Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 3,108

Octane

Yeah, I've already beaten the games. This update is way too late. Besides, it not being on card only hurts the game in the long run. This won't ever be the definitive version of these games.

Octane

Snatcher

PLEASE nintendo give me galaxy 2 hell I will even buy it from you guys.

Among us plus sonic fan.

SM3DASislit

@TheFrenchiestFry
Okay, that makes sense and are reasonable.
I think the reason that Galaxy 2 isn't in the collection is because of the Yoshi pointer situation.
Also, I think the only reason that 2D All-Stars got four games was to bring The Lost Levels outside of Japan, otherwise I believe we would have probably just gotten 3 games in that collection as well.
My guess on the camera controls update is that they were thinking about implementing it, but then got slowed down by the pandemic, and had to cut it out to release it "on-time".

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. Also, if you haven't played it since launch, please give it another chance. 🤔

Octane

@Ninjalaislit People managed to get Galaxy 2 working on a dolphin emulator. If they can make it work (for free mind you), then surely Nintendo can.

Octane

1UP_MARIO

@Octane Nintendo can get galaxy 2 to work and it would work docked easily. The problem is playing it handheld mode. You would be controlling Mario on yoshi with the left analogue stick and aiming yoshis tongue with your right finger on the touch screen. Really uncomfortable and doesn’t feel natural.

Galaxy one works great but playing that handheld only is not the best experience.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Snatcher

@Octane @1UP_ I have said this before but I think they should have time slow down when ever you tap or totch the screen with yoshi.

Among us plus sonic fan.

1UP_MARIO

@Snatcher doesn’t sound like a good idea as when your on yoshi you still have to collect star bits with the pointer and control his tongue so that would just make the game unplayable.

Snatcher

@1UP_MARIO Do you want the game unplayable or do you want the game unplauable? (This is a joke LoL)

Among us plus sonic fan.

1UP_MARIO

@Snatcher only way I see galaxy 2 playable in my opinion is having it play docked. Even having the right stick mapped to the pointer would be really uncomfortable. Either way it’s all upto Nintendo to find a way and I hope they do

SM3DASislit

@Octane
I thought I heard something on that a while ago.
Does the "pointer" work well in Dolphin? I'm not that familiar with the emulation scene.
The Lost Levels theory is the theory that I believe in more.
The Yoshi one was more a secondary theory/issue that could be fixed.
Also, they might be test driving the "pointer" with Galaxy 1 to see if they would need to re-work for Galaxy 2. Other people have said that the pointer works but is kind of rough to use in handheld mode.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. Also, if you haven't played it since launch, please give it another chance. 🤔

Octane

@1UP_MARIO @Ninjalaislit No, there's support for regular controllers. Here's a random video I found, mind you, it's from three years ago, so it's not even the most recent version (and this one is already 4K and 60fps!). Yoshi works fine, especially since it already has a sort of auto-aim function. And you only really use him in a handful of levels. So I find the excuse a bit weak. Especially when you can still play it with gyro in tabletop and on the TV, so it's not like you can't play it the ''traditional way''.

Octane

SM3DASislit

@Octane
Interesting.
So, is it using the R Stick, motion/gyro controls, or something else?
I'm a little confused with what they're using for Yoshi.
That's why I said that I believe the Lost Levels theory that I posted about earlier more than the Yoshi theory, as they are probably trying to figure that out, especially if SMG 2 is coming to Switch.

1UP_MARIO

@Octane I can understand docked mode and tabletop mode as both are exactly the same method but how would you play handheld mode. How can you play in a Nintendo switch lite as the pointer is also yoshis tongue.

Octane

@Ninjalaislit @1UP_MARIO Right control stick, gyro, touch controls, just don't play it in handheld mode? Many options. It would be really silly if the only reason it wasn't on the collection was that some people would get upset that the handful of Yoshi levels couldn't be played in handheld, or required a different setup. Just play it on the TV, problem solved.

Octane

Snatcher

@1UP_MARIO I really think the right stick is the best way the go, and as for how you can control the camera just use the d-pad I really think it could work saying thats how you used to move it.

Among us plus sonic fan.

toiletduck

@Snatcher than don't buy the game if you own a Switch Lite. I agree with Octane. That's not enough of an excuse for Nintendo to skip the game altogether. I believe there's a few other games with Lite limitations, e.g. Mario Party.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Snatcher

@toiletduck Then just don't buy the game really??? there is a lot of people who want to play this game to thats just selfish.

Among us plus sonic fan.

Octane

@Snatcher Yeah, there's a lot of people who wanted to play Galaxy 2, but now they can't, because some can't adapt to a different control scheme on a Switch Lite?

You can still play in tabletop mode on Switch Lite. You can still use the right stick to control Yoshi, or touch controls, or gyro controls. Hey, maybe Nintendo should've included control mapping from the get-go. Just an idea.

Octane

toiletduck

@Snatcher not wanting the game to release at all for that reason is way more selfish than that - I hope you realize the irony of your comment? Availability for some is always better than for none in my book.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic