Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 3,202

Marioman2020

@theJGG What? 3D all stars may be missing some things (cough Galaxy 2 Cough Cough 3D land Cough) But It's still a great game!

Favorite Games:
1.Super Mario 3D All-Stars
2. Smash Ultimate
3. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
4. Among us
5. Super Mario Maker 2
6. Super Mario Odyssey
7. Super Mario Bros. 2
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
9. Super Mario Bros. 35

Marioman2020

App wrote:

I bet it'll release in a Mario-like Direct coming in September.

Yep- perfect timing. He called it in june.

Edited on by Marioman2020

Favorite Games:
2. Smash Ultimate
4. Among us
5. Super Mario Maker 2
6. Super Mario Odyssey
7. Super Mario Bros. 2
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
9. Super Mario Bros. 35

theJGG

@Marioman2020 I'd call it less a good game, but rather a collection of good games. But don't get me wrong, I had fun with it nonetheless...

Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation!
Switch: 6764-9521-9114 (TheJGG)
PSN: JedgamesGUY

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Slowdive

@Marioman2020 Yoshi renders Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Switch an impossibility.

You can take me out of the '90s, but not the '90s out of me.

Marioman2020

@Slowdive I understand- The extended use of motion controls/pointer function that doesn't work well would NOT work well for yoshi- Imagine all the lives lost on levels relying on yoshi's tongue.

@Snatcher I don't understand. Do you mean does 3D land count as a "3D All-Star" Or Do you mean It should have it's own HD switch port?

@theJGG Yeah, Good point. I've already beaten galaxy with 63 Stars and now am on sunshine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Super Mario 3D All-Stars 2 with SM64 DS, 3D Land, and SMG2 with refined motion controls.

Edited on by Eel

Favorite Games:
2. Smash Ultimate
4. Among us
5. Super Mario Maker 2
6. Super Mario Odyssey
7. Super Mario Bros. 2
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
9. Super Mario Bros. 35

Clyde_Radcliffe

I was surprised to find a sex joke in Mario Sunshine, hahaha

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Clyde_Radcliffe

Slowdive

@Marioman2020 Yep. It's a bummer though. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a fantastic game.

You can take me out of the '90s, but not the '90s out of me.

Marioman2020

@Clyde_Radcliffe Mama Mia!

Favorite Games:
2. Smash Ultimate
4. Among us
5. Super Mario Maker 2
6. Super Mario Odyssey
7. Super Mario Bros. 2
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
9. Super Mario Bros. 35

WahooTime

Galaxy 2 would only work if they made it docked only which Nintendo would never do.😢

WahooTime

Marioman2020

@WahooTime possibly they could make it a pack-in with a wii remote and sensor bar that's switch- compatible, but that's a stretch.

Favorite Games:
2. Smash Ultimate
4. Among us
5. Super Mario Maker 2
6. Super Mario Odyssey
7. Super Mario Bros. 2
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
9. Super Mario Bros. 35

Clyde_Radcliffe

WahooTime wrote:

Galaxy 2 would only work if they made it docked only which Nintendo would never do.😢

Maybe they'll change the whole Yoshi thing, hence it needing more time and not coming out with the other games.

Clyde_Radcliffe

WahooTime

@Marioman2020 why would they need a Wii mote and sensor bar when they have demonstrated that the joy cons work with galaxy 1. Galaxy 2 would work exactly the same but handheld only would be the problem with yoshi.

WahooTime

Eel

@Marioman2020 please do not post multiple times in a row. Edit your previous message if you want to add more.

And do not make posts in all caps like that.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Marioman2020

@WahooTime Just an idea for some nostalgia, and a quick buck, which seems to be nintendo's feelings toward 3D All-stars.

Favorite Games:
2. Smash Ultimate
4. Among us
5. Super Mario Maker 2
6. Super Mario Odyssey
7. Super Mario Bros. 2
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
9. Super Mario Bros. 35

Snatcher

I did it today I got all 120 stars in galaxy and got luigi but that was a'lot and idk if I could play that game over i'm pretty burnt out of platformer's now I may buy ni no kuni just to take a brake.

Snatcher

Zeldafan79

Since we're talking about mario games does anyone else think It's high time for a Mario land 2 remake? I always loved that one and only recently discovered a full color hack of the game online. It's so much nicer that way but imagine a new updated version like how they remade Link's awakening! You could add an extra world or new levels and update it. Still keep it 2D but you know spruce it up. I'd buy it!

Zeldafan79

StuTwo

@Clyde_Radcliffe I always think that in Sunshine when you do a triple jump it sounds like Mario says an expletive when he’s probably actually saying “wa hoo”. I suppose Sunshine was also a game made around the same time as TTYD which had a few things that pushed the PG boundary. And other Nintendo stuff on GameCube like Captain Rainbow.

@WahooTime I don’t think the Yoshi stuff is inherently more difficult to adapt to Switch than the pointer and motion stuff in Galaxy 1. I played that mostly handheld and it was fine (if not perfect).

The Yoshi stuff is harder (as Galaxy 2 is in general) but it’s not the hardest and they could always find ways to make it more forgiving if they felt it necessary.

@zeldafan79 I think I’d like Nintendo to hire M2 and get them to do Mario Land 2 as a “lost 16-bit Mario World” - like they did with Castlevania Adventure Rebirth.

I also don’t understand why the carrot and some of the enemies/gimmicks could have found their way into Mario Maker.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

WahooTime

@StuTwo I didn’t say it’s harder. I meant in handheld mode how would you control yoshis tongue. Would you control yoshi with the left stick and control his tongue with the touch screen.

WahooTime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic