Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 581 to 600 of 643

CanisWolfred

Stat changes are also easier to do compared to optimization or identifying and fixing bugs & crashes, so I'm really not surprised to see that the first patch touches on those.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BougieBeetle

Damn, that's a bummer. Guess I'll just have to jump back in and deal with the crashing for now. Or wait a month or two.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

leathco

Of course they nerf Welcome Company, the shard I use the most to bail me out of bad situations.

leathco

NintendoByNature

Surprisingly I haven't had many issues as of late..no crashes since the first day. I got to the tower ( winding one with all the enemies), and barely if any slow down. Aside from the downgrade graphically on Miriam and the npcs it's still playable on switch. And im having a decent time. Wouldn't have minded seeing how it is on another console though

NintendoByNature

Dpullam

One good thing amount my negligence to play most games, is all the bugs get kinked out before I get around to purchasing them. And if the developer shows no intention of fixing them, then I show no intention of purchasing them with my hard earned dollars. This looks like a developer that wants to make things right. At least, as good as they are able.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

NintendoByNature

So I'm about 32-33% thru the map and just beat the first boss in the lab after the train. About 4:45 min in. Would you guys say im far off from where I should be with the amount of time i put in or am i fairly on track? I usually struggle with Metroidvanias which is why I'm asking if I'm doing well up to this point

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Everyone plays games like this at their own pace.

How has the stability been since that rough first day?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah it's actually been fine. Some slow down here and there but not alot. I've had zero crashes since day 1. The only thing that is unfortunate is the texture of Miriam and the npcs.. the background looks awesome. Now I'm sure side by side compared to ps4 xb or pc it looks bad but having only played the switch version it looks really good to me. Im beginning to think the bad rep the switch version got was a little over blown. Are there issues? Yes, And prob more than other consoles for this game. But by no means while I'm playing it can i say it's unplayable and you should skip it.

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

@NintendoByNature Not doing too bad. I beat the game within 10 or so hours (but not 100%) but I've also been playing Metroidvanias all my life so I know all of their idiosyncrasies. And it's not like that mattered for me because I immediately went back for a second and even third playthrough, so yeah.

I am happy that you're still enjoying the game despite the Switch version, but as someone who owns it both on PC and Switch, I personally cannot enjoy the Switch version because of the heavy input lag. Graphics are whatever, but the input lag alone is terrible. But I have a friend who swears he can't feel it, so Idk.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@EvilLucario cool thanks. I feel like I'm making great progress. Got the double jump, defeated the two headed dragon, the train boss, the " giant hand" boss and most recently as i said, the lab boss. So I feel proud of myself thus far as i usually get lost in games like this.

That's one thing i haven't noticed in all honesty, the input lag. I read a ton of stuff about people experiencing it. I bet if i tried ps4 XB or pc I would notice it more. But im guessing I got used to it and wouldn't know the difference

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Struggling pretty badly with the final boss in the game( bael that is ). Not having much difficulty with the boss prior. Can actually beat the 2nd to last boss with only taking a couple hits of damage. But for whatever reason, bael is giving me trouble. I've been trying for about 2 hours. What shards, weapon and technique is best to use? And what level should i be at? Thanks in advance for the advice

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Have you beaten Bael yet?

If you're struggling too much, I recommend cooking a bunch of food to eat when he hits you, reversing the screen, and then just begin the process of tedious hacking away at Bael's health. Something that passively inflicts damage like Welcome Company might also help.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah not yet. Tried another few hours last night and an hour during lunch yesterday. Granted, a good majority of last night I started grinding for xp. You can farm right near the boss stage and all of those enemies give you good xp. I think I was pretty under leveled because i was only at 36. I'm now at 41 and I can take down Dominique pretty quickly. But after I leveled up at 41 last night I still lost to bael and I slashed the hell outta him for a while when he stopped twice. And once was even the head you know who was on. It felt like i was pretty close to beating him though. So during lunch today, I'm going to level up to 42 and try again. I'll continue on this path until I finish the game. Just kinda feels crappy the rest of the game was relatively easy( but super fun), and ive hit this roadblock that's taken up at least 5 to 6 hours of my time. I always have welcome company equipped too 😊

Edit: I have tons of cookies/omelettes etc, plus 5 high red potion and 9 regular

NintendoByNature

Magician

So August has come and gone, still no word on physical rewards for backers over $60.

I'm reasonably upset.

Guaranteed I'll never back another Kickstarter campaign ever again.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

Well hopefully it'll have fallen in price by the time they patch it all. I wanted to play this on Switch but I'm not going to if it's heavily inferior to PS4.

Honestly if Squenix can get a really advanced game like DQ11 looking incredibly similar to the PS4 version, I'd kinda hope a 2D game could manage the same.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic