Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 4,641 to 4,660 of 15,474

WoomyNNYes

Oh crap. To @sixrings' point above, what if the mario remasters are NSO offerings only, and not something we can own?? God, I hope we can buy them (if they happen), rather than tie them to a subscription.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Rexenoboy

@Grumblevolcano
That seems like too much in such a short time frame. Remember, we're also due for the next 'Sakurai Presents' and we're almost sure to get a Pokémon Direct for the next expansion as well.
Indie World I can see happening, but a second 3rd party showcase seems too quick after the first.

I think it'll go like this:

• Indie World next week
  • General Direct first week of September, including the reveal of the next Smash character, immediately followed by a Sakurai Presents showcase
  • Pokémon Direct either at the end of September or beginning of October
  • 3rd party showcase in January
  • General Direct in February

Treasure Acquired

sixrings

@WoomyNNYes I'm prepared for n64 Nso. That would be one new system added to Nso for each year the switch is out. I guess we could get gba but nothing on it would encourage me to subscribe. Plus I'd rather get the 64 Mario and zeldas for their anniversaries

sixrings

mariomaster96

@Rexenoboy why would we get a direct for the second pokemon dlc if we didn't get one for the first one? i think a trailer or two will be enough

mariomaster96

Grumblevolcano

@Rexenoboy The first partner showcase was on July 20th and being listed as "July 2020", I think the strategy is to have monthly partner showcases. It is possible though that the massive backlash from the first means the concept gets dropped though.

As for Smash and Pokemon, I think both will appear in the normal Direct. March's Direct Mini was when the big info drop of Isle of Armor info happened.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dionysos283

@Rexenoboy
At the end of the last partner's showcase Nintendo said, that there would be multiple partner showcases throughout the year. So it's save to expect one every 1-2 month, I guess.

dionysos283

Clammy

I think we will get a direct showcasing Mario remakes, Metroid 4 (with Xmas release date), Mario maker 2 update, and new Zelda to be released in November.

This direct will happen on Sunday at 4am

Clammy

Rexenoboy

@mariomaster96 @Grumblevolcano
Whoops-a-daisy, my bad! I thought the first expansion got its own direct. Still, a Pokémon direct before the end of the year is still possible with all their spin-offs and what-not.

@dionysos283
Another mistake of mine, sorry about that. Once every 1 or 2 months seems like a lot though.

With all that being said, I still stand by my list.

Treasure Acquired

Don

Clammy wrote:

I think we will get a direct showcasing Mario remakes, Metroid 4 (with Xmas release date), Mario maker 2 update, and new Zelda to be released in November.

Oh man, bad timing. I will be sleeping over at Shigeru Miyamoto’s house that night. I don’t think he would appreciate me watching the Direct live and waking him and his family up with the noise.

Don

jedgamesguy

@dionysos283 Just hoping major stuff beyond SMT V, Nocturne and Bravely Default II is announced

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Clammy

Don wrote:

Clammy wrote:

Oh man, bad timing. I will be sleeping over at Shigeru Miyamoto’s house that night. I don’t think he would appreciate me watching the Direct live and waking him and his family up with the noise.

He’d probably keep you up all night with his smoking anyhow

Clammy

mariomaster96

@Clammy Don't forget Mario Kart 9 which will be shadow droped directly after the presentation

mariomaster96

Clammy

mariomaster96 wrote:

@Clammy Don't forget Mario Kart 9 which will be shadow droped directly after the presentation

I’ve heard about that. It’s going to have a platform section hub world like crash tag team racing. And will be set in space on Mario galaxy style planets. And if you complete game fully, in homage to Metroid, princes peach will strip down to her frilly undies

Edited on by Clammy

Clammy

sixrings

@Clammy please don't hub world Mario Kart. Its user friendly as it is.

sixrings

FragRed

@sixrings You're right, we need to go old school mainframe for the next Mario Kart with green text on black backgrounds

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

sixrings

@FragRed everything doesn't need a hub world. They don't magically make games better especially when they are shoehorned in. Mainframe with green text though. You might be onto something

sixrings

FragRed

@sixrings Hell yeah I am! I want an end user interface like a text adventure. You'll get a several thousand page manual with tens of thousands of text commands you can enter for every type of outcome conceivable.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Anti-Matter

Funny, even without Direct i found some upcoming pre order games from playasia.

Anti-Matter

Clammy

@sixrings well I’m sorry, but my uncle works at Nintendo, and despite being 83, says this is a fact.

Clammy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic