Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 621 to 640 of 643

Magician

Update 1.04 expected sometime in January.

I still haven't fired the game up yet in anticipation of this update.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Update 1.10 just went live in Murica.

The Zangetsu update.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

Heh, I've just replayed it on Steam for that ..... Will come back to try him sometime

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

So how is the Switch performance at this point in time? I still haven't played it at all so wanna know which console to go for when I do?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DenDen

Tnx going to try this one again with the new weapon!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

rallydefault

Dezzy wrote:

So how is the Switch performance at this point in time? I still haven't played it at all so wanna know which console to go for when I do?

Also looking for this answer.

rallydefault

JaxonH

rallydefault wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Also looking for this answer.

I just started a new game, got up to the first boss, made into the castle base where you can craft. So I haven’t played that much but, so far so good. The input lag from when it first released is gone. Framerate seemed fine (and I do remember seeing some slight stutters when the game first launched but I’m not sure if it’s fixed due to this update or a previous update because I really haven’t come back to the game until now).

But ya. It seems fine.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DenDen

Game plays a lot smoother now, never had a problem with it in the first place, but its better now

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Magician

@rallydefault - even after multiple patches, the game still has a degree of sloppiness. Frame rate stuttering, intermittent loading screens, input lag, etc. It makes the overall experience feel slightly marred. This game could have been something special.

As it stands, it's a good-but-not-great metroidvania.

NintendoByNature

After about a year since I played thru it, I popped it in and downloaded the update. Before I get xc:De I'll play a little of this with zengetsu.

NintendoByNature

DenDen

@NintendoByNature very Nice!!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

NintendoByNature

Played a good 40 min of the latest update. Looks a little better, seems to run a little better. My biggest gripe is I can't start as zengetsu out of the gates even though I already beat the game last year.

NintendoByNature

Magician

18 hours, finally rolled the credits. I'm still miffed by the quality of the Switch port. Beautiful art design, sublime music, extensive player customization, loads of content, generous post-patching DLC. All marred by a port that arrived as an afterthought. I can only lament what this game could've been if Switch was the target platform for the game'sdevelopment.

7/10

Bring on Curse of the Moon 2!

mcdreamer

I never quite managed to get into this game. I couldn't get the first boss rather pathetically.

The Curse of the Moon games look more fun to me in general. Very tempted to pick up the first and possibly the second.

mcdreamer

NintendoByNature

@mcdreamer I loved both RotN and CotM. Just very different styles..go grab curse since 2 drops tomorrow. If you like castlevania 1 or 3, you'll love curse 1

NintendoByNature

mcdreamer

@NintendoByNature I've never really tried any of the Castlevania games, outside of the one on the SNES mini. I'm sure you're right that I would like Curse though as I was really into all kinds of platformers back in the 90s.

mcdreamer

NintendoByNature

Give it a shot. Its inexpensive and a great time. Curse 2 is highly anticipated for me. I can't wait for tomorrow.

NintendoByNature

Quarth

A webstore here in Sweden sells a lot of imports and even has some LRG titles, so I grabbed Curse of the Moon, and wow! Great game! Brings back memories of the old NES Castlevanias, but with added casual mode if one, like myself, sucks at those games. This is retro inspired done right!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic