Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 13,181 to 13,200 of 15,874

blindsquirrel

@JONOFTHEJONS
Yeah, an announcement is definitely coming soon.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

TheBigBlue

@Magician that’s gotta be my favourite joker laugh of all time, I’ve seen that episode lots of times just for this scene

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

FishyS

@blindsquarel Announcing a new Mario boxing game in a direct, inviting Reggie, and sticking some Mario-themed boxing gloves on Reggie and Miyamoto is actually frighteningly plausible.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

blindsquirrel

@FishyS
I did say I was being realistic.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

skywake

TheBigBlue wrote:

Nintendo fans on Twitter are just lost most times.

Twitter was always a bit of a sewer and I'd imagine the great Elon filter where users, myself included, abandoned the platform hasn't improved the quality of discussion. If quality was ever the correct word to use re twitter

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Bolt_Strike

@Professor_Plumber Title is clickbait, this is just rumors. And I'll believe this when I see it, I'm firmly on the side of "they have nothing" until proven otherwise. If they had tons of games hidden up their sleeve that they were planning on releasing during the holiday, we'd probably have seen one or two of them in February. Most likely reason behind the silence is that most of the games they're working on right now are next gen games and they're waiting to announce the new console. So I'm predicting no general Direct until September (and even then I'm guessing that won't have much new to announce either with just a bunch of DLC, ports, and remakes) and if we're getting anything next week, it's a Partner Showcase.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

I've been thinking about wave 5 timing again, if they were to pull a wave 4 and have 3 real life city tracks in wave 5 it's possible that one of them is not currently in Tour (only a possbility as there's exactly 3 real life city tracks currently in Tour that's not in MK8 Deluxe). That outcome would mean wave 5's not being revealed in June as those real life city tracks always debut in Tour first (that's why the prefix is "Tour" and not nothing like the other brand new courses that come to Tour like Ninja Hideaway).

If that was the case, it would give that July Direct rumour a bit of credibility as wave 5 would certainly appear if a July Direct was to happen.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

I still think it's quite likely they'll just leave the schedule empty til September. We're at the tail end of a generation after all.

link3710

TheBigBlue

@link3710 absolutely. I find it hilarious how social media Nintendo fans and even major gaming outlets like IGN harp on and on about the Switch being on its last legs, in its twilight years, blah blah. And when Nintendo doesn’t have anything else major to add to the switch when everyone says it’s “phasing out”, they then turn around and whine and complain and beg for directs. It’s a cycle of idiocy over there. IGN’s article stated after the February direct this year “A solid direct means the end for the switch is coming”. How? Cause Metroid Prime returned!? And now people crave a direct, even though it didn’t happen last year (a partner one instead). The logic blows my mind from some of those Nintendo twitter people.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

FragRed

Gamers, and especially Nintendo fans, are never happy. The fact a game like Everybody 1-2 Switch was just randomly thrown out as a game that’s coming this month with no trailer, and was a game rumoured 2 years ago to be shelved because of its lack of quality, should be more than enough to make everyone think maybe there just isn’t enough new stuff to put out on the Switch

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed If the 2nd half of 2023 was very light for 1st party, why would you release Everybody 1-2-Switch in June when the gap between TotK and Pikmin 4 were very similar to the gap between BotW and MK8 Deluxe. Wouldn't it make more sense in like September?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ElRoberico

@Grumblevolcano it's the perfect place to bury it if it's truly a terrible game. There's literally no footage of it at all, and we're literally two weeks away from launch. That tells me that:

1. It's bad and Nintendo wants to shove it out with no marketing budget wasted. Or
2. Nintendo is releasing a Direct within the next two weeks to show it off.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Why put it out in September? As @ElRoberico says, if it’s a bad as rumours say, slide it on out without raising too much awareness other than maybe a tweet near the time and let it be.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

skywake

@Grumblevolcano
It's not a game that's going to move the needle regardless of when it releases. If it's anything like the original, which I admit I never bothered to pick up, it's going to be just another one of those tech demo console launch titles. Something you use to sell the hardware concept that doesn't really have much behind it beyond that. Like Wii Play or the AR games on the 3DS. Just without a console launch with people wanting to add any damn title to the cart on Day 1

June, September, November. I don't think it makes any difference. This isn't a game that's going to flesh out the release lineup. The people who will be buying this won't be the kinds of people who are looking for something new on Switch

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic