Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 3,125

Tasuki

Went into my local GameStop today and they had several copies new and used for sale. I love how people freaked out about not being able to get this game after March 31st.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

pilot

Its not available on the eshop after march 31, but there will still be physical copies in retailers for a little while. Eventually they will be bought up and it will not be impossible, but difficult and most likely expensive to get it.

Boutta go on a pokemon mania

jedgamesguy

@Northwind Very interesting story, thanks for sharing! I admit it was less than amazing when NL wrote an article every day for ten days, phrased in one of the many different ways to say "buy this game, it's about to go!" but I'm glad they did, for anyone who didn't know about it that frequents the site. It could be seen as very invasive on other sites but here at least it makes a lot of sense.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Buizel

Not surprised the game is still around at retail and/or being sold at a slight discount. Why would someone suddenly buy it in April when aware that it would go off sale on March 31st (except, of course, for those who aren't aware - as outlined above, maybe this wasn't widely communicated).

Its probably late in the Switch life cycle, or when Switch goes retro, where we may see the increase in value.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

Well the fact that they haven't put these games up as individual digital sales is interesting.

That fits with my prediction that GC and Wii games will be a feature of the Switch Pro, as an incentive for people to upgrade. Same as they did with SNES games on the New3DS.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

That fits with my prediction that GC and Wii games will be a feature of the Switch Pro, as an incentive for people to upgrade. Same as they did with SNES games on the New3DS.

I'd say this is stupid, but SNES games only being on New 3DS is also stupid. So its at least consistently stupid.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

Stupid from whose point of view? I'm thinking of it from Nintendo's point of view, and what would be a good incentive to make fans to upgrade to the Pro console.

I don't actually have a 4K screen, so if the only feature of the Switch Pro is that it does 4K output on the same games, well I just won't have any reason to upgrade at all. I already have an mClassic too, so I can already upgrade 720p games to 1080p quite nicely. So they'd need to offer something else to make me buy the Switch Pro. Emulating the entire GC and Wii libraries would probably do the trick! It would also explain why they didn't include Galaxy 2.

Edited on by Dezzy

kkslider5552000

I think it was reported on that SNES roms apparently couldn't run on original 3DS. The least believable Nintendo news I can even remember (that wasn't just a rumor anyway).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

Their SNES emulator did genuinely have trouble running some games for some reason. I think that's mostly them just being too lazy to fix it, rather than a genuine hardware issue though. The base 3DS should've handled it easily.

Banjo-

I took two photos of Super Mario 64 so you can compare them. One is from Super Mario 3D All-Stars on Nintendo Switch Lite and the other from the unofficial port on New Nintendo 3DS. I wanted to compare the aspect ratio, 4:3 (official port) and wide-screen (unofficial port).

Untitled

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Tendo64

Turns out the ltd run was a crock. It's still readily available everywhere I've been for games. Good work Nintendo

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

ReaperMelia

@Tendo64 They said they'd stop producing copies after March. They didn't say it would be a small print. It was pretty obvious it'd still be available well after the cut-off date given how plentiful copies were from day one.

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

Matt_Barber

That's FOMO marketing for you.

It's the fear of missing out that sells, not whether it's realistically likely to happen.

Matt_Barber

Snatcher

@Balta666 I got it bc I really, Really, Really wanted to play those games, I waited all year for them, I needed them, Fomo for the most part, it was about 50/50 with the fomo and me wanting to actually play the games, So about 15% Fomo.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

Balta666 wrote:

Did any of you bought the game on day one because of fomo or because you really wanted to play the games?

I bought 3D All Stars in March 2021, just only to secure Mario Sunshine.
But I didn't touch the game after I updated the game and played for several minutes to test the gameplay.
One thing, Super Mario Galaxy Switch version didn't have Mii option to choose your planet icon.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ReaperMelia

@Balta666 I got it day one because I was excited for the collection. I had never done a full playthrough of 64, I had never played Sunshine at all, and Galaxy was (and still is) my favorite Mario game. It would have been a day one buy for me with or without the limited printing period.

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

1UP_MARIO

Itsa Mario. It always is a day 1

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

Day 1 especially because of it being the first time Sunshine has been playable on a modern platform in around a decade.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

I pre-ordered it because I didn't know how many copies they would make, the FOMO marketing was cruel and effective and overly ridiculous considering it's a collection of Mario games on a Nintendo console and Nintendo don't publish their games elsewhere. My excitement was because of Super Mario Sunshine, my favourite Mario 3D game and I confirmed that preference after replaying the games. The Super Mario 64 PC and 3DS ports are much better than Nintendo's (I got the 120 stars on each). It's not just the aspect ratio but it's more responsive on Nintendo 3DS (unofficial port) than on Switch (official re-release) and that is both crazy and true.

EDIT:
Oh and they didn't include Super Mario Galaxy 2...

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic