Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 4,706

Mr-Fuggles777

Not been a massive fan of the Demo but I still buckled and pre ordered the collectors edition so I have something new to play on the switch, the Amiibo looks pretty cool but would have preferred a proper statue like Nerg from the world collection.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

VoidofLight

Honestly, I'm just waiting for the full game, since the Demo's aren't usually that great in terms of what they have to offer, and I like playing with characters I create rather than pre-made characters with pre-made weapons.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Ulysses

I am so weak willed.

I am this close to downloading the demo and taking a crack at Magnamalo

edit: even though last year I wanted to stay as unspoiled as possible. So much for that!

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Mr-Fuggles777
I would’ve liked a nice statue too, but they never seem to do big expensive CE’s for Nintendo platforms. At least it’s way cheaper, and amiibo are useful and collectible. Even the Nergigante (and Velkhena from Iceborn JP release) statue looks pretty cheap compared to the actual Creator’s models, particularly when you compare to the Nergigante creator’s model. I had to display the collector edition figure on a separate shelf just because it looks so bad by comparison being in close proximity.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mr-Fuggles777

@JaxonH I might swap it for the standard edition and will grab the Amiibo content on an NFC chip as im not interested in the figure.
Agree with you that the MHW CE statue wasn't the best either.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

JaxonH

@JustMe
That was the most incredible hunt I think I’ve ever seen!

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Lol, ok this made me chuckle

Snatcher

Oh ya I still need to play the demo LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Joeynator3000

....Oh, it's a meme thing...thought he was actually playing the game. Eh, not my kind of thing, honestly. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Joeynator3000
He threw a tantrum playing Madden on a stream the other day, ended up walking off and left the stream going for like 7 hours.

It fits perfectly for the Magnamalo fight ☺️

Ulysses

Has anyone here managed to beat Magnamalo?

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
I haven’t.

I got him limping my first try, funnily enough, but I haven’t really tried more than a few times since. It’s just such a tight time limit, and I don’t want to play it 30-40 times, and master the fight so well that by the time the game comes out, it feels like a push-over.

I don’t think he’s meant to be beaten. The overwhelming majority of people will not be able to beat him. There are some who have beaten him. And anyone who does, that’s incredible. You’ve got a lot of skill. But it’s OK to not beat him. In the main game, You’re going to have better armor, skills, time to get Spiribirds, pre-hunt meal buffs, and enough time that you don’t have to put yourself in risky situations to keep up an insanely high damage output.

JaxonH

Wow!

Just cut my time down for killing Great Izuchi, Rathian and Mizutsune all in the same quest to 27:18

My previous time was 34 minutes.

MisterMan

@Ulysses I just beat Magnamalo. It took quite a few attempts and some luck with getting everything to go right in the hunt. I was able to ride Rathian 2x's and Mizutsune 1x to do a lot of damage. I barely made it in the time limit though. I used the HH even though it's one of my least played weapons, it just feels really strong in the demo and is a good matchup against Magnamalo.

MisterMan

Snatcher

@JaxonH I haven't even tried yet I have been playing crash 4.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

JaxonH

@MisterMan
Wow, that’s fantastic. Very few have managed to beat him. I watched a few vids, and it seems with enough practice and fine tuning your strategy, using other monsters to attack him, using blights, traps and hunting horn, he can be felled. Even then, it’s still quite the achievement.

@Snatcher
Have you played MH before? I forget.

If not, it might be best to just wait for the full game. The demo can turn new players off.

Tyranexx

I'm still definitely interested in this game. I've been checking this thread but have largely been silent since I've 1. been busy IRL and 2. don't really have much to contribute. XD I did see the second demo dropped, but I'll be saving my steam for the full game. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be picking it up until mid-April. That should still be soon enough to capitalize on the MonHun hype. Still have my heart set on those dual blades.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

@Tyranexx
The first content update drops at the end of April, with Chameleos and, according to new, v2 demo data mining, Teostra and Kushala Daora, which would give us three rock solid elder dragons, the original trio from Freedom Unite

I do think it would be wise to jump in as soon as possible though, so you can progress with everyone else and be at roughly the same level for multiplayer purposes. Granted, there’s going to be some people who just fly through the game as fast as they possibly can, and will probably be at end game within a week. That WON’T be me. This game is to be savored. I probably won’t even be at end game when the update drops. Which is good. It means I can flow right into the new content when the time comes. My problem with World was, it released in January, and didn’t get its first content update until like April, with Deviljho. By the time it released I had already finished playing the main game, as that was 3 whole months later. So I think it’s good they are giving us content updates just 30 days after release. There’s another one coming afterwards, but I can’t imagine it’ll be that much farther out. Maybe May, June at the latest.

But MH Stories 2 drops July 9th, and I expect them to have all of the content out by then. At which point they can just focus on the PC port for 2022 and the Ultimate version expansion.

Edited on by JaxonH

Snatcher

@JaxonH No I have played before, my first game was world and the other stories, I was a MH fan after that.

Tyranexx

@JaxonH People that'll fly through the game like that either have WAY more free time than I do, don't sleep, and/or have a ton of time off accumulated. XD I feel that games like this (from what I've read) are better played as a marathon, not a sprint. I certainly will want to take my time and enjoy the sights, sounds, mechanics, and flavors the game offers.

I realize this answer will widely vary, but what's the average main story completion time for a Monster Hunter game?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic