Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 2,144

Grumblevolcano

@LilyGoMEOW Not really because the time of day change is present in Tour gameplay of the track. The thing that bothers me about Sunset Wilds is that the Tour version is simplified compared to Super Circuit original much like how Sky Garden was in wave 1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@DarkRula It's smart as a marketing tool, at least with Sky High Sundae and Yoshi's Island. But I still find it odd that they're new courses, maybe I'm too particular haha

And city courses are labelled as "Tour" courses, but Ninja Highway, Sky High Sundae, Merry Mountain, Yoshi's Island and Squeaky Clean Sprint aren't labelled as anything. Even if they're technically for Tour, they're considered new by the game's standard. I find it odd, but it's getting better each wave....it's not like I'm losing sleep over it.

@LilyGoMEOW It's a concern, but we're far into the Booster Course Pass. There's no excuse.

I'd say it was down to a short preview and they wouldn't want to reveal its greatest trick this early.
...and imagine if they could do it on GBA and mobile, but not the Switch? How embarrassing! I can't see them skipping it.

Kimyonaakuma

MarioVillager92

@LilyGoMEOW Well, @Grumblevolcano did say that the sun setting is retained in Tour, so I would imagine they would keep that in 8 Deluxe. Perhaps the footage we were shown was only on lap 1. It was a cool aesthetic change they did back in the Super Circuit original, yeah.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

DarkRula

@Kimyonaakuma Indeed. Not something to hyper focus about (r/MarioKart felt like a warzone at one point over it) as long as those courses are fun to drive.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

vio

@LilyGoMEOW Nah, I would be shocked if the time of day didn't change each lap. I think the brief footage shown in the trailer is just from the first lap.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

vio

Almost time! Wave 5 should be dropping tonight.

Edited on by vio

MarioVillager92

@vio I was actually thinking that wave 5 would be tonight! If I recall correctly, wave 4 came out the night before its release date in my time zone.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Kimyonaakuma

Checked a few days ago and I think it officially releases 10am Japan time. So that's the 11th for most countries.

Also, this might be a random question...but does anyone know the size of the updates? Can't find a reliable source for any of the waves, but I'm assuming it will be bigger because there are more characters? Not that any file size for Mario Kart is huge compared.

Currently don't have wifi, so I'm just curious how much data I would be burning through.

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

@Kimyonaakuma All the updates so far (4 waves of DLC + the other updates like Labo support) combined is 2.7GB total so wave 5 would probably be around 600MB.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

vio

Whoops, can't believe I wrote wave 6 LOL. Must edit that!

WiiWareWave

@StarPoint @vio @Grumblevolcano @Kimyonaakuma @MarioLover92 @DarkRula I know it's a long-shot, but I'm hoping that Nintendo adds the ability for CPU racers to have a randomly coloured character if the character they're using has pallet choices. I hate how all CPU controlled racers are always the default colour.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

StarPoint

@LilyGoMEOW That would be a nice feature, and I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily out of the realm of possibility. Nintendo’s already added a few nice QoL features so far, so I could definitely see them adding more up to Wave 6.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Kimyonaakuma

@LilyGoMEOW I wouldn't mind it for Yoshi or Shy Guy...but what are those Birdo colours? I understand that they're in Tour but most of them aren't great.

But I think it could be added, they've added custom items and such. Personally I'd love more options for VS races, just to help manage the amount of courses. Especially if there were categories and filters, like items.
If we could filter by Original/DLC courses, by original system or custom "playlists", I'd be really happy.
All the Double Dash/Wii Courses in a row? Any "random" course with the ones I don't enjoy removed? I'd love to see it.

Kimyonaakuma

WoomyNNYes

Guess we'll see if wave 5 goes live at midnight tonight, or later tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

DarkRula

Custom playlists is something I'm absolutely hoping gets added sometime in the future. Would be nice to have a few curated lists of races to jump into without having to manually select them all.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

StarPoint

3 hours to go! I'm interested to see if they are gonna be adding any QoL features in this update. When they added the custom items option, did they announce that on Twitter before or after the update went out?

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

Hope you guys have a good time with Wave 5! I'll be asleep when it drops unfortunately but I'll be downloading it first thing tomorrow morning. Take care and I hope you have some great races!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

From what I remember, it wasn't known until the update released. But was that wave 3? And wave 4 had some rebalancing?
...I'm not sure if any of those were announced outside of patch notes.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it tomorrow. I enjoyed it on Wii U (even before DLC), and I still play Deluxe pretty often. That says enough about how much I enjoy it - anything else is a bonus.
That...and they already have my money from a year ago. I'll take whatever comes.

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic