Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 4,461 to 4,480 of 4,487

JaxonH

@CJD87
Ya, you can change difficulty freely at any point.

I may put Splatoon 3 into backlog so I can get back into Sunbreak before Nier Automata, Mario Rabbids, Persona 5 Royal, Bayonetta 3, Harvestella, Pokémon and Dragon Quest Treasures release. After all, Splatoon 3 will be going strong for years, and it'll give some time for the S rank players to filter to the top so I don't get wrecked.

Mario Rabbids can go into backlog until I finish the first and DLC, and Harvestella, as good as it looks, can probably go into backlog until January. Same for Pokémon and DQ Treasures. The ones I fully intend to play day one are Nier Automata, Persona 5 Royal and Bayonetta 3. Even then, Idk how I'm gonna manage all 3 of those games in one month. Nier I can probably beat in 2 weeks before Persona, but once P5R drops, there's no way to beat it in a week before Bayo3. Meaning it'll temporarily go into backlog while I play Bayo3, then in November I can get back to Persona 5 Royal, and hopefully beat it by Christmas. Then I can start chopping away at all those backlogged games.

So ya, I fully intend to hop back into Sunbreak as soon as XC3 is done. I just hit Chapter 5, and there's only 7 chapters, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It's crazy.

I never thought I'd see the day I got pulled away from a brand new Ultimate version of a AAA Monster Hunter on Switch, but the release schedule has been unprecedented.

It's unfortunate, but also a good problem to have. I love feeling like I'm drowning in top-shelf games I can't keep up with.

But make no mistake, I will be returning to Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak. There's just sooooo much content waiting to be dug into.

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Yeah. Ultimately, given it will be my primary MH game until the next Nintendo hybrid entry releases, I'm not in a gigantic rush to return to it right away. Especially since content drops through next year ensure that people will continue to return to the game. for a while yet.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

CJD87

@Ralizah @JaxonH Too many games to play right now, and not nearly enough time eh

Be good when you guys jump back into Sunbreak, let's try to get a team hunt together!
Enjoy the last stages of XC3!

CJD87

Grumblevolcano

Capcom has already announced update 2 for late September with 2 teaser silhouettes:

Sunbreak is also a part of Capcom's TGS plans.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Ya, they showed that a while back. Looks like a Mizutsune and Espinas subspecies.

If the title update is 6 weeks out (same as title update 1 being 6 weeks after launch) then it should drop around Sept 23rd.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Joeynator3000

People on Twitter keep saying it's a Mizu rare, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

So Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos can appear in normal Quests?

I saw a quest card investigation for Afflicted Astalos, Gold Rathian and Apex Rathian in the Jungle.

Hype if true

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Joeynator3000

Yeah they can appear on normal maps...no Lucent though. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CJD87

This is good news, and I assume it means they can show up in Anomaly investigations? I'm currently wanting to craft a fair few 'Cornerstone Jewels' (nice 1-slot deco, gives Defiance skill) which require Rath Gleam. (Can be obtained from GoldR and SilverR)

I'm wanting to plough as much time into anomaly quests as possible, so might continue to do so in the hope that Gold R or Silver R pop up.... and I can utilise those quests to get my Rath Gleam materials

CJD87

JaxonH

Also learned the mantles you can buy with Anomoly Coins, you have to get the mantle drop at least once to unlock it in the shop. But after that you can buy it whenever you need with Anomoly Coins.

Which is good, I think. Still requires the player to earn it, but if additional mantles are needed (which can be a bit much if 2 or even 3 are required for weapon and armor set) you can shortcut the additional required mantles.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

CJD87

I found this site recently, which is an amazing accompaniment to set-building in Sunbreak: -
https://mhrise.wiki-db.com/sim/?hl=en

Essentially you input your wishlist of desired skills (inc. their levels) and then you also input the details of your best available charm.
The site then tells you if a viable build exists, based on the available armors and decos etc

Its been a massive help for me, as was constantly having to switch between maxing AttackBoost vs CritBoost..... but now (finally!) thanks to this tool I have an armor set that works.

It actually includes a couple of new armor pieces I hadn't used previously. So as well as hitting my 'wishlist' of base skills, I can now augment those 2 x new pieces to hopefully roll a few desirable/comfy extras.

Skills currently looking like:
DefBoost 7
AtkBoost 7
CritEye 7
CritBoost 3
WEX 3
Focus 3
Windproof 3
Stun Resist 3
Partbreaker 3
Muck Resist 2
PoisonAttack 1
FlinchFree 1
Defiance 1
SpiritBird Call 1 (awesome btw!)
Chain Crit 1

Using pieces:
Luna Narga GS
Lunagaron Helm
Barroth Mail X
Golden Lunebraces
Rathalos Coil X
Ingot Greaves X
Charm which is 3xCritEye with 1-1-0

Still need to start augmenting the Mail and Lunebraces, hopefully this could get quite tasty!

edit: for anyone interested, I now have attack @ 409, defense @ 777, and affinity @ 45%
I have augmented my GS so that it has a combo of the attack upgrade (+5 attack) and affinity upgrade (+5% affinity)

Edited on by CJD87

CJD87

JaxonH

@CJD87
Oh ya, back in the day we used to use Athena's ASS to set build in MH3U.

Nowadays I just set build myself in-game, strategically selecting the right mix of armor pieces to maximize the skills I want with as many slots as possible. Got a nice mixed set right now but with all the new content, when I get back to the game I'll eventually be making a new endgame set.

Back in MH4U I had defense up to 906 (that was with armor charm and armor talon, and honed weapon giving +50 def)

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

CJD87

@JaxonH Ah yeh for sure it was/is a great tool… my set was so close to completion, and this tool just helped me find/filter the perfect piece of wrist Armor (with the right skill distribution) so I could shift my decos around and make it all work!

Be good to see you back on Sunbreak, albeit I’ve just ordered XC3 … so I expect that game to kidnap my game in the very near future, can’t wait

CJD87

JaxonH

@CJD87
I'm in Chapter 6 and just knocked out nearly 10 sidequests that had built up. So now I can focus back on the main story.

I imagine I'll be finishing the game within the next week or two.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

Sunbreak is killing it. Well on its way to 50% attach ratio, which is about what World saw.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Pizzamorg

A really fascinating watch. I remember moaning in here about how hard Sunbreak was, for others to not be hitting the same walls on Switch. Similarly, I remember finding Rise a very manageable challenge on Switch, but found it significantly harder on PC. For whatever reason my rhythms and timings were always off despite learned muscle memory from Switch, I was always getting hit more often.

I did wonder if the increased resolution or higher framerate on the PC caused issues because the game was always designed for the Switch first, and this provides evidence that that is exactly the case.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Cult of the Lamb. Animal Crossing New Horizons.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak.

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Oh snap!

We'd pretty much narrowed it down to an Espinas variant and Mizu variant, but most assumed it was the brown from Frontier. This is completely new! Or if it's not, I certainly haven't heard of it before.

Espinas already hit like a truck. This dude is gonna be raw.

Perfect timing too. Progressing well into the final chapter of Xenoblade 3 and should be finished within a week. Late September is only like 4 weeks away. By the time I even scratch the surface of the last title update and the content I left unfinished from the base expansion, Title Update 2 will be upon us.

This is the best title update release schedule they've ever done. Each one has like 4 monsters and tons of extras, is mega hype, and they keep em rolling in rapid fire succession.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic