Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 4,706

Mansa

@Joeynator3000 I kind of disagree there. The first game in the series is dubbed unplayable by some people with dos making some improvements that made the game more approachable. I personally think the series started to get easier from 4 and on.

Rise and World in particular started gutting difficult aspects of the game completely with the addition of camps and the ability to restock on items mid hunt. And that right there, @chipia , is where Dark Souls stomps Monster Hunter in challenging the player, for in DS, you have limited resources and harsh aftermaths from making the wrong decisions. Meanwhile, almost every weapon in Monster Hunter now has some sort of counter, insta evade, or super armor to make any average joe able to almost completely disregard positioning in a monster hunter battle.

That being said though, the game is not a walk in a park and I think you will get more out of it if you go at it solo. So in your case, single player is not only good, but recommended.

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

chipia

@Joeynator3000 @MisterMan @JaxonH @Mansa Thank you all for your informative answers! I didn't know there was going to be an Ultimate Edition. I think I should get this game but I will probably wait for the Ultimate Edition to get the best experience and most challenge.

chipia

JaxonH

@chipia
Yup. All MH games get an ultimate edition.

But it's gonna be about 2 years away. Us MH fans can't wait that long.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@chipia
Oh. I should point out…

The ultimate version is just a DLC a expansion nowadays. So one way or another, you’ll have to play the base game before diving into the Master Rank expansion. It’s not a separate grind, it’s a continuation of the game after you finish low rank and high rank. So if you do get the ultimate version, you’re going to spend the first hundred hours playing the base game, and then when you’re done with it and all of its content, you’ll unlock master rank.

So there’s not much to gain by waiting for the Ultimate version. They might drop a new physical release that has a code for the expansion included, so I suppose it might save 20-30 bucks. But again, at the cost of waiting 2 years. There really isn’t much advantage to be found other than that.

Back in the day they’d release it as a separate game, so it made more sense if you didn’t want to buy it twice. But ya, those days are over.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Neoguardian86

I’m sorry if someone has already asked this. Is this a good game as a starting point into the Monster Hunter series, or is better to go with World or Stories?

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: live A Live
Playstation 5: Assassins Creed Origins
Xbox Series X:
iOS: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster
3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86
Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

Snatcher

@Neoguardian86 Stories is good if you just care about the monsters but its it whole other thing.

And yes This game is perfect for newcomers to the series, world is to but I would go with rise.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MisterMan

@Neoguardian86 I would probably start with World (on anything but base PS4 or base Xbox) if you want to get a lot of playtime out of the game and it's a good intro to the series. Until they release the expansion for Rise, World just has a lot more content.

World would also be harder to back to after playing Rise so I would play it first. I think the gameplay is better in Rise, but both are really good and you'll have a great time with either. Stories is a completely different kind of game. It's more akin to a Pokemon game.

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

JaxonH

New Event Quest for the Tsukino palico layered armor. Gotta run the quest twice to get enough mats for the outfit.

I love it though. Gets me in the MH Stories 2 mood. The quest also plays music from Stories 2, which is a nice touch.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Oh its out today, Gotta get back on LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

Soooo are palamutes a thing for the rest of the series or they just not going to come back, Bc I love them.

Snatcher

I can't wait anymore! I need to play the Stories 2 demo, (I don't think i'm buying it day one maybe a month? or two) But my god I need to see how it plays, I didn't watch the E3 game play as to not get spoiled, I can't wait!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher I honestly can't wait to dive into the demo either. The game looks fantastic honestly, and now that I'm better versed in the mechanics of the series, I could probably enjoy it more than I did when I played the original. It kind of surprises me though, how the demo itself is already done, but yet they're waiting to release it on Friday.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight They have to build up the hype, I mean its working right? And I agree with you, first time playing I didn't really get how the mechanics worked, but i'm ready this time.

VoidofLight

@DomGC Maybe. It was weird how that cutscene had intense frame drops.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Ocaz

@Snatcher typically when a new mechanic is introduced in Monster Hunter it remains forever or takes on a new look but has the same function. The hook from world became wirebugs for example. Practically the same thing but more functionality. And IMO the best video game grappling hook to date.

Ocaz

Snatcher

@Ocaz Prowlers never came back. ): But Ya I know what you mean, I have been wanting dogs in MH since world LOL.

Mansa

The buddy handler mentions his parents going around the world to show other cultures how to train palamutes. I think there are definitely in for the rest of the series. Just to add to the post above, under water combat never came back either.

I would love a Monster Hunter game featuring the felynes and their little adventures. It could be like stories and be a different genre, like a turn base or tactical rpg, and focus on expanding the MH lore.

Mansa

Mansa

I've seen a video by Jakob3000, "How Monster Hunter Forget Its Genre". It's a very interesting standpoint to have.

Long summery incoming. TL;DR : Monster Hunter was not meant to be solely an action game, but a slow survival action game, where each choice counted.

Basically in his opinion, the portable series have sort of taken over the gameplay decisions for the rest of the series, adding farms and removing seasons and day changes and other things that changes the map, what you need to navigate through it, and how difficult it be to prepare for a hunt, which used to be the focus of the Monster Hunter. For example, in the winter time, you could not gather herbs, for they do not grow, so you had to get them during the other seasons.

Here's my opinion on the matter now that it has been bought to my attention. That style of focused preparation and risk really sounds interesting to me, ngl; a survival action game, where the environment and small monsters are just as hostile to you as the boss fight instead of just a glorified boss rush. If Monster Hunter kept to that gameplay style and somehow had gotten popular off of that, I wonder what gameplay improvements would have been made for the current time. It's a bit of a shame that Monster Hunter have sort of gotten popular for the wrong reason, for now, it's definitely a fast paced action game that too many people have entered the series for, because now, it is very unlikely that Capcom will go back to that style of design philosophy and the majority of the fan base would not want it to.

Oh well, hopefully there's another game like that made in the future.

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Snatcher

@Mansa Thats the thing, it might have never took off the way it did with its old way of play, it just turned to many people off, Me I would have stuck with it, But you still hear alot of people thinking Rise is to hard, And its fine if he feels that way, you said his opinion, But in my opinion, They saw a new type of play style that got them alot of money, and wile its true that world changed alot of stuff, I fell like the main focus is still there.

To prep and hunt Monsters, and yes they got rid of a lot! And I mean a lot, a lot, and you needed to prepare alot, And things like that turned a lot of players off from the game, and who knows, if the series did stay the same we might of not have ever gotten The games over to the west, I mean I'm pretty sure the main reason they didn't bring GU on the 3ds was bc they thought it would have been to hard for west gamers, (Or was that Mario 2?) I have not really played the game old style, just the demo's, and I can see were he is coming from, but at the same time I don't think Capcom would have bringing'd all of its games over to the west as much. (And I know they have been porting them over to the wii u and such for a long time)

In short, I don't think were ever going old MH back. GU was meant to be a celebration of old monster hunter, and its probably the last time were getting any of it, And maybe just maybe, think of this, maybe they might go back, after they made some of the more beginner friendly ones, they might make the games harder for there new audience, or make a old style for there anniversary or somthin, But that's highly unlikely, I mean MH rise is just flying off the shelf's there's no way there not sticking to this format.

And I still think monster hunter try'd make up for the loss of features they had. I could go on and on about some of the needed QOL changes but I think ill stop here.

Edit: I did read your post but I thought you said He said "If there series got popular off of that." not you think, My bad, But I still think I make some good point in this post, And I don't think MH got popular for the wrong reason, If you look in how world was made, that was the kind of game they wanted to make.

Edited on by Snatcher

Snatcher

@DomGC Damn really? well Ill take your word for it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic