Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 15,859

shazbot

I'm confused, the Pokemon livestream said a special announcement this week, and the Arms character reveal purports to be a Nintendo Direct.

Are these the same announcement, or are they separate? Because if they're different we're getting two direct messages from Nintendo this week, even if only one is an official Nintendo Direct.

shazbot

Heavyarms55

@shazbot Pokemon and Nintendo are closely related but Pokemon is not purely Nintendo the same way Mario or Metroid are. So it's almost certainly two announcements.

@Anti-Matter I seriously doubt it. HGSS are some of the best Pokemon games ever made and still my favorite single player Pokemon experience personally. Let's Go is more a re-imagining than a remake, and the reason HGSS still sell so high is because the demand for them is high and the supply is only going down. I got my copy of HG on release day before the store even opened. My friend and I actually were waiting outside the store in the morning. Good memories.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Here in Indonesia, i found the copy of HG / SS was Rp 3,000,000 or US$ 212.6
I don't want to buy a $200++ 2D style game. 😣

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Good lord almighty! 212 USD?! Was that sealed in box? It must be! No way the game sells so high for an open copy.

Can you import from the US, Canada or Australia? It's gotta be cheaper than that!

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
$200++ for an used game. 😓
Don't even think about looking from Ebay.
HG / SS are still insane expensive on Ebay.
I cannot order anything from Canadian Ebay users since they don't want to ship the things to Indonesia during Covid19 pandemic.

But, surprisingly the Japanese version were drastic cheaper than the English version.
And to consider about the Pokemons i can get from HG / SS, i still able to catch Lugia and Ho-Oh from both Pokemon ORAS / USUM.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Heavyarms55 SS/HG are around 50-90$ in Ebay in box and with the Pokewalker (opened ofc.)

Those Pokemon games hold their prices really nice. The sealed copies of SS/HG could be around 200-300$.

My favorite example of a expensive cartridge, JUST cartridge, no box or anything is StarCraft 64 the AUS/EU version. 160$ is the minimum!

Some day StarCraft 64 ... some day!

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Ohhh I did a quick search on America Amazon and it's to my extreme surprise, still over 100 dollars used in "fair" condition. I have to say I'm absolutely shocked by that!

As for international shipping, eventually we will either overcome COVID-19 or people will just learn to deal with it and the price should go down somewhat...

But I have no idea why the game has gone up so much in price, I had no idea it was that high! Last time I looked in a US store was over 5 years ago and it was "only" like 45 dollars. But so was Platinum and BW and BW2. Makes me very happy I still have my copies of HG and SS the latter of which I bought about a year after release.

Here's a hope for that Pokemon Direct. I'd love a return of the PokeWalker from HGSS. But make it a phone app. I used to carry my Pokewalker everywhere, it was real fun.

@Zuljaras That's a better price but goodness it's still way higher than I'd expect from a DS game!

Why is Star Fox 64 so expensive? From the way people talk about it, I assumed it was quite common. Wikipedia says it sold over 4 million (yeah I know, wikipedia but I'm just on break at work, I ain't got the time to search more.)

[edit] just saw you said StarCRAFT. lol whoops.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

BabyYoda71

Well, we were all wrong and we’re getting a weird mobile/Switch crossover you need 10-players to play at all.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Anti-Matter

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

Well, we were all wrong and we’re getting a weird mobile/Switch crossover you need 10-players to play at all.

Well, let's play something else and forget about those MOBA style game.
I never like any mobile games.
They are not a game at all.

Anti-Matter

mariomaster96

Just realized that Paper Mario already releases in exactly 3 weeks. Wonder when Nintendo announced anything new (be it a Direct or just a new game via Twitter and YT just like they did with Paper Mario), since there is no game with fix release-date after Paper Mario. It's just like the beginning of may all over again (before Paper Mario was announced), where we only knew about XC DE and Clubhouse Games. Also Paper Mario was announced 15 days before XC DEs release and 22 days before Clubhouse Games, and since we are now 21 days before Paper Marios release I think it's about time to announce something

mariomaster96

BruceCM

Well, Bravely Default 2 is supposedly this year, so that could get an actual date .... There was no warning of the Paper Mario trailer appearing, so something could appear anytime, really

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

FragRed

@BruceCM Bravely Default 2 isn’t a Nintendo published game is it? I’m expecting Square Enix to announce the release date in July or August along with whatever else they plan to showcase.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed It's Nintendo published outside Japan.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Oh right, thanks for clearing that up. That will probably be Nintendo’s August release then.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Yeah, I think it'll be release date announcement and 2nd demo release in July then full game release in August.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

It's currently exclusive to Switch & since the other 2 have stayed on 3DS, I'm guessing it'll never go to other consoles but I do hope we get some others announced, as well ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

dionysos283

Nintendo president Furukawa said on Friday during the investor meeting, that all first party games scheduled for 2020 are still on track.
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-says-switch...

So do you guys think we will still get around 7-8 big first party games this year in total (including Paper Mario and Animal Crossing)? 7-8 games seems to be the usual amount per year.

dionysos283

gcunit

@dionysos283 How many threads would you like us to use to answer this question?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JoeM103

@dionysos283 @gcunit well, that either means we're getting 7/8 releases or Nintendo always planned this year to be drier than the Gobi

JoeM103

Switch Friend Code: SW-3487-3999-7859 | My Nintendo: Meadie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic