Forums

Topic: NBA Playgrounds

Posts 261 to 280 of 305

Spoony_Tech

@DTMOF84 As long as you don't delete your Nintendo account information you can delete or archive the game if you like. Either way it will show up as a purchased game. Free up some space if you need to.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DTMOF84

Still nothing new on the update for NBA Junkyards. Soon as I need the extra space on my Switch this is the first to go.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

JayJ

@DTMOF84 Same. I am getting down to the 10GB mark on my 200GB SD card already (all these great new eshop games have been releasing like crazy) and this game immediately stands out to me as the first one that should go if I suddenly want to download a bunch of new indie games or something.

It's just in a very poor state, and has been since before NBA 2K18 even released. We haven't seen anything in the way of support while the PS4 and Xbox One have received a bunch of new content, and the game has never been anything great to begin with. I got it as a launch title to hold me over until NBA 2K came out, and since 2K I haven't had any desire to go back.

JayJ

Daftbomb

Been on the fence over this game for ages, is this anything like NBA street? As far as I can tell its no JAM but has it enough fun to it to warrant buying?

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

bluedogrulez

@Daftbomb: I had a ton of fun with this one but understand: (1) the Switch version is inferior to that of other consoles, (2) the online play was not the best and may be nonexistent now (not really sure), (3) the developer has said a new version to bring the Switch up to speed is in the works. So if you only have the Switch and are fine with local play (1 vs CPU or 1 vs 1), and do not want to wait for an indefinite period, I'd pull the trigger. There is definitely fun to be had if you like arcade basketball with current and former NBA stars.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Daftbomb

@bluedogrulez Thanks for the reply, probably gonna opt for vs CPU anyway (heck, i even enjoy playing Rocket League vs bots) so long as its solid im tempted. Gonna go watch some vids of it to help make a decision.

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

DTMOF84

@JayJ I played it yesterday for the first time since I got 2K18. Its hard to go back to it. I'll still hold out until this supposed update/new version comes out. But when I need the space, as it stands this is the first to go.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Spoony_Tech

@DTMOF84 Same here, hard to even think about loading this game up after 2k. It will also be the first to go for me as there's just not enough to hold my attention. Good for what it was launching so early in the life of the system but now it doesn't look so good considering what else is available.

Wonder how Shaq Fu's coming along. Haven't heard nothing about it since they said we will get it for free.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DTMOF84

@Spoony_Tech I’m not holding out too high of hopes for Shaq Fu. They should remake that Michael Jordan game too while they’re at it. Chaos in the Windy City I think it was called.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

JayJ

@DTMOF84 I honestly just deleted it and got the game on my PS4 since it's on sale for only $6 and I have a ton more storage on it. It turns out that added content is being locked behind a $10 paywall, which I think is a joke, so it's hardly any better than it was on the Switch.

JayJ

jump

So what's up with the enhanced edition?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JHDK

jump wrote:

So what's up with the enhanced edition?

Ha! I was coming here to ask the same thing. I found this:

"A new NBA Playgrounds ‘Enhanced Edition’ has arrived on the Australian eShop tonight and it’s free for existing owners. This enhanced edition is clearly Saber Interactives way around getting the patch size limitations they have been struggling with since the game was originally released."

https://www.vooks.net/nba-playgrounds-gets-enhanced-edition-s...

but it's not all that helpful explaining what's going on for people who already bought the game months ago.

So, it's an update that is free for previous owners of the game. I guess we are supposed to DL this and then delete the original copy of the game? Not so sure about that. And what's going on with the expansion packs?

Edited on by JHDK

Switch Friend Code: 5258-4283-7999

JHDK

Oh, ok...This is from the Playgrounds Facebook page:

"Users should note this new edition of NBA Playgrounds is a standalone title separate from the original version of the game and must be downloaded independently through the Nintendo eShop (the upgraded edition can be identified by a golden frame around the game’s icon in the eShop). Players can safely delete the old version of NBA Playgrounds after downloading this upgraded edition but should be careful not to delete their existing game saves, which will be automatically converted and playable in the upgraded version of the title after installing."

https://www.facebook.com/NBAPlaygrounds/photos/a.225876534556...

That clears things up a bit.

JHDK

Sorry for the back to back to back posts but now I'm looking into these expansion packs.

The Hot 'N Frosty pack gives you a 8 new rookie players, 3 new courts, 3 new tourneys and 3 new balls for $9.99. This is something that I may consider. It sounds like you get enough to justify the price.

The Unlock Roster pack simply unlocks all the players in the game except the ones you get in Hot 'N Frosty. This one also costs $9.99. This seems like a major waste of money. By playing the game (maybe grinding a bit) you can unlock all the players and not have to pay anything extra.

Overall this was a confusing roll out of new and improved content. I enjoy playgrounds and I'm glad that they continue to support the game on Switch but at the same time this was a convoluted way to go about releasing an update and new content.

Edited on by JHDK

Xyphon22

I think I've decided to wait until next year's (hopefully) edition to get NBA 2K, so would you recommend I get this? It says it is at a special introductory price of $9.99, so I'm really tempted by it. I know it's not as good as NBA Jam, but to get my basketball fix I think it looks pretty good.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

JHDK

Xyphon22 wrote:

I think I've decided to wait until next year's (hopefully) edition to get NBA 2K, so would you recommend I get this? It says it is at a special introductory price of $9.99, so I'm really tempted by it. I know it's not as good as NBA Jam, but to get my basketball fix I think it looks pretty good.

In the update before the one that came out today they revamped the shooting system and imo made it much better. I really like this game. I have both this and NBA2k18 and I play this way more. I say it's well worth the cheaper, introductory price and worth a shot.

Xyphon22

@JHDK Thanks. I think I'll probably get this. I've thought it looked good since it was released. I know there are obvious issues, but it should still be fun. I'd rather get the realistic 2K, but these realistic sports sims are usually much better the second time around on a new system when the developers know what they are doing better. Also, as a Laker fan, I like to assume they will make the Lakers better next year after all the young players have another year under their belts (and we will have Paul George and hopefully LeBron on our team).

Xyphon22

Xyphon22

So I bought it and played some this afternoon and tonight, and it's a lot of fun. Some of the actions take getting used to, but I'm getting better. I don't understand some of the non-gameplay choices (why do the Suns have the second most players with 17? why is Shawn Marion on the Cavaliers? why do I finally get a Legendary player and it is someone who is still playing in Dirk?), but gameplay wise I really like it so far. Also, I unlocked Paul George, so next year I can just play as him and pretend he's a Laker.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

bluedogrulez

Good to hear, Xyphon!

I “upgraded” to the new edition for free. Very painless and great to have the new tourneys and locations. The red packs are kind of silly. But pretty amazing how many more players we added to each team’s roster.

I like the addition of the rebounding circle, but rebounding stats appear to remain off. Did they nerf blocks? Also, the shot meter remains frustrating. In my tourney final, Ainge should have nailed TWO three pointers...and they should have been perfect according to the meter. They both rimmed out and I lost. Ah well. The game remains fun.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

SwitchbladeSam

Just got this yesterday,so I can't compare it to the earlier version ..I think it's great though ,as an arcade sports type game ,one of the best I've played in a long time!. At 10$ rite now it's a steal...I can't find anybody for online matches though? 7949-4887-4365

SwitchbladeSam

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.