Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 3,125

Buizel

@Anti-Matter I suppose you've not seen this scene in Mario Sunshine, then? Sorry for the 19-year-old spoilers x_x

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

@timleon
But how could a human can have a baby of anthro reptile creature ? 😲
By magic or futuristic science technology ?
Bowser had some WooHoo with Peach in the past. Peach was not a virgin anymore. That was a juicy scandal. 😂

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@TeeJay YESYESYES. The cameras in all the 3D All Star games are flawed.

@timelon absolutely true. Sunshine’s always an outlier in comparison to other Mario games.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

Spoilers for Super Mario Sunshine.

The game's ending seals the deal about Bowser Jr. saying Peach is his mom. He literally said "I know, she's not really my mama..." And even before I beat it, I knew it wasn't the case, given the part where he shows his real self to Mario in Pinna Park. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioBrickLayer

I just beat Sunshine (60 shines), loved it. There are some flaws in the game, but it was really enjoyable, it brought back loads of memories, but i'd completely forgotten loads of it too.

I think Corona Mountain is easier that many people say, it's often listed as one of the hardest levels in the game in youtube videos, but there are loads I think are far tougher.

There are some fantastic ideas in this game (rollercoaster, harbour platforming, blooper racing, Manta storm, etc) and some which are really undercooked such as the Goopy Inferno (the floor is Lava), which is an amazing concept that was so under utilised, I would have made the entire level above ground with far more jumping and platforming.

With another 6-12 months of development, this could have been regarded as the best Mario game of all time, it's such a shame Nintendo had to rush it out.

MarioBrickLayer

Bolt_Strike

@MarioLover92
Well Bowser never actually said she wasn't, Bowser Jr. just thought that himself and Bowser didn't correct him. My headcanon is that it's true and Jr. heard it before he was old enough to handle it, either he overheard Bowser or Bowser accidentally let it slip. Then at the end of the story, Bowser realized he done goofed and tried to talk to him about it, but then Jr. thought Peach wasn't his mother and Bowser just went along with it. Conveniently, it does seem like a done deal to kids, who like Bowser Jr. would think it's been settled and no longer need to think about the disturbing idea of Bowser and Peach having a kid, but for adults that understand a bit more nuance, it's not quite as settled as it seems.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

jump

Considering how old Sunshine is and generally how light on story Mario games are I’m amazed people need to use spoilers for it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

I tried Mario Sunshine yesterday and the FLUDD control was a mess. 😑
It was very hard to aim the water blast smoothly onto target.
No lock on target, i think Ratchet & Clank PS2 games and Transformers Prime Wii U are still better in term of aiming target.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioBrickLayer

Anti-Matter wrote:

I tried Mario Sunshine yesterday and the FLUDD control was a mess. 😑
It was very hard to aim the water blast smoothly onto target.
No lock on target, i think Ratchet & Clank PS2 games and Transformers Prime Wii U are still better in term of aiming target.

It took me a while to get used to it again, but after half a dozen levels I found I had better control.

MarioBrickLayer

Clyde_Radcliffe

Bolt_Strike wrote:

@MarioLover92
Well Bowser never actually said she wasn't, Bowser Jr. just thought that himself and Bowser didn't correct him. My headcanon is that it's true and Jr. heard it before he was old enough to handle it, either he overheard Bowser or Bowser accidentally let it slip. Then at the end of the story, Bowser realized he done goofed and tried to talk to him about it, but then Jr. thought Peach wasn't his mother and Bowser just went along with it. Conveniently, it does seem like a done deal to kids, who like Bowser Jr. would think it's been settled and no longer need to think about the disturbing idea of Bowser and Peach having a kid, but for adults that understand a bit more nuance, it's not quite as settled as it seems.

I always thought Bowser just made it up in order to trick Bowser Jr into believing Mario was an evil man who kept kidnapping his mother. And Bowser Jr actually thought he was doing a good thing and trying to save his mother which is kind of sad...

But imagine if your theory was correct and Bowser was the good guy for all these years since SMB and Mario the kidnapper! It would be the biggest plot twist in history if the cruel Mario who abused Donkey Kong in DK Junior was the real Mario all along!

Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Bolt_Strike wrote:

@MarioLover92

I always thought Bowser just made it up in order to trick Bowser Jr into believing Mario was an evil man who kept kidnapping his mother. And Bowser Jr actually thought he was doing a good thing and trying to save his mother which is kind of sad...

But imagine if your theory was correct and everything Bowser told Jr was true, it would mean Bowser was the good guy for all these years since SMB and Mario the kidnapper! It would be the biggest plot twist in history if the cruel Mario who abused Donkey Kong in DK Junior was the real Mario all along!

Clyde_Radcliffe

rallydefault

@korosanbo
For me it was the opposite, actually. Galaxy, Sunshine, and 64 all control more as I expect and Odyssey feels weird to me.

I really can't explain it lol I didn't even own a Gamecube or Wii, but I did play a TON of 64 back in the day.

rallydefault

Anti-Matter

My honest opinion, Ratchet & Clank PS2 games >>>>> Mario Sunshine in term of graphics, fps, control schemes and storyline. Remember, PS2 was underpowered by Gamecube but Ratchet & Clank PS2 games (except Size Matters the port from PSP) has way much better performances (60 fps) than Mario Sunshine (30 fps).

Anti-Matter

Clyde_Radcliffe

korosanbo wrote:

I'm currently playing through Galaxy again (I actually only got the collection for Galaxy, can't stand Sunshine and never cared for 64)
And I have to say I find Galaxy underwhelming, I remember loving this game on the Wii, but after playing Odyssey, it's hard to go back to Galaxy.
I feel like the controls a bit off (what's with the random running in circles) and the camera not that great.
I find myself struggling a lot more in parts that I don't even remember having issues with on Wii.
Is it because I'm using a pro controller which feels different to using a Wiimote + nunchuck on the Wii or maybe the game hasn't aged that well?
Does anyone else feel the same?

I played Galaxy for the first time in the collection and found it to be by far my least favourite 3D Mario. Didn't care for the controls that felt floaty and slow, nor the small, linear levels with little exploration. Collecting the starbits became tedious and didn't like the hub nearly as much as 64 and Sunshine. I completed it but it was a real chore to get through. The amazing soundtrack was by far the best thing about it for me.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

1UP_MARIO

Galaxy 1 is a good game, it’s the easiest 3d Mario but galaxy 2 is on another level good. I’d put it high as 64.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Clyde_Radcliffe

1UP_MARIO wrote:

Galaxy 1 is a good game, it’s the easiest 3d Mario but galaxy 2 is on another level good. I’d put it high as 64.

What did you like better about Galaxy 2 than Galaxy 1? Curious how they're different to one another.

Clyde_Radcliffe

jump

They are both great but I'd rate Galaxy 1 over 2 simply as the hub world is rally nice compared to 2s and Rosalina adds alot to it too. Also Yoshi's addition isn't as good as I'd like him to be.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

1UP_MARIO

@Clyde_Radcliffe its more challenging. Better platforming levels. Better level designs. Looks better overall. Cloud Mario is a great power up. Yoshi

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

jedgamesguy

@1UP_MARIO I'd love to play Galaxy 2, I never even played Galaxy until All-Stars came out.

Shame I'll only be able to do so by breaking the law.

The things I do for you, Nintendo!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@TheJGG You could just buy a Wii or Wii U if you don't want to risk breaking the law ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic