Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 721 to 726 of 726

RR529

@rjejr, in regards to the "display pieces" you say you haven't found, I assume you're probably referring to the figures you can win in the crane game in town, which I believe are displayed in the various houses once you win them.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

toiletduck

@rjejr I didn't mean to raise an argument or anything, I just wanted to add my 2cts to the dialogue in case people would expect some kind of LA clone in TT2 after your initial comment on the topic, that's all. No unfriendly intentions at all

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

rjejr

@RR529 "display pieces" Yeah, probably those. I beat the final boss last night - saw the credits - but the only display item I won in the crane game was the Ciao-Ciao, a little bow-wow w/ a pink ribbon. And it stayed w/ me, never saw it displayed anywhere. Though I didn't play the crane game all that much. The physics worked really well and I enjoyed it, but spending rupies to win rupies seemed kinda stupid, and the bombs were cheaper to buy. If there were always cute toys to win, I would have played it non-stop. I stopped fishing as well after I got the fairy bottle, didn't seem worth the effort. I'm not a completionist, just a finalist, as in see the final credits. Thanks for the info though, always like a mystery solved.

@toiletduck Yeah, rereading it my tone didn't come across very well. I think "Tetris" set me off as I hate Tetris.

Moving on...

Thanks everyone for all the help, as I said earlier beat the final boss last night after a 3 hour level 8 dungeon. Not sure how long the entire game took since my Switch said "You started playing this game 9 days ago." - Gee, thanks Nintendo - but I'd say about 25 hours. 2 of which were extra for the first dungeon b/c I didn't know to kill the shy guys w/ the circle sword move, whatever you call it, I don't think I ever used it again after that, takes too long to load. I know its' a staple Link move but even the other Zelda games I played I don't think I use it much. I just spent 150 hour splaying The Witcher 3 before this and never used the "heavy" attack either, too slow.

Game was good, I can see why people like it. Though possibly only b/c I borrowed it from the library and didn't pay for it. I just wanted something colorful to play between the 150 hours of TW3 I just finished and "Tomb Raider 3: Shadow of" I'm going to start next. I thought those 2 games back to back would be too much brown for my liking. I play PS4 games for the action and story, Nintendo games for the color palette, nobody else really does the red-green-blue thing. Looking forward to Zelda BotW 2, which I'm hoping is nothing like Link's Awakening. Well except the color palette.

Oh, and anybody wanting to test their joy-con drift, the tile rollers in level 8 will let you know how bad it is. After several frustrating attempts I was going to borrow my sons Pro controller but he was using it to play Hades on PC. Hades is insane. So that part - I think there were 3 of them - took way longer than it should have. Stupid Joycon drift.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rallydefault

@rjejr
You never got to the overworld in Tetris? Psshhhh. Amateur lol It was a hyperbole, dude, relax.
My point was that I just don't consider games with a couple things in common to be that similar, usually. Like... hrm... BotW, as much as I don't like it, isn't Assassin's Creed just because it has a map with icons.

rallydefault

rjejr

@rallydefault I haven't played any of the AC games b/c I tried the first one and the stealth kill aspect really wasn't doing it for me. My understanding is the newer games - Greece, Egypt and Norse - are a little more similar to BotW though, being more open world. I don't think anyone is confusing one for the other, but "open world" is a genre for a reason, and if a game is in that genre, well it's kind of by default in that genre.

I'd put Tetris w/ Dr. Mario if you want to compare Tetris to a Nintendo game.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rallydefault

@rjejr
Interesting. You say open world is a genre of its own?

Would you consider Link's Awakening "open world"? Why or why not?

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic