Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 13,201 to 13,220 of 15,874

BrazillianCara

I feel that that TotK's release might have had some influence on when the next Direct will come out. Because it would make sense to wait to announce a bunch of new stuff while their biggest recent release is still trending - especially if said stuff includes announcing DLC for TotK.

BrazillianCara

Sputnik_Corner

Yeah I really think we won't see any Directs until September, tbh I could see them even skipping September, the big thing this Holiday is gonna be Pokemon DLC, so I can see Pokemon doing a separate direct in september/october to show that off, but Nintendo themselves having a quiet Christmas after releasing the best game ever earlier in the year. And sure, maybe Nintendo have a few more cards up their sleeve for the Switch but at this point I would rather TOTK be a swansong for the switch with Pikmin as a little dessert to round it off and then a quiet fade out. (hoping for a launch of Switch successor in March/April 2024) I would much rather Nintendo be saving their games now for the next console, and having a great launch for whatever that ends up being.

The only thing that could change this... The next console isn't coming in 2024, a very depressing notion but it would be very Nintendo to do what all of us aren't expecting, if that's the case then I highly doubt we will have a year with no games, and then a September Direct is much more likely.

We've seen it before where Nintendo was seemingly building up to a direct and then they ultimately didn't have quite enough and so it was all quietly announced on twitter and seeing as we've now had a few things on twitter over the last few weeks its seeming like we're in the same scenario as before, but who's to say that those announcements are done? There's every chance that there are still a few more things coming to twitter.

Sputnik_Corner

Anti-Matter

I found Wholesome Direct was way more interesting to watch than any games showcase even Nintendo Direct.
I don't even care with whatever happened to Nintendo IP in the future that I have zero interest with them such as zelda, xenoblade, splatoon, fire emblem, etc.

Anti-Matter

GrailUK

If their is a Nintendo Direct next week, however many minuts they say it will be. make sure you knock off about 7 minutes for everyone not soley wanting game announcements...

• The 'look how well Zelda Tears of the Kingdom has been recieved' section for new folk.
  • Pikmin 4 section with Mr Miyamoto (executive creator on the Mario Movie) section for Nintendom.
  • And Everybody 1-2 Switch section for folk who hate video games.

Just to keep hype in check. Won't stop moaning they are wasting time as usual (but it's so annoying, I thought I would prempt it.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@Anti-Matter Exactly. Gaming is for everyone. And everyone likes different stuff

Edited on by GrailUK

Grumblevolcano

@ElRoberico @FragRed @skywake I was thinking more about that if Nintendo's releasing Everybody 1-2-Switch specifically to fill in a gap, wouldn't filling in a bigger gap make more sense if there was a bigger gap to fill?

Nintendo choosing to fill in a gap that's comparable to the gap between BotW and MK8 Deluxe which is already kind of filled by the fact TotK is a long game gives the impression that Nintendo's going to pull an E3 2021.

As a reminder, with that year the only things after July we knew prior to the E3 2021 Direct was Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, Age of Calamity DLC and Smash DLC. Then the Direct almost fully filled in the rest of the year (Big Brain Academy was a standalone reveal in early September).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Neph

Confused why it wasn't talked about yet but multiple sources have now talked about a Nintendo direct taking place around the 20th - 23rd of june
No clue if it is legitimate - NateTheHate (no clue about his track record) also said that the second half of 2023 would be no sleeper.
We also have Syluxhunter (100% track record so far - knew about the persona games coming to switch, Nier Automata and the exact date that Bayonetta 3 releases) who only talks about thing they 100% know about saying that something related to F-Zero is on the horizon.

Neph

Switch Friend Code: SW-5770-3159-1125

GrailUK

It doesn't make sense Nintendo would be quiet for the remainder of the year. Nintendo are the most prolific game creators out there. They have a user base of 130million and counting. They are living their best life at the moment lol.

Grumblevolcano

@Neph The sudden increase in Persona 3 Reload Switch retailer listings (the game isn't currently announced for Switch) does give some credibility to the rumours about a Direct in the next few days. I don't think any rumours involving F-Zero coming back can be trusted though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Neph

@Professor_Plumber Oh the Syluxhunter thing is from last year but they DID say that they didn't know when it will be announced just that they have something planned for F-Zero fans
@Grumblevolcano While I doubt that Persona 3 Reload comes to switch considering they announced Tactica but not the remake which is weird, I would have no problems if it came to switch. Simply because next year will be way too packed with Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth to actually play Persona 3 Reload on the PS5

Neph

Switch Friend Code: SW-5770-3159-1125

TheBigBlue

Well well well, here we are again folks, the fiftieth rumor of the month

https://mynintendonews.com/2023/06/18/rumour-nintendo-prepari...

So this random Portuguese site I’ve never heard of says next week is not a partner direct because it has first party games? In that case (I will momentarily take the bait and play devils advocate here) say that this is all somewhat real. If the direct in question isn’t a partner one, I would guess a Mini. I wouldn’t be upset with a mini. The one we got in June 2020 wasn’t terrible. I remember a Xenoblade 1 definitive edition in that direct, so the presumed mini direct will have a remake/remaster for the headliner. If I were to guess, I would say a fire emblem remake, specifically Genealogy Of The Holy War, as that comes after Gaiden (Shadows of Valentia) and New Mystery Of The Emblem (DS) in chronological release order, the latter three games I just mentioned being FE2 and FE3 respectively. Genealogy is FE4. Interesting. There have also been twitter folks like that goof markomaro saying that Genealogy remake is most likely due for the end of the year, if true. That’s just a guess on my part though. I don’t think the direct is real, it’s complete BS just like last June. It will most likely be a partner one. Take this rumor with a grain of 🧂.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Bolt_Strike

I'm just going to sit back and laugh if this week passes by and we get nothing or just a Partner Showcase. Best to expect nothing from now until next gen is announced, we're at that point in the generation where things seem to be winding down and Nintendo is likely shifting development to next gen.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Sir_Axeman

The Next FULLY FLEDGED Direct will be where the Next Gen System is revealed, i reckon anyway.

i enjoy Mario Kart Double Dash and Cups of Tea !!!!

The-Chosen-one

Lol i will laugh if its just a indie showcase direct. And nintendos reply "we hope you undertand" 😶‍🌫️

The-Chosen-one

Fizza

@TheBigBlue For as sketchy as that rumour is, you can't deny it would be entirely in-character for Nintendo to hold a Summer press conference after literally everyone else: they're predictably unpredictable XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Noble_Haltmann

The last 2 general directs have been on Tuesdays (in NA at least) so if we are getting a new one this week there’s a decent chance it’ll be announced tomorrow at 9 or 10am ET

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Grumblevolcano

@Noble_Haltmann February's general Direct this year was on a Wednesday and Wednesday/Thursday is the norm for non-E3 (September 2022 Direct being on a Tuesday was an exception). Though it's possible that even though they rejected E3, they choose to do the E3 Direct timing of a Tuesday anyway.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Noble_Haltmann

Ohhhhh oops you're totally right. That's an interesting point about the usual E3 slot having been Tuesday, but I doubt they'd do that again. I think that widely regarded not good September 2022 direct was likely an outlier because they had to get it out before TGS which started that Wednesday and they had to fulfill contracts to advertise third party games before or something.

If I'm not mistaken minis are usually dropped on Thursday mornings, so we should know by Wednesday morning (NA time) at the latest if we're getting a full juicy general direct this week.

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike I mean even with them shifting to next gen development, they're not gonna go the rest of 2023 post-Pikmin 4 without releasing anything other than DLC.

While I think we agree that we're getting ports and remasters the rest of the generation, they gotta announce what those ports/remasters are at some point.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic