Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 4,681 to 4,700 of 15,874

BenAV

@Dezzy I wouldn't even really call Torna an 'expansion pack' but rather a full game in itself, considering it's completely independent from the main game, has a new combat system and even has its own physical release. Crazy good value for money there. There have also been at least another couple of examples of DLC from Nintendo that I think were well worth the asking price in Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2. Most of the time I don't bother with DLC in games though, doesn't feel worth it most of the time. I haven't bought the DLC for Breath of the Wild, Smash Bros. or Fire Emblem.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Euler

@Octane Yeah, that’s possible too. I assumed for the sake of the argument that DLC was developed after release of the base game and they wouldn’t start with the sequel until it was all finished. That’s how it worked with Smash 4 and Ultimate - the latter game was started at the beginning of 2016, immediately after the last DLC was released for 4. So there was no overlap. And the Creating a Champion book clearly suggests they were thinking about a sequel for quite a while.

Euler

Dezzy

Lol well they certainly meant it when they said there are lots of ports coming. Skyward Sword listing on Amazon:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Amazon links aren't always accurate, see Mario Odyssey for PC as an example. That said if it ends up being real, I'd guess it's an early 2021 release.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano A lot of it depends on who is actually listing it on Amazon. If it’s from some random seller it’s very easy to ignore.

Considering it missing The from it’s title I’m skeptical it’s legit.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

BenAV wrote:

@Dezzy I wouldn't even really call Torna an 'expansion pack' but rather a full game in itself, considering it's completely independent from the main game, has a new combat system and even has its own physical release.

It's not completely independent from the main game though, it's literally part of the same story with half of the characters being the same, and reusing one of the same areas.
I think what you mean is it could be played AS IF it were independent, or it's not reliant on the main game. That's probably true, although I think quite a lot of the lore and backstory would feel like it was lacking explanation. Most of that came from the main game.
It would also be super-depressing and unsatisfying ending if that was a standalone story. Whereas it works great as an explanation for why Jin gave up on the world, which leads into the main story (which does have a very satisfying ending for pretty much all the characters)

Edited on by Dezzy

BenAV

@Dezzy Story-wise it's obviously much better to have experienced Xenoblade Chronicles 2 before playing Torna (as you'd expect to be the case with just about any series that gets a sequel/prequel set in the same universe). My point is just that it's a full game on its own. It has its own physical release with its own cartridge and home menu icon and everything and it really feels like a full game experience by its own merits rather than just being an addition to the main game of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (eg. what Future Connected is to Xenoblade Chronicles).

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Octane

@Euler Smash is a little different. Since they outsource Bandai Namco for the development. I assume that Bandai just pulls together a team whenever Nintendo shows up with a big sum of money on their doorstep.

Octane

Giancarlothomaz

Nintendo will begin his general Nintendo Direct in august 20 with Super Mario All-Star 2/3D that will release in novembre 20, the next game they game gonna show is Metroid Samus Revenge a sequel of Metroid Fusion development by Mercury Steam coming septembre 25, Bayonetta 3 is finally got a gameplay trailer and is coming octobre 30th, F-Zero Maximum Adrenaline is coming septembre 4 developed by Bamdai Namco, Pikmin 4 is teased for early 2021, and Nintendo tease the septembre Nintendo Direct.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

BabyYoda71

@Giancarlothomaz Is this your prediction or the leak? Seems... a little specific for a leak.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Giancarlothomaz

the septembre Nintendo Direct is gonna happen in septembre 11 and is gonna be 40 minutes long, it gonna open with a cinematic trailer with some gameplay of Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 showing a vague 2021 release date, the Presentation will continue will more details on Super Mario All-Star 2/3D with 12 minutes focusing on the game, more detais on Metroid Samus Revenge will be show, the Presentation will continue to a in depth story and gameplay focus on Bayonetta 3, the first gameplay of F-Zero Maximum Adrenaline will be show, some upcoming third Party games is gonna get it release date reveled like No More Heroes 3, the first 3D action Adventure plataform of the Kirby franchise will be revealed coming early 2021,a 3D Donkey Kong game made by Playtronic will de revealed coming Spring 2021, a 2D or 3D Wario Land or Wario World will be revealed developed by Wayford coming early 2021, a WarioWare coming will be revealed coming Spring 2021, and Nintendo will close the septembre Nintendo Direct with the anouncement of the game Retro Studios was working since Donkey Kong country Freeze was finished in 2014, coming Spring 2021.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

BabyYoda71

@damien33ad I personally don’t believe that.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Dezzy

damien33ad wrote:

@Dezzy dude I saw this and about did a backflip! I've been putting off Skyward Sword for a year because wanted to play first time on Switch. Vindicated

Same here actually. I never actually finished Skyward Sword on my first playthrough. I've been meaning to go back and redo it fully, but I was hoping they'd make an HD version with some visual improvements. Despite being at the end of the Wii lifecycle, it does look really quite dated visually.

Especially if they're selling it as a single retail release. That would hopefully mean they're putting quite a bit of effort into a visual upgrade.

Edited on by Dezzy

MarioBrickLayer

@Giancarlothomaz I can't see Nintendo teasing Pikmin 4 before Pikmin 3 Deluxe has even been released, it will hurt sales.

@damien33ad I think WW and TP have to be the two guaranteed ports for next year don't they? They have already been remastered to HD, hopefully there are more too!

MarioBrickLayer

Octane

Twilight Princess should've been a remake. It looked pretty bad on Wii U, even compared to other Wii U games. It hasn't aged well. It was a pretty lazy remaster. Same with WW, but at least it looked good, despite them ditching the iconic cell shading.

Octane

jump

@Octane I disagree it was lazy, there was a lot of work put into it more so than Wind Waker. It was just the original had a terrible muddy palette.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

I want Mii games like Tomodachi Life / Miitopia on Nintendo Switch.
I don't need Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, etc to make me happy. (Federation Force was the only exception that i bought last year)

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic