Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 3,202

Marioman2020

@Zeldafan79 Yes! The Unique enemies and powerups would make for a great remaster! Maybe then nintendo would remaster galaxy 2...

Favorite Games:
1.Super Mario 3D All-Stars
2. Smash Ultimate
3. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
4. Among us
5. Super Mario Maker 2
6. Super Mario Odyssey
7. Super Mario Bros. 2
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
9. Super Mario Bros. 35

1UP_MARIO

Untitled

Finally done.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

ToadBrigade

@1UP_MARIO Me too! Just finished yesterday. I was going to do a no-guide playthrough, but there were a few blue coins I just could not find. It’s crazy what the game expects you to try. I still love it nonetheless, especially since I changed up the order I played it this time. I’m kinda burnt out on Mario now, I’ll be starting something completely different today.

Hollow Knight for Smash!

1UP_MARIO

@ToadBrigade I 100% sunshine 3 times and I still find trouble with finding all blue coins in the game.

status-204

Gonna be honest, I've not played any of these games for more than an hour or two total. They just haven't aged well and Odyssey is just so much more fun in every way.

Switch FC: SW-4802-1501-8621

ToadBrigade

@1UP_MARIO A lot of the ones I needed to look up were just for spraying random objects. It would be acceptable if the game gave you some hint as to where they are! I’ve also beaten Sunshine many times, but this is only the second time I have completed it, and now I remember why.

Hollow Knight for Smash!

1UP_MARIO

@ToadBrigade exactly, first time I played it on the cube. I spent more time looking for the blue coins then the actual game.
I had to look up some on YouTube like spraying the trunk, spraying the sign board spraying something. I’m glad it’s over 😉

ToadBrigade

@1UP_MARIO I’m sure I’ll replay Sunshine many more times, but that’s the last time I’m completing it. It’s just not worth it.

Hollow Knight for Smash!

1UP_MARIO

@ToadBrigade yeah the 96 shines on it’s own is really enjoyable to complete. It’s a great game and the blue coins are extra but it’s a Mario game and I always try and 100% Mario games

Clyde_Radcliffe

@1UP_MARIO Congrats! I don't have the patience for some of the harder stars/shines unfortunately so I moved on from Mario 64 to Sunshine after completing it with 70 stars and will move on to Galaxy after seeing the Mario Sunshine ending.

I might still play some of the post completion missions from time to time but I think Super Mario World may remain the only Mario I've got 100%

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

@StuTwo "I suppose Sunshine was also a game made around the same time as TTYD which had a few things that pushed the PG boundary. And other Nintendo stuff on GameCube like Captain Rainbow"

And the first Animal Crossing where the villagers would call you things like fat, ugly and a mental case?! Not to mention all of the Kapp'n innuendo. Nintendo's writing was hilarious in the GameCube era and is sadly a bit more bland/safe these days... A sign of the times maybe with people being more easily offended now. I guess they could get away with more before social media (namely Twitter...)

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Beaucine

@status-204

Maybe you don't like the games much. That's fine. No need to bring time into the discussion. It gets blamed for everything.

I think all three are better than Odyssey.

Edited on by Beaucine

Beaucine

1UP_MARIO

@Clyde_Radcliffe thanks. Now super Mario world is harder to 100% I’m sure everyone will agree. Star world 😉

RR529

Completed the Trial Galaxies in Galaxy tonight. I don't think I did these back on Wii, or at the very least I didn't remember them (there were a few other galaxies I forgot about as well).

Surprisingly got through the Ray Surfing & "Monkey Ball" ones on my first try, but had to take quite a few tries on the electrified bubble maze (it's dependent on the pointer, which I've found I have to regularly recenter in this version, and the level's last gauntlet doesn't offer many chances to reorient yourself).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Don

@1UP_MARIO
Congratulations! I stopped at 74. I don’t think my blood pressure can take any more of raging at the platforming challenges and the game telling me “Too bad!” each time I make a mistake and fall off.

Don

toiletduck

I'm a few hours in Galaxy and it slowly comes back to me how amazing this game is. I love the diversity in levels, the way stars are purposefully presented (e.g. as opposed to many of SMO's 'randomly placed' moons), the controls, the way difficulty is handled, etc. Not to forget: the updated graphics hold up very well! I would even go as far as saying that it beats the looks of most non 1st party cartoonish 3D platformers out on Switch (or is that my overly optimistic Mario goggles?).

I love that I can play this game on Switch now. I'll probably go back to it many times through the coming years. I hope someday Galaxy 2 arrives as well, since I've never really played that back in the days.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Dezzy

1UP_MARIO wrote:

Untitled

There are 40 in the Delfino Plaza?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

I assume that includes all the blue coin shines (24 total).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Balta666

@RR529 interesting as I found the bubble one a breeze but deeply desliked the other two (but by far the challenge I liked the least is the boo maze purple coins!!)

Balta666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic