Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 601 to 620 of 643

Tasuki

So I.just started the game and I found an 8bit Coin. Now I saw that you can craft a weapon from it but I am just overwhelmed but all the choices. So does anyone have any suggestions on which weapon I should get? If you can please leave an explanation as to why I should get that weapon as that will help me out alot in my decision.

Thanks.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

wyzau

still waiting for THE switch patch

wyzau

Zuljaras

@Tasuki I almost always use 2-hand weapons in CV games so that is why I crafted the Blue Rose or something like that in Bloodstained.

Also it is nice for the last boss because the over-head attacks make it easy to hit him.

Magician

Sure, earlier this afternoon I complain that I haven't gotten notification for my Kickstarter physical rewards. Then I get home from work and see an email that my physical rewards are preparing to ship.

Can't wait.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Well it took a while, but today I finally had my $150 Dark Grimoire backer kit fulfilled. Pin set, keychain, stickers, artbook, poster, soundtrack, and collectors box. Quality of the overall package is a mixed bag. The artbook, pin set, keychain,and soundtrack are great. The poster and stickers are alright.

However, the collectors box is downright chintzy. I've got several standard edition games that have better boxes for shelf display than this disgrace of a box. All in all, I feel as though I received $80-worth of backer exclusive stuff for my $150. Never mind that I'm still waiting for the November patch before I play Bloodstained for the first time.

Do I have buyers remorse? A little bit, yeah. As I've said before, I'll never back another crowd funded game again. At least this experience isn't as bad as the Star Citizen Kickscam. Will those backers ever get to play that game in its entirety?

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

darkfenrir

@Magician Personally think that some crowd funded game is alright (Tbh the most problem I have with most of them are... they are often delayed, but as long as the devs do talk to the community, it's a pretty superb still)

I'm following Idol Manager and Monster Crown, the two games I backed and so far the devs are super responsive to the backers and feedback! Granted I only backed the lowest tier where I only get the game digitally, but I'm just chipping in that please reconsider on the full stance and see how it is before condemning everything I guess, it's understandable though.

darkfenrir

Ralizah

One of the big patches that is supposed to sort out issues with the Switch version of this game is live.

I sold my copy, so I'm curious about impressions from people who played it in its pre-patched state.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

belmont

@Ralizah From a quick test: load times are vastly better, the input lag more or less was patched, graphics still bad. For the overall performance I need to play more to be sure.

belmont

Ralizah

@belmont Nice. Input lag is what I was most worried about.

belmont

OK so it turns out that the performance was not improved marginally if at all. The character models sometimes look sharper sometimes pixelated.

The input lag is gone and the loading times are very much improved.
I still can't recommend this version having played most of them. It is better than the shipped version. I think they can fix it but I don't know if the there is still that much of demand for it.

belmont

Magician

Any news on if updates will continue to be rolled out, or is 1.03 the end of it?

Edit: Never mind; according to update post 100 on the Kickstater page, update 1.04 promises more improvements.

Edited on by Magician

Ralizah

@belmont I take "performance" to mean framerate. Obviously they won't target 60fps, but a solid 30fps is fine, too.

I enjoyed the PC version of this well enough, but, if I'm being honest, the disgraceful Switch port (which ended up being the version most people experienced, lol) has put me off any future games from this developer for the time being. Small issues that didn't crop up in playtesting is one thing. Underwhelming performance in one area or another can also be forgiven, since not every developer is going to be equally adept at working the hardware. To have a version with THIS many issues, though, indicates that there was likely no playtesting at all. They just shipped out whatever mess of a game was cobbled together at launch and hoped that this issue would resolve itself.

It's especially ironic after Igarashi and Co. marketed themselves heavily as being pro-consumer. That kind of pandering only works if you're ACTUALLY pro-consumer, though.

Saber Interactive and CDProjektRed could oversee the production of a Switch version of a game that still manages to perform decently despite being vastly more demanding, but Igarashi and whoever he farmed this port out to couldn't manage to get a 2.5D sidescroller working properly on the same hardware. Pathetic.

Edited on by Ralizah

belmont

@Ralizah By performance I mean framerate and loading times. The framerate is well bad in most areas. The character models look like lifeless upscaled 3ds images.

I tried the game some more. If you lose and load or change areas loadtimes are still an issue imho. Being one of the first backers I took a close look in the development. They promised things that seemed impossible like porting game engines (!) in the Wii U and PS Vita and giving them open source to other developers! I also saw the critisism in older builds etc.

In the end of the day I really love this game. I love the setting, the characters, the battle system, the crafting. It is one of my favourite games of this generation but I played on PS4 Pro and on an average laptop. Apart from some framerate dips there was no problem in the game. The Switch version came later in the development cycle after they ditched the Wii U and Vita ports and had less time to make it. They could just delay it if the backers agreed, I most certainly would agree to delay the Switch port to polish it if they made a poll about it.

belmont

CanisWolfred

The game's still pretty choppy at times, especially the further in you go. The clockwork area was nearly unplayable. I was having a great time up to that point, though. This does have the makings of a great game, they just need to optimize it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GameOtaku

For what the game was at launch its not really all that bad. I managed to complete the game in a few weeks of launch.

GameOtaku

EvilLucario

Is input lag really gone? It kinda still felt crappy compared to PC. I did another comparison between 30fps limit on PC and 1.04, and Switch still felt worse.

Idk, maybe I need to try it again but honestly play the game on PC if you can. Every console has some sort of trouble here, so PC can completely solve that issue with instant load times and unlocked framerates beyond 60fps.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

EvilLucario wrote:

Is input lag really gone? It kinda still felt crappy compared to PC. I did another comparison between 30fps limit on PC and 1.04, and Switch still felt worse.

Idk, maybe I need to try it again but honestly play the game on PC if you can. Every console has some sort of trouble here, so PC can completely solve that issue with instant load times and unlocked framerates beyond 60fps.

It's still there in some areas, I guess? Or maybe that's just regular lag, since they also do that in those specific places. Like the outdoor parts of the clockwork tower.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bucky

The game is on sale at Gamestop for $17 dollars today, so I finally pulled the trigger

Edited on by Bucky

Bucky

NintendoByNature

I really need to start remembering this new game stop sales thing. @Bucky when is it? Wednesdays and Saturdays or something?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic