Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 4,706

Mansa

@Snatcher I agree with everything you said. Old Monster is definitely going away rather or not we like it. Although when I said that MH got popular for the wrong reasons, I mainly meant that the original survival aspects of the game has been somewhat eliminated, but thinking back, I notice that those features are not gone, they just play a minor part of the gameplay, like stealth, which was first improved upon in World. I think Monster Hunter was intended to be more than just "stab that creature until it dies" when the first game of the series came out, but now it is exactly that.

We'll see when the next console game comes out. I'm mad interested in seeing what it will be.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Snatcher

@Mansa I agree.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

I kind of wish they'd make a spin-off to monster hunter that's more of an open-world survival game, where the village is the base, and the monsters freely roam around and terrorize others. Maybe bring back things like underwater combat.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Mansa

It'd have to be in a different animation and graphics style like stories, one that don't take up too much time and resources to flesh out. I don't think they would put too much effort in a spin off title.

Mansa

VoidofLight

@Mansa I mean, Stories 2, while having a simpler style, looks like it has an immense amount of effort put into it.

Mansa

I mean the graphics specifically. The cartoon-like art style seem to make it so the devs can get away with not making the look of the game world overly realistic and still have the end product looking mighty fine.

Mansa

Magician

Magician wrote:

MHGU sold what... 3.1+ million copies?

With the popularity of MHW, combined with the Switch's install size of 80 million (rough guess) at the time of launch in March, I assume MHR will sell 5 million copies in the first few months of release no sweat. Although I feel that's selling it short.

JaxonH

Jax, what are your thoughts on MHR's sales potential?

JaxonH wrote:

7 million baseline, 9 million ceiling.

I think Japan will see 4 million sold, as opposed to the traditional 3 million of 3DS entries. And I think the west will see 3-5 million sold as opposed to the 1 million of Generations Ultimate.

For now, 7 million is my estimate, but it really just depends on how many World players buy in.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/monster_h...

@JaxonH

Well played, sir. Well played...
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

Stories 2 demo goes live tomorrow. It's already live in a few countries apparently.

JaxonH

@Magician
Should've bought a lottery ticket 😉

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mansa

The only thing I can think of is if you are tripping people. But if one or two people don't like you back in the hunt, don't take it personally. It's highly likely that they didn't like anyone in that hunt and you are not excluded. The only time I specifically don't like someone is if they're afk, but other than that, I'm pretty generous with my likes. Heck, even triple carts is forgivable to me.

Are the Japanese players communicating in the chat often? It could be that they are formulating a plan that you are not able to follow because language barriers and they could probably not like that. Or maybe Japanese players just don't like English speakers period. That could be a possibility.

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Snatcher

@Northwind I just think they forget, or what @Mansa said, It could be a number of factors, I will ether Give a like depending on how they preformed, Tripping I can forgive, Triple carting eeeeee probably, Afk no, Not doing **** Mooching no, no and no.

If you want are you if have done the quest already i'm up for some hunts.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Mansa

It can be set up to automatically send to other hunters whenever you join a game or lobby. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with the like feature by default. Receiving likes gives you item rewards and takes a second to give. So I see no harm in liking other people.

Mansa

Snatcher

@Northwind JP give me likes tho? But There are alot of matches when they don't now that I think about it.

Danondorf

@Northwind Haven't done the new Almudron event quest yet, but the pants sound interesting. Are there any lv 2 slots on those? It's been hard for me to replace the Rajang pants with anything in my endgame sets... 2 points in critical boost is just too good XD

Edited on by Danondorf

Danondorf

Snatcher

@Northwind I use it as layerd armor, I'm kinda a fashion hunter, But I use states with my real armor and then I can use the layerd armor which BTW I think is much better handled then world.

Ocaz

@Snatcher I wish there were layered weapons. I'd like to use something over my chameleos longsword.

Ocaz

Snatcher

@Ocaz Me to TBH.

Ocaz

@Northwind well not particularly. The rampage weapons aren't that good. Takes a few compromises to make them be usable and it takes a lot to get one max rank

Ocaz

Ocaz

@Northwind I was already using min maxed end game gear by the time I started doing rampages for the stuff to make those weapons. With all my effects active on my current set in my solo runs I near 500 attack power with everything I can activate on my own. I went for the rampage gear and saw it suck down a ton of time to get and thought it was cool that it was heavily customizable. It annoyed me when it cut my stats down about 25%

Ocaz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic