Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 15,873

MarioBrickLayer

RGT 85 on Youtube has posted a video saying he's hearing there will be two Nintendo announcements this month, one this week and one in 2 weeks or towards the end of July. He's not sure what the one this week is, but is expecting it not to be Mario, he thinks that will be in a few weeks (in July).

Segment starts around 10:31

The comment about something this week is in reaction to a twitter post by @nintendeal who said yesterday that something cool will be coming from Nintendo this week

But today they said this is something cool from Nintendo about Min Min and Smash/Arms

MarioBrickLayer

NintendoByNature

@MarioBrickLayer i saw that too. Hoping for the 35th anniversary announcement comes, whatever it may be(Mario collection, new 2d Mario games, etc).

Kinda stinks they teased people saying something cool was coming only to eventually state it was min min

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

Finding out about the next game, only after the other releases is kinda tiresome. I didn’t think they’d be this silent in June, so July I’m not hedging any hype.

It’s clear that Animal Crossing
and stuff like Ring Fit shot Nintendo to the top of the console revenue stream. Now a lot of the random people I talk to and see on the subway are on their Switch. Nintendo could theoretically make bank without lifting a finger for the rest of 2020, but I hope they don’t.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Grumblevolcano

I wasn't that far off with my predictions for June:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

So between the free Pokemon gifts, the Smash tourney and the Animal Crossing video in April I think June for Nintendo 1st party stuff will look like:

June 5th - 51 Clubhouse Games (already known)
June 8th - 12th (1 day in that range) - Nintendo announces a game for release in August
June 19th - Pokemon Isle of Armor DLC launches
June 22nd - 26th (1 day in that range) - Smash Ultimate ARMS character releases
June 29th or 30th - Nintendo announces the next batch of Animal Crossing updates

What actually happened was:
June 5th - Clubhouse Games
June 15th/16th - Jump Rope Challenge was shadow dropped
June 17th - Pokemon Isle of Armor DLC launched
June 25th - Nintendo announced the next batch of Animal Crossing updates
June 29th/June 30th - Smash Ultimate ARMS character released

The big thing I got wrong was predicting a game announcement for release in August which suggests if there's a Nintendo published game released in August, it's Bravely Default II.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Noble_Haltmann

Not bad, @Grumblevolcano ! If you count the Pokémon stuff as the new August game announcement you were pretty much spot on! What games do you think we’re gonna get for the rest of the year?

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Grumblevolcano

If the 3D Mario Collection is real, I'd guess it would be announced this week for release on September 4th. I doubt Nintendo would repeat the awkward timing of releasing a game on September 11th like they did in 2015 with Mario Maker.

But like I've said before, I don't think the 3D Mario Collection is real so my guesses for July are:

• July 2nd - Nintendo announces the July 3rd Animal Crossing update comes with the save data transfer thing they mentioned in the February Animal Crossing Direct
  • July 3rd - Animal Crossing update releases (we know this)
  • July 6th - 10th (some time in that gap) - New trailer for Bravely Default II with demo released same day, release date is August
  • July 17th - Paper Mario Origami King (we know this)
  • July 23rd - Nintendo announces a game for release in late September, my guess is Pikmin 3
  • July 27th - 31st (some time in that gap) - Nintendo details the early August Animal Crossing update

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BabyYoda71

Wow, that’s very good,@Grumblevolcano! How do you come up with your estimates?

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

I’m going to attempt to predict the rest of July using educated guesses, like Grumblevolcano did above:

July 3- Animal Crossing update
July 17- The Oragami King
July 16-20- Mario Direct announced
July 23- Mario Direct confirms Mario Remaster for September
July 24- Animal Crossing Summer update wave 2 info

BabyYoda71

@dionysos283 Yep. It will be a Mario Direct and be on July 23. Or July 17, but I think it will be announced then.

GrailUK

I think we are going to get a mini direct with a 2D Metroid and a 3D Donkey Kong Country. (I've also gone stir crazy!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 I think we'll get something by a week after Paper Mario launches. Whether that's a Direct, a game announcement announced like Paper Mario or a release date trailer for something like Bravely Default II we'll just have to wait and see.

Given Nintendo's not really promoting Paper Mario currently (Nintendo's mostly focused on promoting Animal Crossing and Xenoblade), I'd guess if there is a Direct it would be on July 9th and Paper Mario gets a long spotlight like Bravely Default II did back in March.

Grumblevolcano

Laoak

I don't think we are getting a direct but definitely a big announcement some time this month. I think it could be the Mario collection or something else

{funny quote here}

BabyYoda71

@Grumblevolcano This is why I think it will be Mario. As part as Oragami King celebrations, they’ll announce a Mario Anniversary Direct, and it will happen on July 23.

Maaryotyme

If guess the next big announcement will be just before paper Marios release or after.

Maaryotyme

Dark_Magician

Mario + Luigi Peach's Haunted Castle? Idk just guessing.

Ya know what would be cool? A Mario and Link crossover game where Ganandorf and Bowser join forces. I wish man, I wish.

Edited on by Dark_Magician

Mancer_X

Grumblevolcano

@BabyYoshi12 I'm leaning towards general Direct or Direct Mini if there's a Direct because of the 3rd party front. It's not just the Nintendo side that is lacking in quantity after July, it's Switch games in general. Now it's possible that 3rd parties just don't want to support Switch anymore because next gen is coming but I don't think that's the case.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic