Valstrax kicked my butt in the main game...>.>
Nergigante was the pushover. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

They do it for the same reason they cap the demo tries at 30- so leechers can’t abuse the demo and have 5 monsters to hunt, forever, free of charge. I’m not saying I agree with that logic, but I’m pretty sure that’s the logic. You know how investors are. They are the same ones that insist Denovo gets put into every game, and now it’s coming to PS5, because choking framerates on PC apparently wasn’t enough for them.

But ya. I don’t like the limit but at the same time, it prevents the monster from getting spoiled in the main game, because if I had a full 50:minutes I would luxuriously fight him over and over and over leading up to release. But at 15 minutes, I think fighting him a few times was enough for me. I’ve gotten my taste. Now I’ll wait for the full game release.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

Just got a chance to fight Magnamalo at work. Yeah there's no way I'm beating this thing within the arbitrary time limit.

The monster is cool as heck though. Hell Blight is like, Blast Blight and Frenzy sort of mashed together in that it has both good and bad effects for the hunter. Can't wait for Hell Blight weapons to be overpowered just like every other new element that gets introduced in MonHun, haha. (Remember Slime Blight?)

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Shadeon_Koopa

Will be taking on Magnamalo after work tonight. I'll likely want to attempt this multiplayer-only though, if he's as brutal as Valstrax in GenU's demo (which guaranteed he is).

Playing: Picross S+ (Switch), Balatro (Steam)
Next: Logiart Grimoire (1.0 release, Steam; I backed this on Kickstarter!)

My Nintendo: *Lola* | Nintendo Network ID: Shadeon_Koopa

Shadeon_Koopa

@JustMe Fair enough. Once Magnamalo's assumingly kicked me enough, I'll return to Great Izuchi for a while to practice more Wirebug and the 'item use mechanics' (i.e. the circle and the other one that's not L + Y/A).

Playing: Picross S+ (Switch), Balatro (Steam)
Next: Logiart Grimoire (1.0 release, Steam; I backed this on Kickstarter!)

My Nintendo: *Lola* | Nintendo Network ID: Shadeon_Koopa

TheWingedAvenger

Hi, I'm a monster hunter. Okey, I've risen. What do you want me to do now?

TheWingedAvenger

TeeJay

TeeJay wrote:

And now I just got an email from Gamestop saying my "amiibo" have been delayed, even though I haven't ordered any monster hunter amiibo.

Upon checking the order number they're talking about the pro controller. Pretty crappy but at least it isn't the MH Switch.

Yeah so about that.

The MH Switch is also delayed. Even though I paid extra for day 1 shipping. Neat

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@TeeJay why did you say that? you why....you jinxed yourself.... sorry dude.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TeeJay

@Snatcher It's called "trying to look at the positives"

Ultimately the estimated delay is just 4 days so it's not THAT long, it's just really disappointing when this is easily my most anticipated game of the year so I'm whining about it.

Snatcher

@TeeJay Not saying you can't I would to if One of my games got a delay, just saying you kinda jinxed yourself, but looking at the positives at least you can play the demo to hold you over. (I did mean it when I said sorry tho)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

I'll probably end up getting a physical copy, and if it gets delayed, then it's really no big deal. Especially since I have another game I'm trying to beat before I play anything else.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JaxonH

@TeeJay
GameStop support already said those messages are in error and to disregard them, and that everything is on schedule

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

@JaxonH Oh nice! That's a relief!

Snatcher

@TeeJay Well I was wrong glade I was to.

JaxonH

@TeeJay
It is indeed.

That’s not to say they can’t still screw it up, but ya. False alarm. It’s too early to get delays anyways. Product won’t even arrive in their store and warehouse until the week after next. Now. If we get emails the week of, like 2 days before release? Then it’s probably real. But I suspect that won’t be the case.

You are getting the game digitally with the MH console, right? So if the console is delayed, the game is delayed? Could always buy physical, play for a week, then sell on eBay for $50 Like New, and after fees, it’d be like paying $15 for a rental. Pricy, but maybe worth admission for launch week.

TeeJay

@JaxonH Yes I'm getting it digitally with the MH console, but if there's a delay, I'll just suck it up and wait a few days rather than go through all that, haha. It would suck but it's not like I'll die without it for a few days.

JaxonH

I love how the demo fight of Magna is so well designed. He will one shot you unless you utilize the spiribirds to buff health, so it’s smart gameplay design that is already teaching the player that you need to use the petalace mechanic.

And the endemic life, as blast toads are an automatic knockdown, and elemental blights do all kinds of things to make the fight easier.

The problem is, the 4 minutes you spend gathering spiribirds along the way is 4 fewer minutes you have to kill him. And there’s just not enough time. So you almost have to run straight to Magna and manage to not get hit by any of his big attacks (or even medium attacks), and manage to maintain consistently high damage output the entire fight. Very few have beaten this quest. Even Capcom’s own community manager said he can’t beat the quest.

His fight is so good. I don’t think I’ve seen a monster with such a large arsenal and wide diversity of move sets before. Compared to Rathian in the demo that only ever does tail flips, charges and tail spins, it feels very organic.

Edited on by JaxonH

Mountain_Man

I'm in love with how great this game looks and how well it runs. It shows what is possible when developers take their time to do a proper job on the Switch.

The Mountain Man

TeeJay

Magnamalo's power in the demo helps it to look cool, yes, but I'm going to keep in mind that it was intentionally overtuned to seem this way. Sure it's going to be tough in the actual game too but between eating, endemic life buffs and armorskins and whatnot that you'll be able to bring to the fight, PLUS the actual armor you'll have being whatever you want it to be, AND the time limit being 50 minutes instead of 15, I have no doubts the the encounter in the game itself isn't going to be nearly this ridiculous.

Edited on by TeeJay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic