Forums

Topic: NBA Playgrounds

Posts 281 to 300 of 305

kobashi100

Nice arcade alternative to NBA 2K. Wouldn't call playgrounds amazing but it's decent enough.

kobashi100

Xyphon22

@bluedogrulez Yeah, I was really confused by those red packs at first. I didn't know if I was supposed to know who any of them were besides Ian Eagle. Then I looked up the team and saw they were all Twitter people. And I also can not get rebounds at all. I can't imagine how hard it would have been if there was not a circle before.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

blockfight

@OorWullie anytime I've played lately only takes about 10 to 20 seconds to find an online match.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

Xyphon22

Is there any point in leveling up the players? It says they learn new moves, but what does this mean? Can they do more things, or is it simply different crossover and dunk animations? Do players actually become better when they are leveled up?

Xyphon22

OorWullie

@blockfight Cheers, that's good to know. Hopefully this re-release and cheap price will bring in a lot of new players and keep then online modes occupied for a while.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

bluedogrulez

@Xyphon22 : Yes, they play better leveled up. The main thing I noticed is that Pat Ewing (who is one of my mains) was a terrible dunker before leveling up, even though his rating is really high (10 maybe?). Once he leveled up, he became a beast.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Xyphon22

@bluedogrulez Great, thanks. I was probably going to level up my favorites anyways, just good to know there is actually a point behind it. I have leveled two players up to silver, and nothing seemed to have changed.

Xyphon22

javman05

Picked this up today with a few quid I’d left in eshop funds. Not played nba jam in about 20 years so looking forward to it. If anyone fancies a game add away

SW073592171217 Javman

Mario/Kart/Fifa player amongst others

Add away SW-0735-9217-1217

javman05

Quality pic sir, cannae beat oor wullie and the broons @OorWullie

OorWullie

@javman05 Haha cheers. I grew up reading them, been a few years now since I read one though.

Cheers for the request too, just accepted. I played NBA Jam on Wii but other than that it's been 20 odd years for me too. Going to buy NBA Playgrounds in a couple of hours.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

javman05

Nice one sir, hopefully see you on the court. Now if they just fix the matchmaking in Fifa this would be the perfect console @OorWullie

Bezbot

The rumors were true about NBA Playgrounds 2! It comes out Summer this year! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9T1Fv3zRN4

I can't believe this is coming out so short after the first and the enhanced edition. I don't know if I'll buy it yet because it looks very similar to the first, but if it has a special price for owners of the first then I might. (Edit: typo)

Edited on by Bezbot

Bezbot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro

DTMOF84

I revived the thread for Shaq Fu @octane not NBA Playgrounds.

So I guess we’re here to talk about Shaq Fu until this gets locked.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Octane

@DTMOF84 There wasn't a Shaq Fu thread (and that was not what the original thread was about), so go ahead and make a new one.

Octane

DTMOF84

@Octane it was about both games. As was mentioned in the title and the first post. 🤔

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

bluedogrulez

Just confirming that as an NBA Playgrounds purchaser at release, I was able to successfully download a 100% free copy of Shaq Fu from the NA eShop last night. No code required; just select the game and it showed as being discounted 100%.

So you fellow early Playgrounds adopters, be sure to get your free copy!

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Murph

bluedogrulez wrote:

Just confirming that as an NBA Playgrounds purchaser at release, I was able to successfully download a 100% free copy of Shaq Fu from the NA eShop last night. No code required; just select the game and it showed as being discounted 100%.

So you fellow early Playgrounds adopters, be sure to get your free copy!

Good fine, @bluedogrulez. Downloading now.

XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murpgh_1
Switch: 8125-7768-9102
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1

DTMOF84

I’m surprised how fun it is. I’d be less likely to play it for $30 though. Seems like it’ll be a short game to me.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.