Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 4,706

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Im confident it will. If you settle it in your mind that you’re gonna play through this game, and maybe you’ll like it, maybe you’ll hate it, but either way you’re gonna play through it start to finish and give it an honest go to see for yourself what the hype is all about... I think if you do that, there’s no way you finish the game without being head over heels in love with it. Maybe I’m wrong but, I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who played through a Monster Hunter game through to the end and hated it. Although I’m sure that, now that I’ve said that, various people will be quick to chime in and prove me wrong.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Scollurio

So... can't wait to play this. I'm a long-term MH fan, but I've grown old and was struggling with some of the finer nuances of movement and controls as it was in MH World, now with the wire bug feature I feel a bit lost. I do get into the controls after a while when playing the demos. But I feel like I'm too old and busy to put in the time to make it all muscle memory again.

Anyone else feels similar?
Anyone can recommend a great online tutorial/tip website for "aging gamers"? Haha.
Preferably about the bow...

Thank you all.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Scollurio
Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any short cutting the muscle memory thing. The good news is, it’ll come. It’ll come as you play. It can’t help but come.

Basically, everything’s the same as it’s always been except for 6 wirebug moves (3 sheathed, 3 unsheathed): 3 traversals, 2 special attacks and a quick recovery. Just remember, for ranged weapons, R is your wirebug button, not ZL (because ZL is already taken for aiming your bow). Try to commit that to memory.

Sheathed (replace ZL with R for ranged weapons)
ZL + X = wiredash 45 degree upwards (or straight across if already in air) in direction character is facing
ZL + A = wiredash straight across (or 45 degrees down if already in air) in direction character is facing
ZL + ZR = wiredash wherever cursor is aiming

Weapon Drawn (replace ZL with R for ranged weapons)
ZL + X = silkbind attack #1
ZL + A = silkbind attack #2
ZL + B = wirefall recovery

@JustMe
Not long now. We’re almost there. And just think- even after hundreds of hours in Rise, we still have MH Stories 2 to look forward to, and next year, Monster Hunter Rise Ultimate.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Shadeon_Koopa

My hype is becoming too real already. Now I'm checking my email inbox (almost every hour) like an idiot to see if my copy has been dispatched yet.
But knowing Nintendo UK Store as of recent, they don't seem to dispatch pre-orders to be delivered 1/2 days early anymore, just on the day now.

Playing: Picross S+ (Switch), Balatro (Steam)
Next: Logiart Grimoire (1.0 release, Steam; I backed this on Kickstarter!)

My Nintendo: *Lola* | Nintendo Network ID: Shadeon_Koopa

TeeJay

My stuff still says "awaiting product availability" whenever I check on the status. Hhhhh

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

Lol Hey Jay actually made a "Season 2 Trailer" for his new pledge of hunting all monsters in Rise and Iceborne.

Scollurio

@JaxonH Thanks for taking the time to encourage me and typing up the controls. Well, back to training it is then! See you on the hunt! I'll be the sluggish archer!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

Snatcher

@JustMe maybe you can cancel and get one from another store?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

dan958

My Amazon order date has not changed yet, here's hoping it stays that way.

dan958

Twitter:

JaxonH

Happy Monster Hunter Week!

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
Tomorrow is Mon Hun Rise release day.
Is your body ready to play ?

Anti-Matter

TeeJay

Still "awaiting product availability". We're four days away. This is getting worrying.

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
Tomorrow?

The release day is Friday (technically Thursday just before midnight here in Central Time zone).

I wish it was tomorrow. But you already know I'm ready to play. My bank account isn't though. I won't divulge how much this release date is costing me. It's better to just leave it to the imagination.

@TeeJay
It'll probably ship out the day before release via express shipping. Or Wednesday. I don't think stores even receive stock until Tuesdays each week. I'm sure that's also true for their warehouses.

Ulysses

@JaxonH I'd guess around a thousand dollars, give or take, if you really did buy everything But no, you don't have to divulge specifics.

I actually canceled my preorder of the collector's edition last year. No need to divulge life specifics, but now I've settled for a humble base copy, even though that deluxe Kamurai armor layer is calling for me.

However, now that it's so close to launch, I might have to splurge on a digital copy for the first time, especially if I want to play on day one.

Edit: I checked BestBuy in my region, and it's still available to ship on day one! I think I will have to jump on that right away.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
Two of everything lol.

Two consoles, two pro controllers, 2 collector edition, 2 amiibo sets, physical non-deluxe for sealed display, digital deluxe for day one play, EU import for EU steelbook variant...

The only thing I didn't buy was the Hori Split pad pro. Even MH isn't enough to persuade me to by a wired joycon without Gyro or rumble 😄

Nice work getting that day one locked in. Welcome to the hype train. Next stop- Kamura Village!

VoidofLight

@JustMe Not really. Some people want to have a version of the stuff to keep in a box as a collector's item, while they also want to use the item. That's why some people buy two of everything. Not to mention they may also be gifting it to someone. Scalping is the only thing I'd say is an issue, and even then, I doubt JaxonH is going to scalp the game or the items around it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

That being said however, I can't seem to find a site that's selling the Magnamalo amiibo alone, since all the stores have it out of stock. Same with the collector's edition of the game and the controller.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

TeeJay

I haven't been able to find any of the MH Rise amiibo at all after missing the initial time they went up.

JaxonH

@JustMe
That’s a pretty ignorant thing to say.

We do have nice things. I have nice things. So I’m not sure what you’re talking about when you say “we”. Who is “we”? And what does “we” have to do with me, a consumer and collector, consuming and collecting what I want? Are you implying that you don’t have something you want because of me? That I, Jaxon Holden, am to blame for this mysterious “we” which apparently, according to you, “doesn’t have nice things?”

If I, a consumer and collector, am required to not consume and collect in order for this elusive “we” to have nice things, then that’s just too bad. “We” can do without. Because I sure as hell am not going to do without for the sake of some mysterious “we”.

I’m just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were making a joke in poor taste.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@VoidofLight
As you said, one to collect, and one to open, and more importantly, having a backup in case one comes damaged (which is not something I’m going to risk on my favorite franchise of all time). The chances that at least one out of two comes without being damaged is significantly better than rolling the dice on just one and hoping for the best. Then the damaged one can be opened. Not that I have to explain myself to them. I could be buying them to burn in a bonfire and I would have every right to do so.

I’ve got little respect and even less patience for those who attack legitimate consumers for buying products they want. Always looking for someone to blame. I posted every single item that I saw come in stock in this very thread for anyone who wanted, multiple times over. I’ve done more than my fair share to help others... which btw, I had no obligation to do. If someone wants to berate me for buying products I want as a consumer, especially after I’ve gone out of my way to post alerts for the special edition console at least three different times, the special edition pro controller at least twice, the collector edition and the Amiibo? Respectfully, they can kick rocks.

@TeeJay
I believe they were exclusive to GameStop and that’s why. No other retailers have had them in the US.

edit
@TeeJay
All 3 amiibo are currently available at Amazon Japan, sold directly by Amazon. And you can actually get all 3 for less than the price they’d cost here, shipping included. Grand total shipped is $70.42 USD (vs GameStop which was $65 MSRP + tax + individual shipping of $6 EACH, and yes, they charged individually, so it was almost $90 total via GameStop).

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=Monster+Hunter+rise+amiibo&r...

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic