Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 4,706

Snatcher

So uh I would like to know when they are multi monster's in a hunt does there HP go down? Bc always hit 10 minutes, I beat the hunt but always hit 10? (BTW I solo it so)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TeeJay

I believe that while monsters are scaled for solo play in the Hub, they still have 1.25 times the HP.

It's slightly more HP than village quests but it really shouldn't feel THAT bad. I've done a ton of Hub quests solo in Rise where I wouldn't dream of doing so in previous games.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NEStalgia

@JaxonH This wasn't "solo hub", it was "2 player hub, but fighting a monster alone while player 2 practiced a weapon elsewhere" - that could be a a difference for the scaling, meaning that might trigger 4 player scaling when in expeditions maybe?

I've of course, never been good enough to take down 5 HR's in an hour, but relative to what I can do it seemed excessive.

You might be right, but it was an extremely sharp difference to me going from the expedition to the 1 star, with the same second player (also not fighting the monster) - same monster. It may be my imagination, but it was pretty darned stark - the HP really felt like it was scaled for 4. So was monster behavior. It almost never got fatigued, never staggered/collapsed, it was just an unrelenting damage sponge. I never carted against Izu (Rath is another matter) I just had to chase him down forever and ever until it wasn't fun. I really thought 2p was going to suck until I switched us to 1star and was like "wow, that was fast..." It was a fraction of the time, still going at it alone, still in a 2 player lobby.

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
MH Rise scales to the specific number of players. If 2 players were in tbe Hub, then it scales to 2 players.

But ya, hunting in the Hub even solo is going to take longer than Village quest equivalents, but hunting in the Hub scaled for two players while you hunt solo? Is it any surprise it took you so long? 2P practically doubles the HP to account for twice the damage. So a 15 minute hunt now becomes a 30 minute hunt if P2 isn't helping.

Unless you jumped into a High Rank Expedition and didn't know it. But I doubt you have access to those yet.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Yes,

In multi monster Quests, monsters have drastically lower HP than in solo hunts.

Except for Expeditions, obviously.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH ok Thanks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Haha, yeah, hunting solo in a lobby that should be scaled for 2 players. BUT, like I said, the same monster in the 1-star quests for the same monster, in the same 2 player scaled lobby went down in like 1/4 the time. Didn't even feel like a slog, just a bit slower than normal - in a 2p scaled lobby. So why did expedition seem to have FAR more hitpoints in 2p lobby than 1star did in the 2p lobby? It "felt" scaled for 4p. Maybe it was. Or maybe like you said it was somehow HR....but it shouldn't be, I haven't unlocked that through even village (only up to 5-star in village, I haven't been playing super often)

Super weird. If you get a chance to try it, I'd be curious what you see. Join a 2p lobby, do an expedition, try to solo monsters and see how slow they go down relative to normal. It's just weird. It was so absolutely bad, I was ready to give up on the very idea of 2 player Rise just after starting it. It was just awful. And then the proper "star" quests proved it's not horrible at all. But, man, expedition was just horrible. I went from thinking "hey I'm finally getting decent at MH" to "OMG I can't play this game at all!!" Redeemed, thankfully, but doing star quests and realizing I can solo in 2p lobbies just fine after all, so I don't suck as bad as it seemed. But I really want to figure out what the heck was with those expeditions!

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Well, I'm not sure why you'd judge the game based on 2P Hub Quests solo anyways. If you're hunting solo, do 1P Hub Quests, or hunt with someone who will actually help you if you do 2P.

There's also a ton of variables such as, did someone eat for Felyne Weakener which lowers a monster's HP? Was the monster weak to an element you were using but the other not? Was one monster a gold crown large size that's larger with more HP and the other was a gold crown small size that's smaller with less HP? Etc.

Just play the game normally and you'll be fine.

TeeJay

Yeah I'm not sure why you'd do a two player hunt solo and then wonder why it took so long.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

So, been playing World on the TV with Rise on Switch in handheld mode in my lap, going back and forth, and ya... movement speed in Rise is straight up Street Fighter II Turbo Mode compared to World. I can walk with my Switch Axe drawn in Rise as fast as I can run with my weapon sheathed in World. It’s that big of a difference. Not in Sword Mode, obviously. That’s super slow. But in Axe Mode? Ya. And running with weapon sheathed in Rise? Dear goodness, it feels like I’m playing a 2X speed mod of World. I never noticed until now, going back, and comparing in hindsight. That’s a major reason of what’s making it feel more clunky.

That and certain move sets and attacks missing. For Switch Axe in Sword Mode, if you use the A button to do the triple sword slash, which can either be followed up with A for the jumping double slash that charges the gage more, or ZR which morphs back into axe mode, the ZR in Rise would do a double swing with the axe as you morph. But in World, it’s a single swing. Just little things like that I’m trying to adapt to. Aside from the obvious thins such as no Invincible Gambit, which is a pretty major adjustment.

I do like it though. This may sound like I’m kind of bashing World, but I’m most definitely not. It does feel slow by comparison but that is a deliberate feel and it makes the game feel a bit more old school, which I like. Obviously I like how Rise does it and I hope they continue with the movement speed of the most recent entry going forward, but it does feel kind of nostalgic coming back to the slower paced entries of years past. It feels like World may be the last MH game with that slower, more methodical feel.

@TeeJay
Not sure if you’re down to do every Optional and Assigned and Event quest in the game, but if you are, drop on in. Not even sure I have you on my Steam friend list. It’s ActionJaxonH if you want to add me. I’ve got a friends only session open now.

TeeJay

@JaxonH Unfortunately I have to work soon.

Late evening doesn't tend to be a good time for me to play games, except for Sundays. I'll add you later though.

TeeJay

Booted up Generations Ultimate and did a solo quest for double Zamtrios. A few things I noticed off the bat on coming back after playing Rise and World for so long:

• Got dumped in the middle of the area with no map, and no free items. I'd totally forgotten that was a thing!
  • Had to drink a hot drink. Can't say I missed them but it feels strangely nostalgic to have to do so again.
  • Paintballs! Totally forgot those were a thing too.
  • Both Zamtrios appeared in the same area and, it's really funny how decidedly NOT a good thing that is in this game. No tactical advantage whatsoever. Just chaos. Good thing I had dung bombs on all my registered item sets. Good going, past me.

Also, something that immediately struck me before even starting a quest was that I STILL have unfinished village quests. In Rise I've been trying to milk every last drop of content I could and still feeling like there could have been more and yet here, there's SO much content that I apparently couldn't be bothered finishing them all. That's the difference between Ultimate versions and base content I guess.

Also can I just say how much I miss the way the S&S used to be? With the chaos oil and all that. What an amazing weapon.

Edited on by TeeJay

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Pretty much spot on.

I fired up MHGU recently also and Hunted a Silver Rathalos. Paintballs? Almost forgot what those were like. Had to paintball every time the monster went to a new area so I didn't lose him. Had to use the blimp once and a psychoserum. And it dumped me in the middle of the map with no supplies. Had to use farcaster to grab the map from base camp. Then I remember seeing supply drops you can order! Completely forgot about those. And the Valstrax comet thingies all over the ground you harvest. Burned husks or something? Can't remember what they're for.

And ya, there's sooooo many Quests I haven't done. Back then, Quests were more tedious and a lot more gathering and small monster Quests, and just alot more Quests in general. I think the difference in Rise is, the moment to moment gameplay is so good, I want to do every quest. And didn't stop playing until I did. And ironically, I got 450 hrs in Rise when I only got 400 in MHGU (was spread across MHXX Switch, MHXX on 3DS with translation patch and MHGU on Switch on 3 different systems). The only MH I ever did every quest for before Rise was my first MH game, which was MH3U with a massive 600 hr save file.

I want to go back and do all those MHGU Quests, but I also want to do that for World.

Edited on by JaxonH

Snatcher

@JaxonH Man I really wish I had got the game when it was on sale. it sounds like you have just way to much to do, Now the odds of it going on sale after MH rise blowing up is low.

Snatcher

@JaxonH MMM man, I know it is but I'm not trying to buy any games After E3 and I have left over money of the E shop, I would like to be on sale digitally but Lord I might not be able to help myself.

Snatcher

I think i'm pretty good at monster hunter, avoiding, attacking, But when it comes to mix sets, and armor sets for weapons, I'm almost a deer in headlights, I think i'm getting better, but when it comes to armor sets what do I prioritize? Defense, Skills? Element Defense? and then when it comes to making armor sets for weapons, I need more slots for a gem, So I need another Armor set, but then this armor sets Defense sucks, But then when it comes to mix sets, what are the mix sets for? are they the same as weapon sets? I just suck at making sets at this game, maybe its bc I never really looked at a tutorial for any of this stuff, but is there even one?

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Whatever you want. That’s the beauty of it. Are you struggling with carting? If so, then maybe defense, sure. But if not, then prioritize something else.

I’m not sure what you mean by “weapon set”. There is no weapon sets I’m aware of. You have one total set:

Weapon
Armor Head
Armor Arms
Armor Torso
Armor Waist
Armor Legs
Talisman

And whatever decorations you can slot into the above. A mixed set it just a different mixture of the above to obtain the best possible skill combination.

For example, look at Almudron’s Armor. It comes with

Rapid Morph 3
Razor Sharp 3
Power Prolonger 2
Evade Window 3

Not bad, right? With a talisman, and decorations in whatever slots you have in your weapon, armor and talisman, you could probably put together a pretty decent set.

But what if you were to mix some of the weaker armor pieces (and I don’t mean weaker with respect to defense, I mean weaker with respect to how many skill points it provides and what slots it provides), maybe it’s possible you could get an even better combination of even more skills.

My mixed set I’m wearing atm is as follows (and I have TONS of different sets because I prioritize different skills depending on which weapon I use- if it’s Switch Axe or Charge Blade I want Rapid Morph, for example, but if it’s any other weapon then Rapid morph is a complete waste, so I swap out for different armor pieces that give me points towards other skills). Anyways, here it is

Weapon (Any Switch Axe)
Almudron Helm S
Almudron Mail S
Almudron Vambraces S
Tigrex Coil S
Damascus Greaves
Absolute Petalace
Fatal Tempest Talisman

And all combined, I have this many slots

Level 3 Slots: 1
Level 2 Slots: 3
Level 1 Slots: 7

And I use these decorations for those slots:

Handicraft Jewel 3
Jumping Jewel 2
Evasion Jewel 2
Razor Jewel 2
Steadfast Jewel 1 (x3)
Grinder Jewel 1 (x3)
Brace Jewel 1

And that mixture gives me these skills:

Earplugs Lv 4
Handicraft Lv 3
Razor Sharp Lv 3
Quick Sheath Lv 3
Evade Window Lv 3
Stun Resistance Lv 3
Speed Sharpening Lv 3
Rapid Morph Lv 3
Power Prolonger Lv 1
Evade Extender Lv 1
Flinch Free Lv 1

And if my weapon has extra slots I gem in whatever else I can.

If I’m using Gunlance though I prioritize Artillery, Razor Sharp and Constitution. If I’m using Dual Blades or Insect Glaive I prioritize Power Prolonger, Constitution and Stamina Surge. If I’m using Long Sword I prioritize focus and Wirebug Whisperer. If I’m using Hunting Horn I prioritize Horn Maestro (and if it’s a horn that has Earplugs L as a song, I don’t gem in earplugs because I can already do that with my song, and instead go for something else).

In general though, these are the skills I favor for any set:

Earplugs (level 3 gems)
Handicraft (level 3 gems)
Razor Sharp (level 2 gems)
Quick Sheath (level 2 gems)
Evade Window (level 2 gems)
Evade Extender (level 2 gems)
Speed Eating (level 2 gems)
Wirebug Whisperer (level 2 gems)
Stun Resistance (level 1 gems)
Speed Sharpening (level 1 gems)

I can never get all of them on one set, so which ones I go for depends on what I’m able to do. Maybe the default armor set already comes with two of those, and two other skills I don’t like. So maybe I swap the armor pieces with skill points in the other skills for armor pieces that have skill points in other skills from this list, accounting for how many slots it has as well because that also factors into whether a certain piece is worth it, and then I strategize which decorations I slide in and I strategize which talismán I use, and there ya go.

At the end of the day you just put together the best set you can that gives you as many skills as possible. As long as you’re not using super low tier monster armor, you probably don’t have to worry about defense. Especially after you upgrade the armor to the max.

Snatcher

@JaxonH OOOH, So would you say skills are more important then defense, Bc I still get hit hard even with my high defense armor, and when I say weapon sets, I mean sets you make for that weapon, like you said you have skill for the CB, bc it works better with that. (Also thanks for the help,)

JaxonH

Armor/Weapon/Talisman Set
Hunting Horn
Utsushi Mask (Hidden) S
Utsushi Chest (Hidden) S
Utsushi Braces (Hidden) S
Nargacuga Coil S
Melahoa Roots S
Absolute Petalace
Fatal Tempest Talisman

Slots
Level 3 Slots: 1
Level 2 Slots: 2
Level 1 Slots: 6

Decorations
Handicraft Jewel 3
Wirebug Jewel 2
Jumping Jewel 2
Steadfast Jewel 1 (x3)
Recovery Jewel 1
Brace Jewel 1
Sonorous Jewel 1

Skills
Evade Window Lv 4
Evade Extender Lv 3
Razor Sharp Lv 3
Spare Shot Lv 3 (useless for HH, but it’s a package deal)
Quick Sheath Lv 3
Recovery Speed Lv 3
Wirebug Whisperer Lv 3
Stun Resistance Lv 3
Handicraft Lv 1
Horn Maestro Lv 1
Recovery Up Lv 1
Flinch Free Lv 1
Agitator Lv 1 (package deal)
Critical Eye (package deal)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic