Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 4,581 to 4,600 of 15,474

HobbitGamer

I mean, I'm not doing anything different than tons of other folks. All day. Every day.

It's like calling the ocean damp

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

link3710

@Don Last I checked, F.L.U.D.D isn't true analog. Either it's less than half pressed (walk and squirt) or more than half pressed (stand in place). You should be able to map that to two separate buttons since there's an extra shoulder button now. No problem at all.

link3710

Octane

@link3710 The first part of the trigger is definitely analog. So it squirts water depending on how much you press the button. Pressing it all the way (past the "click"), and it becomes essentially a digital button; Mario stands still and shoots. But you can control the amount during the first mode.

Octane

Euler

Eh. If they can do Mario 64 with only digital controls (quite successfully IMO, though your mileage may vary), they can figure out a way to do Sunshine without the analog-type shoulder buttons. But I think people on the Internet tend to overestimate the appeal of Sunshine.

Euler

jump

@Euler I wouldn’t say they are overestimating Sunshine’s appeal, it’s just the one they are hungriest for. It’s not had the availability of 64 or was as recent as 3D World, it being so old on a less successful console means there’s a rarity to play it again.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

nitrolink

I'm convinced that this week has nothing, next week has Indie World, the week after has nothing, and finally the week after has the Nintendo Direct we want. The first week of September, almost exactly 1 year since the previous direct. My expectations are really low right now.

nitrolink

Grumblevolcano

Maybe Nintendo wants to play chicken with Microsoft and Sony so we don't get any more 1st party news until the PS5 and Series X prices are revealed

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Maybe Nintendo wants to play chicken with Microsoft and Sony so we don't get any more 1st party news until the PS5 and Series X prices are revealed

I've honestly considered the same thing. Like they might consider a last minute price drop depending on how things go (though I mostly doubt a price cut is happening until at least next year).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

1UP_MARIO

Very awesome it would be.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MS7000

I would just love it if they released a new Donkey Kong game in general, whether it be 2D Country game, or a 3D Platformer. Heck, at this point if they could ever sort out the licensing, I would just love if they remastered DK64. I prefer new games (heck knows I am getting sick of Wii U ports on Switch), but I feel DK64 is old enough that a remaster/remake would be justified.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

Dezzy

I wonder why they don't seem to have continued further with the 2D Donkey Kong games. Tropical Freeze was a pretty big success I thought. It's sold around 5 million between the Wii U and Switch versions.

Especially given that they've kinda brought the 2D Mario games to and end (or so it seems), you'd think they'd want to keep their other 2D platformers going. Yoshi and Donkey Kong most notably.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy I've seen people suggesting that the Wii U ports may effectively work against a new entry in the franchise.

Donkey Kong (DKCTF); 2D Mario (NSMBD); Mario Kart 8; Pikmin all haven't gotten a new entry on the Switch yet (you may even count Smash, but I won't start that argument). Whereas the games that did get new entries, like Kirby, Mario Tennis, Splatoon 2, Yoshi's Crafted World, etc. didn't their their respective Wii U game ported over.

Maybe this is Nintendo's ways of thinking; ''Switch got a DK game, so that's sorted, no need to worry about DK until next gen''. So it's possible that they're prioritising other franchises over DK for the time being.

Octane

MarioBrickLayer

wasn't there a story recently about Nintendo recruiting 2D level designers? That could be Mario or Donkey Kong or something else?

MarioBrickLayer

Octane

That could be for anything really.

Octane

BabyYoda71

I hope there will be new Mario games!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BenAV

A new 3D Donkey Kong game could be interesting but I don't want another 2D one any time soon. I really enjoyed Donkey Kong Country Returns but I started to get bored during Tropical Freeze. Can only release so many similar 2D platformers before they get stale for me like with New Super Mario Bros.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic