Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime 4: The Long(er) Wait

Posts 921 to 939 of 939

Jhena

Thankfully I did not beat Prime 1-3 yet. If Nintendo will (remaster) the other two I can wait. Prime 1 remaster should arrive soon. This is going to be a good time.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

StarPoint

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing Prime 2 and 3 getting remasters before Prime 4 comes out. If you ask me, we probably aren't getting a new system until either late 2024 or early 2025, which gives plenty of time for the other two games to get remastered. And if it's true that Nintendo was sitting on the first game's remaster for a while, who knows how much time Retro has had to work on the next two?

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

MarioBrickLayer

@StarPoint I think it's been pretty much proven as it was rated by the German ratings agency in July 2021.

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

StarPoint wrote:

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing Prime 2 and 3 getting remasters before Prime 4 comes out. If you ask me, we probably aren't getting a new system until either late 2024 or early 2025, which gives plenty of time for the other two games to get remastered. And if it's true that Nintendo was sitting on the first game's remaster for a while, who knows how much time Retro has had to work on the next two?

@StarPoint

A couple of things. 1) Last I heard, ports for MP2 and MP3 to the Switch will be quick and dirty. The bare minimum. Not the same love and attention MP1 received. And the remake of MP1 wasn't handled by Retro alone, it was a collaboration between them and three other port houses (like Iron Galaxy).

2) I assume Retro themselves are all-hands-on-deck with MP4. A development house other than Retro could be working on MP2 and MP3. They're most likely being outsourced.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheBigBlue

I don’t know, whether the other two games get remasters or not depends on how soon the next console arrives. If the switch has another year or two on the market like Starpoint suggested, then remasters would be more likely. If the console is arriving sooner, HD ports of the other two would be more likely. But everyone should set their expectations to a reasonable degree. There is a chance the other two games don’t arrive at all, Prime 1 is Nintendo’s way of drumming up hype for prime 4, Nintendo sent a survey out themselves that Magician posted here I think, and one of the options was something like “this is a great way to kill time until Prime 4” or something, or maybe that was fake. So if the other prime games don’t come, then I don’t want to see endless whining about it because it’s annoying. Either they come in either remaster or HD capacity or not at all, keep expectations in check just in case

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

StarPoint

Magician wrote:

And the remake of MP1 wasn't handled by Retro alone, it was a collaboration between them and three other port houses (like Iron Galaxy).

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention that. Obviously, it's a bigger team working on it than just Retro, which to me, means that Retro can still keep the majority of their focus on Prime 4 while letting these other teams focus on the remasters. And I dunno about how reliable ol' Grubb is for a source of this information at this point, but what he's suggesting is also very possible.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Jhena

@TheBigBlue
Thank you for the warning. I will keep my expectations in check. I think I should wait until a few months away of the Prime 4 release. Should there be no remasters of 2 and 3 I will play the original games, to be ready for Prime 4.

To be honest I still have to beat Metroid, Super Metroid (Edit: and Metroid Dread). There is definitely enough Metroid for me left not to get too worried about it.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

TheBigBlue

@Jhena yeah we have received tons of Metroid stuff to burn through on switch while the wait for Prime 4 continues. We have every 2D metroid game (not including remakes), and the first Metroid Prime as well. Nintendo has actually been doing a really good job promoting Metroid as a top Nintendo franchise in recent years

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Jhena

@TheBigBlue
True. I am not the biggest Metroid fan, at least not yet, but I can definitely see that Nintendo really cares for the series. I remember the time when Metroid Federation Force was released. To me it seemed like many people lost faith in the series. Seeing where Metroid is now, makes me really happy for Metroid fans. Of course I am happy too for good games.

Jhena

Bolt_Strike

I don't think Prime 4 is a next gen title, I think it's a cross gen title. It'd be foolish for Nintendo not to take advantage of the immense success and userbase of the Switch, especially when they already promised said userbase that Prime 4 is coming. That's just leaving money on the table. At the same time, having it available potentially at launch for the next gen Switch could very well be mutually beneficial for both Prime 4 and the next gen Switch, so I do think it's going to be on the next gen Switch too. This is probably a BotW scenario, it's been delayed for so long that they want it on both now and we probably are waiting on the hardware reveal before they say anything more on the game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

TheBigBlue

@Bolt_Strike Bang on. Prime 4 got announced for switch in its launch year. I can definitely see Nintendo making prime 4 a next gen game, while also fulfilling the Prime 4 on switch announcement.

Okami1

Untitled

dysgraphia awareness human

kkslider5552000

Man wtf is going on at Retro Studios though?

Like if its being saved for the next system's launch and it could otherwise come out on Switch sooner, ok. But if they really aren't near finishing the game, I feel like something's gone horribly wrong with this developer, who has not put out a new game in nearly a decade.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

@kkslider5552000 Apparently Retro had a game to show at E3 a few years ago, which was some kind of music rpg, however it was so rough Nintendo pulled it from the show the day before. They carried on working on it but they simply couldn’t get it to click until they took over Prime 4 and just dropped it.

I’m not overly concerned with Prime 4 myself, they took it over in 2019, had covid delays, went on a hiring spree and this is meant to be a proper AAA title which of course takes time to make despite the impatience of gamers.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

blindsquirrel

Don’t worry guys, I’m sure that Prime 4 has been done for awhile now and Nintendo is just sitting on it until the time is right.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Ninfan

What I think will happen now is that we been waiting so long people will be sick of the wait and hate the game

Ninfan

Bevinator

I genuinely forgot this game was supposed to be coming to the Switch. Would still be super excited to play it if it happens.

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Grumblevolcano

It feels that there's 2 feasible scenarios:
1. The scenario that has been discussed to death about Prime 4 being a launch title for the Switch's successor.
2. Nintendo made a deal with Geoff Keighley (back when Reggie was still at Nintendo) to have the proper reveal of Prime 4 be at Game Awards 2018. Prime 4 restarted development but the deal remained meaning Prime 4's proper reveal happens at Game Awards 2023 with a release date announcement. Perhaps alongside a shadow drop of Prime 2+3 as December is empty on the 1st party front at the moment.

Option 1 seems more likely but option 2 is the much better outcome.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

judaspete

Cross gen MP4 makes a lot of sense at this point. Build the game for Switch, and then have the next gen version be the ray tracing showcase for that system. Assuming those rumors are true, but with Nvidia building the chip it also makes sense.

Edited on by judaspete

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic