Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 15,879

Noble_Haltmann

@LzWinky That’s true, it’s only true development of games that’s been harmed by COVID, not sales my any means. Impressing investors really isn’t a factor in direct timing right now.

I’m still betting that we’re gonna get a Mario 35th anniversary presentation of some sort over the summer in addition to Shadow dropped announcements and info on the last few holiday 2020 games (Pikmin 3 and 2D Metroid are my guesses, as well as a Mario and Pokémon game announced at their respective presentations.)

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

JoyBoy

My expectations are as follows...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

LzWinky

@Noble_Haltmann I imagine at the least we would hear about Mario’s anniversary, but not until after August

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

News I think is pretty much guaranteed is info on the next Animal Crossing updates sometime before the end of June as the last known event is Wedding Season (June 1st - June 30th).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dionysos283

Like I said above: If there is now announcement in June, I don't think we'll get a new game in August. But since Nintendo normally has one / some big Holiday-title(s) for the end of the year, a 3D-Mario collection and a Pikmin 3 port are much more likely to come out during summer. So let's keep our fingers crossed!

dionysos283

BabyYoda71

@dionysos283 I think Mario 3D will be the holiday games.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

dionysos283

@BabyYoshi12

That would actually be pretty lame. Considering the launch of the new console generations, Nintendo would need at least one really big Holiday title to compete with Sony and Microsoft (like a Botw 2 or Mario Odyssey 2). I think, I would not be the only one being deeply disappointed by a 3D Mario collection being the the "big" holiday title. Especially after this lackluster year when it comes to first party titles.

dionysos283

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 I think Super Mario 3D World and Pokemon Let's Go Johto will be the holiday games. Crown Tundra DLC for Sword/Shield will probably releasing in September given the early purchase bonus (Leon's outfit) for the expansion pass is up to August 31st, annual holiday season games with DLC generally release the last DLC in August/September anyway.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BabyYoda71

I just don’t see Let’s Go Johto coming out in 2020. Their big game for 2020 is DLC. I could be wrong, but I just don’t see it happening.

Grumblevolcano

@BabyYoshi12 The Pokemon Presents a few days ago is what changed my mind, it was revealed there's a big project being revealed on Wednesday (24th) and the shelves in the background were all Johto Pokemon and Kanto Pokemon that was a part of Gold/Silver/Crystal's story except the Galar starters. Before that Pokemon Presents, I did think Crown Tundra DLC was going to be the big Pokemon holiday release.

Grumblevolcano

nitrolink

What is Pokemon Company planning for next year's 25th anniversary? I would imagine there are other main series titles (Diamond and Pearl remakes). I guess Pokemon is an annual series now.

nitrolink

BabyYoda71

@Grumblevolcano Did they specifically say they were revealing a game? I thought they said they were making a big announcement, which sounds like more Crown Tundra information and a big reveal about it. What are the chances they thought of hiding clues in the plushes anyway? I think it was just a coincidence.

Grumblevolcano

@BabyYoshi12 They said they had another big project they're working on that's being revealed on June 24th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

BabyYoda71

@Grumblevolcano Yes, I watched it, that is true. Still, even if they reveal Let’s Go Johto, I don’t see it releasing in 2021.

link3710

@nitrolink Well, most likely we'll see at the least:

• Detective Pikachu 2 (the game) will probably launch, alongside Detective Pikachu 2 (the movie) getting a release date
  • New Pokemon Snap will launch
  • A main series remake of some sort (DPPt remake / Let's Go 2 / Coliseum or XD remake / Something new)
  • A throwback in the TCG with a bunch of classic cards rereleased
  • Merchandise of course
  • Something in the anime, whether it's a return of a classic character, or something with next year's movie
  • Pokemon Go will have a bunch of celebrations
  • A new mythical (of course)
  • Possibly some additional spinoff (not Mystery Dungeon, so Pinball, Pokken, or a new one seem likely.)
  • A new mobile game

link3710

BabyYoda71

@link3710 I sure hope that all happens.

As for this Wednesday’s Presents, I think they’ll reveal a game AND more info about Sleep AND potentially more....

link3710

@BabyYoshi12 Honestly? I feel like that's a bare minimum, outside of the additional spinoff. Snap isn't likely to be a game with a hugely long development cycle and looks like it's in decent shape from the initial reveal, DP2 likely entered development around 2018 when the first one ended since the movie was in development, so for a game like that I can't imagine it won't be done by next year. DP2 (the movie) was announced to be in development back in 2019, so a release date in 2021 is almost certain unless it's fallen apart. And we never go a year without something main series anymore, so that's guaranteed. And most of the rest of the list is, quite frankly, guaranteed.

I don't think you really need to hope much. What I'd like to see is them do something substantial, not a bare minimum of what they were going to do anyways and claiming it's an anniversary celebration.

link3710

Anti-Matter

If Pokemon Let's Go Johto will be on Nintendo Switch, do you think it will make an impact of the price of Pokemon Soul Silver / Heart Gold NDS on Ebay or any online shop website ?
I mean those games are still really insane expensive. Will the price of NDS version drop when the Switch version with HD remake already out ?
I definetely consider the HD Remake version than the 2D style of NDS version.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

@link3710 I think that amount of things will happen, just maybe not specifically those things. Like, DP2 the movie... setting a release date for a movie doesn’t seem like something a video game/TCG company would do for an anniversary.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic