Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 4,706

Snatcher

@JaxonH Ok, So I think i'm going to go with Sharpness skill, and if I can grind out the almudron gem (LOL no that monster is crap) Then I will go with handy craft, as for the weapon, I think i'm going with the rampage Val weapon, and if handy craft can raise its sharpness then great, If not The Valstrax weapons sound great as the White sharpness is Amazing, I could also Up the affinity to maker even more busted, as for the Stamina, I never really have a issue with it but a skill could go a long way on how long I could use demon mode so I will look into that, Plus the val Weapons go amazing with its own armor set man this is great, thanks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

I got the Valstrax gem so now I can get the full armor set, now all I need is one more for the val DB.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

JaxonH

Yesterday my bro helped me get a Valstrax orb, then TeeJay helped me get my 2nd.

So I've got the Charge Blade and Switch Axe fully upgraded. Skipped his armor and instead opted for layered, since my mixed set has all the skills I want.

Also made Narga and Ibushi armor and fully upgraded. Those sets have crazy skills! Not all are applicable, but even so, both are solid sets for Charge Blade, Switch axe, gunlance, dual blades or insect glaive.

And both have great luck, as long as you don't mix and match between the two. Thunder Alignment 5 and Wind Alignment 5 provide Great Luck.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MisterMan

For GS the Valstrax armor is amazing, especially if you use Rage Slash. I wish the Narwa/Ibushi armor was a little better and don't see much use for it other than the novelty of building a mixed set with it and trying to make it work. You can make much stronger sets with the skills you want with others sets.

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

JaxonH

I don’t think the Narwa/Ibushi sets are meta. Of course you can always build a custom set better fit to your liking. But they’re still really good sets. And have better defense than my mixed set. At least my Narwa set does. 481 vs my current 425.

My Ibushi set has the following:

Wind Alignment 5 (Dragon Res +4 and Great Luck)
Stormsoul 5 (Thunder/Dragon Attack +15)
Focus 3
Power Prolonger 3
Constitution 3
Stamina Surge 3
Guard 3
Guard Up 3
Quick Sheath 3
Slugger 3
Evade Window 3
Evade Extender 3
Flinch Free 3
Rapid Morph 3
Stun Resistance 2

Versus my normal mixed set which has the following:

Earplugs 4
Evade Window 4
Razor Sharp 3
Quick Sheath 3
Stun Resistance 3
Speed Sharpening 3
Rapid Morph 3
Handicraft 2
Evade Extender 2
Power Prolonger 1
Flinch Free 1

I still prefer my mixed set because it focuses on the specific skills I like. Even so, those Ibushi and Narwa sets are probably the best default skills for a full armor set in the game. If you’re somebody who doesn’t like to muck around with mixed sets, they’re a solid choice.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Ah... found the perfect music setup.

Kamura Village: Proof of a Hero
Gathering Hub: Barbarous Beast Magnamalo

Leaving the others set to default, since they fit so well already. And that's not to say the default themes don't all fit well. They really are great as is. But man, these 2 just make the village and gathering hall feel so much more epic. Gets your blood pumping. Makes me wanna go out there and break a horn or two.

Edited on by JaxonH

Snatcher

@JaxonH OH MY GOD, I forgot about proof of a hero, I'm puting that on kamura village, As for what in the Gathering hub, its Zinorger's theme.

Snatcher

Ok So I changed my voice, and bc I don't do the JP voices I went with the English one, Its to early to know if I like it or not tho, And I hope I don't bc I might need to spend 6 bucks to change it, or just go with a Rise character.

But there is one thing I don't understand, Like paying to change your character completely I Understand, I mean the game even allow's you to change your heir and makeup for free, But why not the voice lines?
I mean its a thing you hear a lot in the game so idk why You can't change it for free, I mean they don't even let you see every voice line they have, They show you what like 4 of em, I just don't understand that, but MH will be mh, no hate on them tho, just a little issue I have with it.

(And before you say "Well you had to do the same thing in other MH games, well they weren't talking full ass words.)

Edited on by Snatcher

JaxonH

Just joined a random lobby because nobody was on and I’m just hunting for fun now.

Wow. What a great time! We all knew what we were doing, we all chain mounted and handled business, I chop chop the tail and we broke all the horns in the Dual Diablos quest, we all laid bombs when it went to sleep, nobody tried capping, me and the host both sent our guild cards to each other... it was perfect!

I don’t care what anybody says- this community is still great for hunting with randoms. Granted, a lot of the less experienced players have probably fallen off the wagon at this point, which helps filter the player list. But still.

Also, I was rewarded with this. I’m never this lucky (of course, it’s not like I actually need Beast Gems- if it were Red Serpent Orbs or Allmother Orbs this would never happen). Talk about a great experience...

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Snatcher

Damn, I knew I wasn't doing enough damage to that Tigrex. Ya so I ended up timing out on this three monster hunt, I mean I carted two times due to dumb stuns, and then the dumb Tigrex wouldn't stop moving so trying to land My big attack with my CB sucks, maybe If I use a shock trap to get more hits in?

TeeJay

@JaxonH That's because you joined a lobby instead of responding to an SOS, or sending out an SOS.

I'm willing to bet anyone left using the lobby system is probably either a veteran who knows what they're doing and prefers the old lobby system, or a newbie who doesn't know how the SOS works yet. Lobbies doing late game quests are of course the former.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@JaxonH For me, most of the time rando's are great, But My god did I meet so many piggy backer's on the Valstrax quest, they could take a hit, and they lost all are lives, and all these people i'm telling you about, are the host, News flash, Its a team effort!

JaxonH

Just made a nice Diablos Hunting Horn set with lots of Handicraft to extend blue sharpness to be viable. And also a nice Long Sword build for the Kamura LS gifted to you, and another version for Valstrax without the Handicraft.

Been practicing LS in the training room and I'm really enjoying it. The weapon has changed so much since I mained it in MH3U. And I love it.

It's crazy hard to get the timings down for the counter and the backstep evade slash thingy. People have said it's a brain dead weapon but I disagree. LS proficiency seems to be very user-skill-dependent. This is gonna take some serious practice to master.

@TeeJay
Right. SOS is a crap shoot (a nice convenience, just not my preference). Lobbies are for the traditional experience. But ya, it was great.

@Snatcher
Lol yaaaa, those people suck. They want the benefits of the hunt without putting in effort to achieve it. Best to just leave if it's the host. I don't encounter that kind of stuff often, but there have been a few ppl like that I've ran into in my MH career.

One time a guy came in my G rank lobby in MH4U with high rank armor, 200 defense lower than acceptable without a single activated skill (back then you needed 10 pts to activate). It was a complete mish mash of random skills with a few points in each. My immediate response was to ask, "you sure you're gonna be ok?" He said yup. So I thought ok, screw it. Let's go.

Turns out, dude held his own like a champ. He came close to carting a few times, but he didn't. And I was duly impressed. Like hey, as long as you can hold your own, it's all good.

Snatcher

@JaxonH LOL, My god tho FR people like that suck.

Snatcher

OOO boy, ok So I saw this on a rant post but idk, even if it is ranting I still think it can be wrong so here we go.

This person has a issue, about the ending of mh rise, saying all we get is eating and that it, and the goes on to say "they lock Valstrax my favorite monster, behind HR 100" well first of all, They needed the HR100 bc even with it people still don't know S** to do in the fight, and 2, GOOD LORD yall are spoiled from world, Saying "Iceborn/World was better then this" Oh really, YOU didn't even know xeno'jiiva was a Fu*** baby till iceborne then he is all like "were is the lore" want to know a thing about lore idiot, You got you look for it, and if you want lore on those Monster's, you not going to get any, bc they had no idea they even existed till this game.

MH is not known for its story at all, its about its monsters and they do make crafty lore, But saying I&N (final bosses of MH rise) Has none, kinda makes sense, as Like I said up on the spoiler tag we didn't know [You know who] was a [You know what] Till Iceborne, now I might be wrong about this next part but, there were hints that the monster was such and such, but did anyone catch on, I sure as hell heard nothing, Even tho the boss fight hints at the monster being [ you know what] Its so stupid, yall need to wait for more G rank and if you want some damn lore, Go look around for the scrolls you idiot, they tell you stuff about this world, that actually pretty cool (I have not yet gotten them all yet)

Like I said spoiled spoiled spoiled, MH is never known for there story at all, here you get MH rise with all sorts of stuff packed into its world you you just care about the final boss, sure lets Delay the game til G rank I hope 2 more years is not a long wait for you, or would you get mad at that to?

and again about the HR 100 thing, they do that so they make sure people who are new/ coming back after a long time, Know how to play the game, and even with that lock on, I still find people who are just carting all day, or mooching the rewards.

Rant about Rant over.

Edited on by Snatcher

Ganner

@JaxonH

It's crazy hard to get the timings down for the counter and the backstep evade slash thingy. People have said it's a brain dead weapon but I disagree. LS proficiency seems to be very user-skill-dependent. This is gonna take some serious practice to master.

I totally understand what you're saying. The last weapon I got good with in MHGU was Valor LS. When the weapon "clicks" for you and you master the timing of that counter attack you become a UNSTOPPABLE beast. LOL it was so broken yet so fun to hear that counter sound When I started practicing the LS in Rise I had a real hard time adjusting to the new ways of countering. I quickly learned that its going to take a lot more practice and timing. It started frustrating me so I would come and go with LS and almost gave up on the evade slash thingy especially. I knew I was doing myself a disservice by ignoring all of its capabilities so lately I've been using it more and making a point to keep practicing ALL of its abilities. I gotta say its slowly (keyword: slowly LOL) starting to pay off. Little by little I'm getting the timing right and dishing out some wicked and long combos. I'm nowhere near as I was in MHGU (again that Valor sheathe and most especially counter combo was just too easy to cheese but it was fun!) but I'm getting better. Unfortunately though I have been carting more because you REALLY leave yourself open to death in the face when you miss the timings. Oh well I lost count to how many times I carted in MHGU when learning the Valor LS so I see this as no different.

One time a guy came in my G rank lobby in MH4U with high rank armor, 200 defense lower than acceptable without a single activated skill (back then you needed 10 pts to activate). It was a complete mish mash of random skills with a few points in each. My immediate response was to ask, "you sure you're gonna be ok?" He said yup. So I thought ok, screw it. Let's go. Turns out, dude held his own like a champ. He came close to carting a few times, but he didn't. And I was duly impressed. Like hey, as long as you can hold your own, it's all good.

You have no idea how often that has happened to me since my days in Tri, MH4U, and MHGU. I learned to never judge a book by its cover. Yeah sure there's plenty of "dead man walking" players that join out of their league lobbies and just constantly take all the carts. But what really contributed to me falling in love with the MH series is that unique experience of the ability of becoming your own master at whatever you desire. You play the game as you want and master it as you want. You can follow metas with armor, weapons, attack styles etc. or do things your way. If it works for you and you master it all the better. I've been in countless games with players with off the wall setups and styles of play but end up being the MVP of the quest. Saw a lot of that in EX quests in MHGU. I used to get very upset when any host(s) would boot players they felt their setups of armor, skills, etc. weren't the "right" setup for such a tough quest. There really is no "right" way. Yes there's general guidelines and the like that are wise to follow but in the end its up to each individual hunter.

This fire is burning and it's out of control. It's not a problem you can stop it's Rock and Roll!!!

JaxonH

@Ganner
It’s fun learning a new weapon. Keeps the game fresh.

I need more Serpent Orbs. Gotta upgrade my Valstrax LS. The Valstrax HH sucks though. I just made a Rampage Horn with Earplugs L, Health Recovery and Healing buffs, with more raw and a long blue bar of sharpness just as long as the white sharpness on the real Valstrax HH. But even with blue, it’s total damage is higher. Love that layered weapon feature.

JaxonH

Anyone wanna run some Valstrax and Apex Rampages? Or anything else for that matter.

I just wanna play.

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH Sure. I'm always down to hunt. (>^_^)>

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Snatcher

@JaxonH Maybe, I just been doing my 5 advance quest, and I'm having a hard time soloing The fire lion and Kushala.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic