Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 121 to 140 of 4,706

Ulysses

A big item on my wishlist is to see older maps remade with 5th gen's expansive, seamless design. I would love to see Forest and Hills featured in Rise, redesigned to be open and seamless. Misty Peaks is a close second favorite, and would also be amazing to see remade in Rise.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I don’t disagree, and it might be, but even if it is, it doesn’t change how it’s going to run on the base hardware. The experience you get is the experience you will get regardless of whether there’s a Pro or not. The idea of getting a “dumbed down” version is just an illusion. You’ll get the same experience as if a Pro never existed, but if a Pro exists, others will get (potentially) an upgraded experience. But the key thing to remember is that an upgraded experience existing doesn’t mean your experience was downgraded. Your experience is not affected.

That being said, if a Pro does exist, that will be priority #1 for me to accompany MH Rise. And not just for MH, but for all other games that could use a little extra oomph to iron out frame rates or prevent low dynamic res drops.

Also @Ulysses makes a great point. We’ll see live gameplay at TGS, and that leads me to believe what they’ve shown is definitely on the current system, otherwise there would be a difference between what we’ve seen and what they show next week.

@Spanjard
As nice as that would be, I don’t think they will just because MHGenUlt didn’t have split screen, and frankly I just don’t think the system can handle it anyways. But we will have local wireless multiplayer, and that rocks because it means that even after the apocalypse, with no Internet, we will still be able to hunt with friends 😂 We can all add a Switch Lite with a copy of MH Rise to our prepper bug-out-bags

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

I think we'll see New 3DS style exclusives for the Switch revision and/or Hyrule Warriors Legends style releases where a game runs like trash on the original hardware but Monster Hunter Rise is neither of them. DOOM Eternal on the other hand, I could see being one of them.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

This is a shockingly great analysis about the monsters and Japanese theme

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

Gajin Goombah is always nice to listen to

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ulysses

@BongoBongo123 Yes. Most certainly a console exclusive.

In fact, I'm very curious how Capcom handles this game. Does it go to PC later? Did Nintendo in fact aid in financing publishing like in past titles? If so, then would that impact a PC port? I'm very interested to see what happens. It seems like other "console exclusives" like Octopath Traveler and Daemon X Machina went to PC, so I'm curious to see if Capcom will follow suit.

@JaxonH Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen Gaijin Goombah before, so this was an excellent watch. I'm excited to see more of his analyses if we see new content during TGS.

It's very interesting to see the comparison to Toukiden 2. All the way back to Lost Planet (a snowy sci-fi IP) we see grappling as an integral mechanic, and I'm sure even earlier in other games. Grappling is certainly a very popular mechanic in Japanese gaming.

I'm just excited to get my hands on Wirebugs for all of the combat and platforming shenanigans that you see teased in the reveal footage. Combine the acrobatic animation eye candy with truly impressive vertical map design that we haven't even seen in World or 4U, and platforming is looking to be a real treat in Rise.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

GilbertXI

@Ulysses @BongoBongo123 Capcom has done things like this in the past, notably street fighter V. Also from the looks of this, they're making strives to separate monster hunter into two distinct series. Nintendo systems get classic monster hunter, albeit with some of the quality of life and mechanics improvements from world, which other consoles and PC get. This will be exclusive to Nintendo platforms, and stories 2 will as well.

GilbertXI

JaxonH

@Ulysses
While I won’t rule it out completely, I have serious doubts this game will ever leave the Switch, if previous entries are any indication. MH Gen Ultimate never went to PC, and I don’t think Rise will either, particularly since PC got World and this game is designed around the Switch. I think they’re going to keep the portable line separate as they always have. For a multitude of reasons, but one of which is, for power platforms this game wouldn’t look as good in comparison. It’s phenomenal for Switch, but even in 4K on PC, The step down from world would be noticeable and you would get a lot of people complaining, asking why it came to Switch at all when it’s just “holding the game back”.

So ya, anything’s possible, but for Monster Hunter, I think it’s a pretty safe bet this never leaves the Switch, and the next entry will be PS/Xbox/PC again. All platforms will have a game to play.

My only real concern in Rise is bringing a partner in 3-4 player multiplayer. In solo or 2p it’s same as always, but having 8 characters in multiplayer seems like it could get unbalanced, and crowded. Maybe it’ll turn out to be fine, and I’m guessing there will be lobbies that restrict bringing partners to get that classic experience, but yeah, just not sure how I feel about being able to bring a palico/palamute in 4 player hunts. It’ll obviously be great for traversing the map but when it comes to actually fighting the monster, Idk. We’ll see I guess.

Anti-Matter

Trivia question.
Have you ever saw Naoki Maeda being included from Staff Roll on newer Mon Hun games after year 2013 ?

Naoki Maeda was formerly a sound director and DDR artist from Konami.
He left from Konami on year 2013 and working at Capcom since then.
So i wonder if Naoki Maeda is getting involved in making Mon Hun tunes on newer series.
New Mon Hun games with Naoki Maeda tunes sounds like Mon Hun with DDR songs on it. 😀

Anti-Matter

Ulysses

@JaxonH Now that you mention it, can you imagine how much fun the mod community would have with GU? Since GU uses old-school assets and animations, I could see mods adding every single monster, even Frontier ones, tweaking or even adding new Arts, adding every map, dialing up the FPS, adding wide-screen support, maybe even adding full underwater to the 3U maps! Goodness gracious.

I think in all likelihood you're right, and Rise will remain Switch-exclusive.

It's just that, third-party Switch exclusives have not only set a precedent by going to PC in the past, but also, PC is such an interesting wild card of a platform. You have graphic addicts who rig up the most expensive cutting edge tech, but also retro enthusiasts who still load up Morrowind on the regular. So while porting Rise to consoles would be disastrous for the reasons you mention, PC would be the platform that could be more accepting of the graphical faults.

Ulysses

Tyranexx

@Northwind I tend to rotate mine when I get bored with my current avatar. I actually used a really awesome Absol avvie for some time that I just couldn't stand to rotate out. XD Then summer hit, and I started switching again.

@Varkster I'd legit consider getting such a skin! Absolutely nothing wrong with riding a Shinto deity as a mount. ^_^

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Joeynator3000

slowly peeks into the thread
...Yeah I have been less active in the forums lately.

Anyways, hopefully this game will do it for me, because World didn't. Mainly the difficulty and monster AI...and they did say that this game will be more like the older games, so...we'll see.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GilbertXI

@Joeynator3000 world and classic monster hunter both have their charm, world is more multiplayer objective focused, definetely not for everyone. I just give Capcom my money so they give me more big-ass monsters to fight.

GilbertXI

Rexenoboy

2 more questions:

• Do the playable characters have official names?
  • Is it safe to assume there'll be an expanded version released later down the line that will include all DLC and/or extra stuff?

Treasure Acquired

Rexenoboy

Northwind wrote:

MH DLC is traditionally free anyway, tho, so that doesn't mean you'd save money by waiting.

@Northwind
Oooh, that's good to know. Thanks!

Edited on by Rexenoboy

Treasure Acquired

JaxonH

I love how the text shoutouts are now voiced. So much better than reading on screen, which most people never paid attention to. Obviously custom text shoutouts can’t be voiced but they usually have pre-set shoutouts that cover all the necessities.

JaxonH

@Northwind
Eh, I like it.

It's not like I'm constantly using them. They're just a once in a while thing to say "this way" or "lay a trap". Its a means of communicating when not using voice chat, not a fashion statement on personality.

And I typically missed 4 out of 5 shoutouts because I dont catch the text on the screen. Make it audio I can hear, and that's a huge upgrade.

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
May i ask ?
Who is usually create Mon Hun tunes ?
I think you know a lot about Capcom games so i want to ask something about Capcom.
Well... I wonder if you ever heard Naoki Maeda.
He was former DDR sound director and artist from Konami, working at Capcom currently since 2013.
I wonder if he was included in other Capcom games for making the tunes.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
I know a fair bit about MH but truthfully, I dont know much about the composers, aside from absolutely loving their music. Monster Hunter has epic scores. Whoever's involved, they do fantastic work!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic