Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 541 to 560 of 726

rallydefault

@Nintendofantendo
Hrm.

Can't you just save and quit, and when you jump back in it'll put you at the last entrance/exit you used? (I've just been suspending my Switch every time, so I haven't actually saved and quit yet)

Edited on by Eel

rallydefault

Nintendofantendo

No, I tried that. All it did was put me right back on that little island.

Nintendofantendo

Nintendofantendo

@rallydefault @Galenmereth the earlier save was autosaved on the island, and I tried to do a save and quit as mentioned above in hopes it would return me to the last entrance, but it just put me right back on the island.

Nintendofantendo

Eel

Maybe just try jumping out in the same way you jumped in. You probably can do it. Just try and try and try until it happens.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nintendofantendo

I've been trying. And the thing is like I've even landed right on the edge, but he automatically falls back into the water. I really don't feel like starting a new game. There has to be a work around or a glitch.

Nintendofantendo

Snadertjuh

I am not that fan of 2D Zelda games as I am for 3D Zelda games but I gave alttp a try last weeks when SNES online came out. I really liked it and already put many hours in it.

But, I was not in time to clear it before LA came out. I am currently finishing the second dungeon. I really like the graphics, the gameplay and the music but the framedrops....seriously? For a 2D game it really frustrates me a lot.

Botw framerate drops at the Great Deku Tree, acceptable. But everywhere in a 2D Zelda game? I don't like playing it this way.

Please Nintendo fix it!

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

LzWinky

I haven’t noticed any frame drops at all. It doesn’t seem to be too taxing on the Switch either

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Quarth

@LzWinky I've noticed some frame drops, but they are not game breaking, at least so far.

Just got the Angler Key in Yarna Desert. I really love this game!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Anti-Matter

LzWinky wrote:

I haven’t noticed any frame drops at all. It doesn’t seem to be too taxing on the Switch either

I found a video about comparison between Docked and Handheld mode.

Anti-Matter

Toy_Link

Interesting how the bra/necklace censorship is now universal.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Nintendofantendo

Guys oh my God I finally did it I got free of the island. Oh my God oh my God oh my God I thought I was going to have to start a new game and it kept drowning me even after touching the edge of the other island. But I finally made it back. Omg. Never making that mistake again.

Edited on by Eel

Nintendofantendo

Zeldafan79

Hey just curious, Who here would buy a Two pack Zelda OOT/MM collection for switch? You know just bundle both recent 3ds remakes in one cart and charge maybe 40 dollars. I'd be up for that!

Also can they go ahead and HDify Skyward sword and port over WW HD and TP HD to switch while they're at it. I mean who's gonna want to bust out their Wii U anymore to play those again right? Do it Nintendo!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Zeldafan79

Sounds like it compliments the original but doesn't replace it. Does a few things better, some things worse. That ending on the original game was quite impactful to me personally. I legit had tears in my eyes and goose bumps. I sorta saw it coming but still i was like wow! Despite how this may not have the impact the original did I'm still glad it's being introduced to a new generation of fans. Who knows maybe it will even inspire a few to try out the original.

Now who's ready for the Zelda 2 remake? Come on it needs it and the game deserves a second chance!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

DenDen

@Galenmereth
We dont often agree and again we dont, BUT I respect your opinion and it was a pleasant read!
Can also understand why you think about it this way

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

rallydefault

@Galenmereth
Did you get all the shells and collectibles? Do you plan on going through in Hero Mode? Thank you for sharing your final thoughts.

rallydefault

Octane

Wait, is that the Snowpeak Temple theme in Chef Bear's house?

Octane

rallydefault

@Galenmereth
It's ok to have differing opinions! I respect your opinion, I just differ. I really like the art style, actually. Even when I was an 8-year-old kid, it was pretty obvious to me what was going on with the island. Dialogue from a lot of people/bosses/owl really clues you in pretty early. It was also weird/trippy/indicative with all the crazy stuff that doesn't belong there: Bowwow, Yoshi doll, goombas, shy guys, etc. So I don't think the art style does anything more to "give away" the ending than the game already does in other ways. The framerate is my biggest complaint. I REALLY hope they send out some patches soon. Oh, I do agree with you for some of the music. Some of the stuff is MUCH worse than the original, but some are a little better. (I like Marin's singing of the song, for instance, but I HATE the way you play it on the ocarina.)

I'm nearly finished my first run, and I'm going to do exactly what you're doing: hero mode no death while trying to gather everything.

I will admit I got a game over in normal mode lol It was in the Dream Shrine before I remembered to just dash through the creatures. I was trying to charge my sword while facing away, luring them, swinging, and then moving on all while trying to not fall through the pits. Something crazy happened and I got knocked between two enemies and I quickly died lol

rallydefault

Eel

Ya know, now that they moved the games in their official timeline, if they were to remake the Oracle games it would be really nice to see some references to Links Awakening in them.

Though I won’t hold my breath, since the mere fact they were made by Capcom probably means they’ll never remake them. They’re rarely referenced already, besides the symbols of the songs on the harp of ages, which they repurposed for the goddesses in later games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic