Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 4,706

Ralizah

@JaxonH Maybe you don't have a lot of free time in your day, but one hunt a day or something should be manageable as you play other games, right? For myself, I thankfully don't have anything booked until Mario + Rabbids 2 in late October. I was playing Trails in the Sky SC, but I'm gonna set that down again for a bit before picking it back up to blitz the final two chapters near the end of the year.

I also beat the Seething Bazelgeuse urgent last night, which was a lot tougher than Flaming Espinas. Planning on fighting the Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos today. Just urgent quests upon urgent quests, lol.

I was afraid it'd take me a bit to get back into the Switch Axe, but it all returned to me after, like, three minutes in the training hall.

They've added so much stuff to Sunbreak that it's almost intimidating.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I know, I love it. And I never even finished the content from the base release of Sunbreak. I'm only MR31 so I still have Scorned Magnamalo and Furious Rajang to fight. On top of Lucent Nargacuga, Silver Rathalos, Flaming Espinas, Violet Mizutsune, Risen Chameleos, all the Afflicted Monster Quests and augmenting, and, I never even fought the new Sunbreak monsters more than once. I fought Gore Magala that one time with you. That's it. Same for many of the other monsters. I need mats from all of them in order to make layered armor and weapon sets (there's at least a dozen I want).

Hundreds of hours of content ahead. I'm down for some hunts this week if you want.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

@CJD87 ....If this only works in multiplayer, then...guess I'm screwed. T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ralizah

@JaxonH Sounds good.

Yeah, I stopped a couple months ago around MR41, so I've still got a few base Sunbreak monsters to fight.

Just fought the Silver Rathalos, btw. Crazy fight. That thing is almost never not jumping around, flying, or shooting exploding jets of fire across the arena.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Any carts so far?

Gold Ian caught me slipping. I ran out of herbal medicines, got poisoned and knocked down, tried to wirefall backward and he hit me with that giant blue fireball. I knew immediately it was kitty cart time, even despite the aurtortoise preventing a faint from the initial explosion, the second part got me.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH One cart each for Espinas and Bazelgeuse. With the former, my character was dazed right when I was low on health, and the enemy charged, so... not much to be done there. With the latter, I just got greedy, pushed my luck without healing, and then was caught in an explosion, so that was my bad.

No carts against the Rathalos. Probably helped that I spent the entire fight dodge rolling like a madman between attacks.

WiiWareWave

@Ralizah @JaxonH Want to add each other as Switch friends? I play Sunbreak a few times a week and occasionally boot up Generations Ultimate as well.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@TowaHerschel7 Definitely add me if we're not already friends on NSO. For monsters I've already fought before (which is... almost all of them, lol). I strongly prefer multiplayer.

Joeynator3000

Meanwhile, I've been using Violet Mizu's armor instead of normal Bazel's (which is basically the best Gunlance armor, lol), basically making myself play more aggressively with the Gunlance and so far it's been working. I also kept forgetting about the damn counter which I'm getting back into again. xD

But yeah, if only I could get skills that I want with the quiro armor stuff. It seems that certain armor can only get certain skills with this thing? Hard to tell, honestly...

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@TowaHerschel7
Anyone who's a fellow student of Thor's Military Academy is a friend of mine 😉

1947-6504-9005

Joeynator3000

...Should I try online with this again?...Anyone on? Kinda want to see if this trick CJ mentioned will work or something. Would be nice if I had some low tier monsters as high leveled anomaly quests, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Nanami_Ataraxi
All I know is Event Quests don't disappear. Once you download them you have them forever.

There are some Quests that show up randomly though and cycle after each hunt. But they're not Event Quests I don't think.

Also make sure you check everywhere

• Low Rank Village Quests
  • Low Rank Hub Quests
  • Low Rank Event Quests
  • High Rank Hub Quests
  • High Rank Event Quests
  • Master Rank Hub Quests
  • Master Rank Event Quests
  • Follower Quests
  • Survey Quests
  • Anomoly Quests
  • Anomoly Investigations

You might just be looking in the wrong spot.

Edited on by JaxonH

Nidorom

@JaxonH You are the absolute best human ever.
It was a follower quest and I am a big dum-dum... Thanks!!!
Teaches me to leave it behind for too long >//<

Nidorom

Twitter:

JaxonH

@Nanami_Ataraxi
Awesome! There's so many different categories of Quests now it's hard to keep track of.

JaxonH

Just fought Silver Rathalos.

Yikes.

I didn't cart, but I did end up needing to restock with a farcaster. Dude was tough, just as tough as Gold Rathian, and I love it.

These endgame monsters are super rewarding, and really do give challenge equal to your power with the wirebug. Gosh dang I love this game so much. The mobility is insane.

How am I ever gonna adjust going back to the slower movement in World 2? Sunbreak is legendary. This is a game I'll come back to and play 10 years from now. The endgame is so good now. They definitely addressed the endgame complaints of Rise.

Which, I never had much of an issue with because I knew it was base game, and base game always gets outclassed by Master Rank. So layered armor, layered rampage weapons and charms were about the only viable thing to grind for. But now that true endgame is here, with full layered armor, full layered weapons, qurios crafting and Anomoly Investigations....? Shoot. This game has endless replayability.

CJD87

@TowaHerschel7 I've added you also to get in on the action! (you should have a request from me now, I'm CarlJD87 6657-2171-6029)

I likely won't have the same level of hunting proficiency as @JaxonH , but I still know my way around a Greatsword pretty well

@JaxonH Totall agree about the quality of the endgame content. Personally, I'm pleased with Capcom's strategy to 'drip-feed' the content to players month-by-month..... if we had every we have now from the very beginning, I feel it would have been far too overwhelming.
Also, frequent title updates and additional mechanics give a good reason to keep 'coming back' to the game.... and IMO Sunbreak actually makes a perfect arcade-ish side game to keep on the go constantly.

I was unsure about Quiros crafting at first.... but I think this is all about perspective. I now make the best sets I can from base armor skills and decos, and consider any good Quiros rolls/skills as an 'additional benefit'. Now I'm at peace with not constantly working towards 'Quiros perfection' it is actually a pretty good system!

CJD87

JaxonH

@CJD87
Yes. The Qurios Crafting is so good.

Ppl were complaining about the RNG aspects but that's what gives the game its replayability and long term end game- the possibility you could always get something a bit better. Make everything deterministic and you lose that. It might feel better in the moment, but as soon as you max out the incentive to keep playing plummets. The MH team knew what they were doing. They gave us just enough RNG to keep endgame viable, and just enough deterministic crafting to feel like everything isn't up to chance. They nailed it.

BTW Greatsword is soooooo good in Sunbreak. I've never liked GS, in all my thousands of hours playing, and yet now? I can't get enough. Even despite Switch Axe being so insanely good in this game (and it is good- best its ever been), the Greatsword is even better imo. And it feels weird saying that because I'm a diehard SwitchAxe and Charge Blade main. But man... Greatsword in Rise is on another level entirely.

CJD87

@JaxonH Yes exactly on point with your comments re/ Armor Crafting... I also like how you see much more build-diversity, and it really does open the door for unique playstyles (instead of everyone running the same cookie-cutter 'meta sets')

Haha yes mate! Welcome to the darkside of the GS elite!! Would you be comfortable in saying its your main now? Or at least close??

So many ways to play GS.... surge slash combo even makes it a viable elemental weapon, which is a statement I never thought I'd say.

How are you running GS currently? I'm working a new build right now, which utilises dereliction with resentment.... the constant health drain from dereliction means that resentment is constantly proc'd, and the damage is insane. Switch-skill wise, I've paired this setup with RageSlash/ACS/PowerSheathe and its working well:

AttackBoost 7

Critical Eye 7

Resentment 4

Critical Boost 3

WEX 3

Focus 3

Divine Blessing 3 (thanks to Quiros..)

Windproof 3

Stun Resist 3

Recovery Speed 1

Flinch Free 1

Wirebug Whisperer 1

Dereliction 1

Spiritbird Call 1

Burst 1

Taking talons/charms into account, Attack is 399 and Def is 755. Affinity is at a nice 40%.

I've now swapped to the Kamura Cleaver (makes sense now we can finally layer and using Kaiser Crown X / Archfiend Chest / Malzeno Braces / Rathalos Coil X / Archfiend Legs

Upgrading my armors in TU2 has helped negate the requirement for defense/defiance, and I feel that at this high level of play that divine blessing is far more beneficial (irrespective of the low % proc)

Alongside Divine Blessing, I'm using Dango pretty defensively with survivability in mind:

Super Recovery Dango lv4 @ 80% chance

Dango Defender (Hi) Lv3 @ 100% chance

Dango Defender Lv1 @ 100% chance

Has TU2 changed much for your build?

CJD87

JaxonH

@CJD87
It's definitely my main for Sunbreak. But I always learn a new weapon for each new MH (hence why I switched to Greatsword when Sunbreak released). So I'll be switching again whenever MH6 rolls around.

I typically don't go for "meta" or attack in my builds. I'm much more of a comfort build kinda player.

I have a mixed set that has

• Earplugs 4
  • Razor Sharp 3
  • Focus 3
  • Quick Sheath 3
  • Recovery Speed 3
  • Stun Resistance 3
  • Good Luck 3
  • Wirebug Whisperer 3
  • Evade Window 3
  • Evade Distance 2
  • Handicraft 2
  • Maximum Might 2
  • Ammo Up 2 (useless)
  • Spare Shot 1 (useless)
  • Weakness Exploit 1
  • Spiritbird's Call 1
  • Charge Master 1

I swap out 2 points in Evasion for a Wide Range 4 deco when hunting online. Attack is 345, Defense 728 (pre-meal). I love this set so much. Not shabby on Defense or Attack, but soooo many skills I can't do without.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic