Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 4,461 to 4,480 of 4,706

JaxonH

@Ralizah
No freaking way.

I got THREE mantles in that triple hunt!

Two Malzenos and one Gore Magala. Wow.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Awesome session. Sorry to dip out on ya, but responsibilities call.

That Afflicted Magnamalo was rough! Also mildly salty that I missed a tail carve, but, like, three nanoseconds.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
No worries, I was gonna call it a night anyways.

I also missed that tail carve by a nanosecond. Ah well. We did good.

Btw, any idea how to unlock Amber Essence+ because I need 2 more to enable Augmentation on final 2 armor pieces.

Also, when do we unlock Risen Chameleos? I know Furious Rajang is MR50 which I'm close to, and Scorned Magnamalo is at MR100, but no idea on Risen Chameleos.

Oh BTW, that Violet Mizutsune was SICK. Oh my gosh, that might be the best monster I've fought... like, ever.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CJD87

@JaxonH Gutted to have missed the MP hunt, but sounds like you guys did well!

As far as I remember, Amber Essence+ unlocks and drops around A3/A4 level investigations. When I was completing hunts with Monsters around lv40-50ish, I recall getting quite a lot of this. So basically just keep smashing out the higher level anomaly monsters, and you should be swimming in it shortly!

Risen Chameleos is an unlock at MR110 I believe.

RE. Violet Mizu.... by far my favorite fight of the TU2 roster, so decent!

• BTW, in regards to Violet Mizu.... don't sleep on the Greatsword variant you can farm from this Monster!
    The Violet Mizu GS is perhaps the only viable competition for the Kamura GS. Violet Mizu has 320 Raw, some fire/element damage (~20-30ish?) and also 3 x 2-slot decos. VM sword also has a really decent amount of Purple sharpness. Downside is that the ramapage deco is only lv1, but you can use qurios crafting to upgrade to lv2 and then utilise the 'anti-species' decos
  • You mentioned you value utility/comfort over DPS, so this could be a good shout for you to squeeze in another skill

Honestly the VM Greatsword has been a gamechanger for my build. I'd rather have 2-2-2 slots and a slightly lower raw, vs the Kamura Sword with higher Raw and 4-2-0.

I don't like the look of VM sword so much, but that's what layered weapons are for

Edited on by CJD87

CJD87

Ralizah

@CJD87 @JaxonH It's weird to me that the new Chameleos variant has such a high MR requirement. It was driving me nuts earlier wondering why I didn't have access to him.

I've been pretty happy with all of the title updates mons so far. Lucent Nargacuga is probably my favorite, and feels like he fits best with the horror theme of the expansion.

The Kamura weapons are pretty ridiculous. Same with the Switch-Axe in that line, which I'm using, and don't really plan on moving away from.

JaxonH

@CJD87
You just said my thoughts exactly.

I had already peeped the Violetsune GS, and noted the 320 raw with x3 2-slots, everything you just said. And I also currently use the Kamura GS. And I also noted the Rampage slot and had the exact same idea, to use Augmentation. I just need a 2-slot for Spiribird skill. And yes, layered armor for the weapon is perfect.

@Ralizah
Lucent had always been one of my faves, as he was the final monster I fought in my first MH game. But he's soooo much better in Sunbreak. That invisible move with the tail slam is killer.

Flaming Espinas was also a very high quality hunt. All of em, really. Gold Ian, Silver Los... they're all great.

CJD87

@Ralizah Agreed... maybe Capcom is just pushing to incentivise some 'grind' from players in gatekeeping Risen Cham? Any how, IMO it is not as good a scrap as Violet Mizu!

CJD87

Ralizah

Just completed the MR70 urgent. That was nuts! I literally mounted monsters ten times in that fight.

Probably going to put this on the back burner until mid November, when I'll do enough grinding to get up to MR110, fight the Risen Chameleos, and clear the way for whatever new monsters are coming in the next title update.

CJD87

@Ralizah MR70 is Valstrax right? Absolutely savage fight, it is still the monster that wrecks me the most.... It can really cover some serious distance with the ranged attacks! Well played

CJD87

Ralizah

@CJD87 Yep. It caught me unawares once, but with all the mounted damage I was doing, I can't really say the fight was too difficult.

Poor Valstrax literally couldn't escape to an area where other monsters weren't getting in its face.

JaxonH

Next week we're getting info on Title Update 3. Which I expect around Thanksgiving, maybe a week after.

Ralizah

So much for putting this on the back burner. I'm already up to MR85.

JaxonH

Gore Magala creator's model came in the mail today.

Just one more left I'm waiting on- Malzeno. Then I'm done. Already got Rathian, Rathalos, Gore Magala, Valstrax, Zinogre, Tigrex, Glavenus, Nergigante, Palamute and Fatalis. No idea how I let it get this far. Guess being a MH diehard and hundreds of awesome monsters, many getting amazing statues, it was hard to resist

Untitled

Grumblevolcano

The next Digital Event confirmed for November 16th:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

It just keeps coming lol

JaxonH

Dope!

• Risen Kushala Daora
  • Risen Teostra
  • Chaotic Gore Magala
  • Followers on all Quests now!!!!
  • Amazing new DLC weapons!!!
  • More event Quests with layered armor rewards

Snatcher

I had a quick question for mh world. For switch axes damage matters more then sharpness right?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@Snatcher
For both World and Rise (and every other MH game) both sharpness and damage matter.

Green sharpness is 1.05x damage value. Blue sharpness is like 1.20x damage value. White is 1.32x damage value, and purple is 1.40x damage value. Those values can change slightly by game but that's a pretty good estimate I think.

So you can't really compare without getting out a calculator and seeing what the total damage of one weapon with certain sharpness is vs another.

World specifically used bloated damage values for weapons though rather than rate values, which makes comparing damage between different weapon types a massive pain. Whereas in Rise, because everything is in rate damage form, you can make comparisons between different weapon types.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Well I wanted to practice with a switch axe, but I would like a pretty general switch axe, like my tigrex cb. Not the golden rathian stuff or nerg as I don’t have them in guiding lands yet.

So for all the end game iceborn stuff, which switch axe will get the job done?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@Snatcher
It's been too long since I played World. I can't remember. I also wasn't using Switch Axe in World. I was using Charge Blade.

Just look at the weapon tree and find one with good sharpness and raw, maybe some Elder Seal. Doesn't have to be the absolute best. Just good enough to get the job done.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic