Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 15,881

MS7000

@Octane I really hope Nintendo is not using that logic. Although it would explain quite a bit of my disappointment with Nintendo at the moment. I probably wouldn't mind this logic if it led to some older franchises coming back such as F-Zero, but who am I kidding? That won't happen.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

Euler

@jump That's a fair point. Might also have to do with the Teletubby Generation coming of age and being more nostalgic for Gamecube-era games than games like Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. Hence they get a Renaissance.

Edited on by Euler

Euler

Dezzy

@Octane

Yep I worry that's possibly true. Especially when games like Mario Kart 8 are still in the top sellers, why would they bother making the next one?

Lol my main complaint against the Wii U ports is they've ported all of the ones I didn't really care about having on Switch and ignore the ones I wanted. I wanted Xenoblade X, Wind Waker and a version of Star Fox Zero with better controls. Then maybe Yoshi's Woolly World too (although I'm not paying full price for that).
We got basically everything except those ones.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FragRed

@Dezzy I am actually surprised Wind Waker hasn't come across considering it would fulfil that plan to try and get a Mario and/or Zelda game out each year on the Switch as was reported to be the plan a while back if I remember things right.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarioBrickLayer

@Dezzy I'd be shocked if we don't get Wind Waker and Twilight Princess at some point.

MarioBrickLayer

Rexenoboy

@FragRed
Nintendo seems to announce games 3 months before release lately. A WW or TP port this year is still very possible.

Treasure Acquired

MarioBrickLayer

Rexenoboy wrote:

@FragRed
Nintendo seems to announce games 3 months before release lately. A WW or TP port this year is still very possible.

I'm 99% certain neither will happen this year. Next year is the 35th anniversary of Zelda being released, I bet we see them then.

MarioBrickLayer

sixrings

@Rexenoboy i 'll just guess that the Zelda ports will be saved for 2021 35th Zelda year. WW TP BOTW2 and then add the 64 games to NSO.

sixrings

Don

I wonder if the Hibonichi project will result in Mother 3 being localized and announced.

Don

FragRed

@MarioBrickLayer That will all depend on how real those Mario 35th anniversary rumours turn out to be. If that happens, then yes there is a strong argument to believe Zelda will be treated the same way. However if Mario doesn't get that 35th anniversary release, then I don't think for a moment Zelda will.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Rexenoboy

@MarioBrickLayer @sixrings
Perhaps. Although I think Nintendo doesn't care too much about anniversaries.
By the way, it makes better sense from a business perspective to space different Zelda titles apart. Too many Zelda games in a year and your sales will suffer. If BotW2 releases next year, isn't that enough to celebrate the franchise's anniversary?

Treasure Acquired

Don

@FragRed
By when do you think we can safely say the Mario rumors are false if there are still no announcements by then?

Don

FragRed

@Don Probably middle of October, if what I hear on these forums is true that Nintendo needs a 2 month timeframe between the reveal and getting onto store shelves, as this date would mean the game would release early December. But weren't the rumours going around saying it was supposed to come out next month? So on that basis I am just not buying into it, not that I ever did to begin with anyway.

Octane

I don't know what to think if they port WW and TP again. Anyone could've played them on the Cube, the Wii and the Wii U.

Now there's something to be said about the lack of "Virtual Console", or just the ability to buy their older games. But I really don't want to see them doing more full priced ports. Just sell them on the eShop for €10-20 a game. Same with the popular N64 titles and whatnot. I really wonder how long we have to wait till they make Pokemon Red and Blue available again for example. But I don't need it on a cartridge in a box for €60.

Octane

Rexenoboy

@Octane
I understand where you're coming from, but to be fair the WiiU versions of WW and TP were HD remasters. They were sold on the least successful Nintendo console of all time. They'd find a much wider audience on Switch and Nintendo would be crazy not to port them over.

Treasure Acquired

sixrings

@Octane what about kids like my nephew. Too young to have had a Wii or cube and never owned a Wii u because that system for whatever reason didn't sell. Not everyone who is playing on the switch is 20+.

I have no problem with ports and old games being rereleased. What I have a problem is it feeling that there is a lack of emphasis on new games because they have so much old content they can easily copy and paste. My second frustration is the lack of games being ported or remastered from the N64 and GameCube era. Those systems are super old so you'd have to be about 30+ to experience them the first time.

sixrings

sixrings

@Rexenoboy I don't think in general they care about anniversaries. However if all their games are being delayed due to covid then rereleases and pretending to care about anniversaries is a great way to waste time until your super delayed content is ready.

sixrings

sixrings

@Slowdive we can all speculate what is going to happen. If you speculate enough eventually you'll be right on a few odd things.

and I disagree. Based on what Nintendo has given us in 2020 it appears that they were unprepared for the year even before covid hit.

sixrings

Octane

@Rexenoboy I'm not a shareholder, so I don't really care that much about their financials. I do care about the games I can play. Then again, it's not like they need the money, they're already banking on the current games. It's not like they can't afford to release something new instead of another port of WW and TP.

@sixrings In all fairness, a console generation lasts what, 6 or 7 years? So when a new console comes out, there's a whole generation that was ''too young'' to play the games on the last system. That will always be a thing. Releasing all the older games ad nauseam isn't the solution IMO. At least not full on retail releases that hide the lack of actual new games. Just release them on the eShop, by default. For what it's worth, their Virtual Console was a good idea (though there's no reason to separate them from other titles on the eShop), but the concept: being able to buy their older games, yeah, that was a good system. They weren't too expensive. And if you wanted to play through Ocarina of Time of Mario 64 again, you could with little effort. And hey, if they want to do a full on remake of a big title like OOT, I'm not against that either.

Octane

sixrings

@Slowdive he kept on saying to have faith in 343 and now 343 has delayed their game with no time schedule. We can just agree to disagree. I generally think he's fine on a podcast and for entertainment but I'm not going to take his views as news.

sixrings

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic