Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 4,706

TeeJay

I tolerated underwater combat back in the 3U days. I actually remember starting to like it a little once I changed to using the gunlance, probably because I could turtle behind my shield instead of trying to swim-dash away all the time to avoid attacks.

But I'm definitely glad it's gone. The series' focus on vertical and aerial movement feels a lot more natural and fluid.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

urrutiap

Well, I beat the main village story magnamalo quest earlier tonight an hour ago. My thoughts on the game.

SPOIILERS ALERT In case.

Gathering Hub's wind/thunder/fire elders Ibushi and the other elder dragon along with the village twins their story was more interesting than the Village story magnamalo. Rampage stuff is done better if you do it online with other people anyway.

monsters I did like hunting were Khezu and Volvidon. That and the fruit flinging "monkey" monster was a little better than the other weird orange monkey from Monster Hunter 4.

Hope Capcom come up with good stuff for end of April DLC

urrutiap

Mr-Fuggles777

@COVIDberry multiplayer games is one of the biggest weaknesses of the switch, the online infrastructure lacks a lot of the important features required.
I do play Diablo 3 on switch but mostly just with the wife, we can chat as we grind through the dungeons because we are sat next to each other (although it annoyed me having to buy 2 copies of the game).

As for other oneline games, I tend to prefer PvE looters. A newer game I'm currently playing is Outriders (which feels like a perfect blend of Gears, Destiny & DOOM) and have I just restarted Monster Hunter World with a new character on Xbox. I have also just gone back to Destiny 2 after burning out on it, but don't play it anywhere near as much I used to and much more casually now (I joined a raiding group teaching the mechanics to new gamers and was running 15+ raids a week which killed the fun for me, so I stopped playing when Forsaken dropped).

I will also play competitive shooters but prefer ones with Horde modes like Gears of War. Splatoon 2 was fun for a while but just having 3 waves on salmon run meant I got bored of it and the fact you cant take a party online to play turfwar is just stupid - I don't particularly want to play a team based shooter with randoms when I have no way to communicate with them.

Other games I still play online with friends: Code Vein, Halo MCC, Journey to the Savage Planet (until it left gamepass), Borderlands and I have just download Sea of Thieves on a friends recommendation, but havnt started it yet.

Hopefully that gives you an idea of multiplayer tastes, but im open to try anything (especially if it's free on gamepass).

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Next 2 weeks. Total of 3 elder dragons and 2 Apex Monsters is the assumption.

The are the monsters that are coming according to data mining and the Capcom leak, but we can't be sure how they'll be split between the two title updates

Chameleos
Teostra
Kushala Daora
Bazelguese
Crimson Glow Valstrax
Allmother Narwa
Apex Rathalos
Apex Diablos
Apex Zinogre

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH WOOOOO please I have been hoping for valstrax, After playing MHG's demo (Wile Never beating it) I really liked it OMG Its around the world move is annoying as hell but is Amazing to look at.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Jrpglover

Aw man I hope we get valstrax and apex lightning boy as he's my fave

Jrpglover

Mountain_Man

JaxonH wrote:

@alpacatears
It's an issue many have noted, to the extent Gaijin Hunter, the most prominent community advocate who's been making tutorials and MH videos for years, made a video telling people to default to kill unless the host requests cap.

Problem is in World, everyone capped because there was no advantage to killing. And while technically you can get every mat via capture as long as you achieve the break rewards, it's not fulfilling to do every time, and some parts have way better drop rates as carves.

In any case, we're not gonna convince these Worldies to respect the wishes of the host. They do what they want. Best to make a custom sticker that says "Please Kill" and start your own lobby. Share it every hunt. If someone blatently disregards, boot em and block em. Just bear in mind the message won't automatically translate so if you're playing with out of country ppl, they may have just not understood.

I wonder if Capcom would ever consider an update that would allow the quest starter to set a no capture restriction?

The Mountain Man

Snatcher

@Mountain_Man Idk why they didn't add this yet, wouldn't this be cool if the only person who could catch it, be it the host? You could still use traps and stuff but Just couldn't catch it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Ulysses

Ralizah wrote:

Welp, played all day again. I essentially trained myself in the art of the HBG, build a new suit of suitable high-rank armor, and built my way up to a good high-rank HBG. All in service of more easily farming the final boss, because I'm tired of swiping at something that just hovers around in the air.

I'm going for a high-critical build with Piercing rounds.

That's awesome! Together with you and @Northwind and @Fatty_Whale44, we can be a lobby of 4 bowgunners ^_^ It was a special treat in past games to find lobbies with all bowguns!

I would love tips on your Pierce builds now that you're at the end game! Pierce gunning was always my favorite ammo in past games, but right now apparently Youtubers are saying Pierce Up Lv3 isn't quite available until more content drops? Which is why they're focusing on Clust or Spread or RF LBG builds at the moment.

Thankfully they also said that technically, based on motion values alone, Pierce ammo is the most powerful shot (out of the core Normal/Pierce/Spread/Shrapnel ammo) so I still want to make some Pierce builds once I catch up!

Once again I'm feeling pretty behind with everyone here! It's been a busy few days, and I'm still just starting out High Rank. I'm kind of like @JaxonH where now that I'm in HR, my goal is to make full sets for every corresponding HBG eventually, just for having fun with the non-meta quests. But that will take so long that firstly I should just get to the end and make a few meta sets so that I'm ready for the next content drop!

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Mountain_Man

Mr-Fuggles777 wrote:

I do play Diablo 3 on switch but mostly just with the wife, we can chat as we grind through the dungeons because we are sat next to each other (although it annoyed me having to buy 2 copies of the game).

Diablo 3 supports same-system co-op for up to four players. It's even possible to play using a single Joy Con. The only downside is that the player interface takes up the whole screen, so any time a player accesses their character panel, it halts the game for everybody.

The Mountain Man

Ulysses

Mountain_Man wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

@alpacatears
It's an issue many have noted, to the extent Gaijin Hunter, the most prominent community advocate who's been making tutorials and MH videos for years, made a video telling people to default to kill unless the host requests cap.

Problem is in World, everyone capped because there was no advantage to killing. And while technically you can get every mat via capture as long as you achieve the break rewards, it's not fulfilling to do every time, and some parts have way better drop rates as carves.

In any case, we're not gonna convince these Worldies to respect the wishes of the host. They do what they want. Best to make a custom sticker that says "Please Kill" and start your own lobby. Share it every hunt. If someone blatently disregards, boot em and block em. Just bear in mind the message won't automatically translate so if you're playing with out of country ppl, they may have just not understood.

I wonder if Capcom would ever consider an update that would allow the quest starter to set a no capture restriction?

I don't think Capcom will give the option to disable capturing outright. The real problem is that Rise telegraphs when a monster can be captured, and that temptation to end the quest right there is too high for the average Joe Rando who is only focused on completing the quest as soon as possible.

The easiest thing for Capcom to do is to disable the symbol that pops up on your HUD when the monster is ready to be captured (also the Palico prompt). That way, everyone won't know exactly when a monster is ready to be captured.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Snatcher

@Ulysses Not true you know you can catch it the minute it starts limping so they could still catch it.

I’m very much alive!

Ulysses

@Snatcher It is true. Capturing was always a problem in World, but it was limited to the times that you couldn't kill a monster before it flees to go sleep. By that time you would see a ton of players opting to capture a sleeping monster to just end it. But for every time randoms would capture a sleeping monster, you would also have other times where a full party could kill the monster before it flees to go sleep.

Rise cuts into the quest by telling you before it limps away that you can capture it. That's just too tempting for randoms. Disabling that right there would force casual hunters to play it by ear or risk wasting their traps.

If you notice, two of Rise's biggest QOL differences from World is the Heads Up Display telling you exactly where the monster is, and also telling you exactly when you can capture. That's why if you want to instantly increase the challenge in Rise, then go on a HUD-less quest. Just disabling those two things on the HUD for every player would change online hunting substantially.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Mr-Fuggles777

@Mountain_Man it would be quite awkward playing same screen on the Lite
I couldn't imagine having to keep pausing the game or having both go back to town to sell stuff - it's definitely easier on 2 systems.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

urrutiap

Its been a long time since I played Freedom Unite and earlier this year I got back into playing it starting over.

Even though turf wars is a new thing these days but in Freedom Unite, didnt any of the early Rath quests have a Rathian and Rathalos fight each other when doing a Rathalos or Rathian quest or in Expedition in Freedom Unite?

urrutiap

Ralizah

@Ulysses

I still suck at bowgunning, unfortunately. I'm so used to running melee weapons in this game, and I've struggled a bit to remember that I have to hold R and push a button to activate my silkbind counter.

lol Pierce 3 ammo isn't hard to make. It's just Pierce 1 ammo + Gunpower lvl 3, and you can make that Gunpower from Blazenuts. I have almost 2000 Pierce 3 rounds atm.

It's too bad I have to wear some insanely stupid-looking helmet to max out Pierce Up, ruining my hunter's look.

Anyway, I also have level 6 Critical Eye, maxed out Weakness Exploit, level 2 Thunder Resistance, level 2 Hunger Resistance, and a variety of level 1 skills.

Behold! Glorious high-rank gear!

Untitled

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ulysses
World also told you when a monster could be capped via the monster icon on the mini-map changing.

@Ralizah
You can hide any piece of gear from the menu. Just turn helmet off.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic