Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 3,202

Zeldafan79

@Yosher
Okay sounds like i can skip that one. Good to know. Anyway speaking of woolly world i really love the music in that one! Made crafted world sound like crap. Here's probably my favorite track in the entire game! It's so cheery and happy sounding i could just listen to it forever!

Edited on by Zeldafan79

Zeldafan79

rallydefault

I'd still have to go with 64 having the best hub world. I mean, Peach's Castle - it's just classic, and the many little secrets from levels to Yoshi are just so much fun.

rallydefault

Yosher

@Zeldafan79 Yeah Woolly World has really good music! Crafted World isn't as good on that department because the composer for Woolly World left Good Feel (the company responsible for both games) after Woolly World was finished. Said composer even commented on the low quality soundtrack of Crafted World and I think even said that they should have simply been hired for the project again. Which I can only agree with. Crafted World's soundtrack wasn't necessarily bad though, it was just mediocre. If you want outright bad then compare it to New Island music.

Also, on topic: The best hub world is pretty much a tie for all of them for me. Peach's Castle is super iconic, Delfino Plaza has the most things to do, and the Comet Observatory is just downright majestic in a way you rarely see in Mario games. They all have their own unique touch. If you throw Mario Galaxy 2 into three equation though I think all three beat that game's hub world. Not that Starship Mario was bad, it was just a bit bland in comparison, but some people prefer that more straight to the point approach. And in that aspect it was still pretty good.

Yoshi!

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7434-8383 | Nintendo Network ID: Yosher

link3710

I really hope Woolly World comes to Switch at this point. That game deserves a second chance on a better selling system.

link3710

Eel

It technically already got that

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

@Eel Yeah but... quite frankly the game is gorgeous, and great for local multiplayer and 3DS did not do it justice on either front.

link3710

Eel

Excuse u.

The 3DS version is gorgeous too.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

I have never played wolly world and I think it looks great on the 3ds I think I played the demo once.

Snatcher

RR529

Toy Time Galaxy is thematically cool (and I love that classic theme remix), but I forgot how annoying it is trying to control that darned Spring powerup (granted, I rarely died, it just felt awkward), which definitely dampened the experience a tad.

Bonefin Galaxy was surprisingly dark (pay attention to the background effect when you're on the Toad ship (it's disembodied souls), but the boss fight there was really cool.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MarioLover92

@RR529 Yeah, Spring Mario is pretty hard to control, especially at first. I had a really tough time using the Spring Mushroom when I first played SMG, but it definitely got a bit easier as I got more experience with it (at least with me, anyway). That super jump feels awesome to pull off, though!

Spring Mario's learning curve aside, I enjoyed Toy Time Galaxy. I found it to be a fun and charming level, and that classic Mario theme remix fits it perfectly.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
My AC:NH Island: D-World
Switch Username: MarioFan92

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | Twitter:

norwichred

Almost there. I set myself the task of playing the games through in order - planning to 100% 64 and Galaxy, and complete sunshine (I’ve heard sunshine was very difficult so not planning on 100%ing it, just completing it).

Anyway - now on 103 stars in 64. Just got the 100 coin challenges and a couple of secret stars and I’m finally done and can start sunshine

norwichred

Benjoo

@norwichred good job. Keep going. I recently got 100% on 64. My last star was 100 coins on rainbow road. Frustrating level for me. Tried to get into sunshine but I struggle with the FLUDD controls.

Benjoo

Dezzy

Yosher wrote:

@Zeldafan79 Yeah Woolly World has really good music!

I'd say that's understating it. Woolly World has legitimately one of the greatest soundtracks in any Nintendo game ever.
I'm not even joking. I'd put it maybe 6th best Nintendo soundtrack.

1. Xenoblade 1
2. Xenoblade 2
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Mario Galaxy
5. Skyward Sword
6. Woolly World

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

1UP_MARIO

Yoshis wooly world does have brilliant music. I love

They are perfect on my created playlist, feels like they are both on the same album

Edit.
My lovely posters are here from Nintendo

Untitled

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

theJGG

@1UP_MARIO Awesome! Hope the posters do a better job of conveying the majesty of these games than than the eponymous 3D All Stars game...

Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation!
Switch: 6764-9521-9114 (TheJGG)
PSN: JedgamesGUY

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Ralizah

I appreciate the Woolly World love in this thread. I thought I was getting a variation on Kirby's Epic Yarn, but I ended up getting a legitimately great successor to Yoshi's Island. Really gutted that Crafted World ended up so mediocre in comparison.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

NintendoByNature

Crafted was awesome imo and all I hear is good things about WW. So ill have to grab it at some point down the road.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

Man, Galaxy is an awesome game. I never owned a Wii (was too cool for it lol), but dang I just can't help but smiling the whole time I'm playing it.

rallydefault

Snatcher

I'm at 100 stars on galaxy just 20 more!

Snatcher

Lindhardt

I liked Crafted World, but it wasn't as good as Wooly World. I really wish Good-Feel put the Wooly World and Epic Yarn ports on Switch instead of 3DS.
(Also, this song from Crafted World was the best in the game.)

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic