Forums

Topic: Hollow Knight

Posts 161 to 180 of 190

Krull

@GyroZeppeli Not sure how many times I died against Nightmare King Grimm. It was a lot. Like a LOT. You will eventually get used to the patterns, though. Just hang back a bit for the projectiles, and get ready for a low jump and shadow burst through, and it’s actually one of the best opportunities to get in a few hits.

Hang in there. Eventually it’ll click and you’ll barely be getting hit at all.

Now Grey Prince Zote, on the other hand? I did the bare minimum on him - he is a beast.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

KoopaTrooper

@Krull The thing about Grey Prince is you can beat him multiple times and each time his health and damage will increase. Plus another description is added to the list. Like Zote the Powerful, Magnificent etc

@170GyroZeppeli Nightmare Grimm is definitely one of the toughest bosses in the game. I've still yet to beat him. Eventually got tired of trying and moved on, but plan to give it another go. He's just so fast and even a moments hesitation dodging his attacks can cost you dearly.

KoopaTrooper

NintendoByNature

I've kind of hit a wall with this game at this point. Not sure where to go now. I've been playing this game on and off for 6 months because its easy to get stumped on what to do next so I eventually give up for a few weeks.

NintendoByNature

Krull

@nintendobynature There's no shame in consulting a FAQ... I mostly found my own way, but I did hit a wall a couple of times. Also, i doubt I would have had any idea about unlocking the true ending without a couple of pointers.

It's to the game's credit that you can look up where to go next, and it in no way - at least IMHO - lessens the experience. Those bosses aren't going to fight themselves...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

NintendoByNature

Yea thank you i appreciate it. I'll sometimes consult with a walk through on YouTube but this isn't one of those games you can do that with since there's no one way to play thru the game. You know what I mean? Either way I'll just play little by little

NintendoByNature

GeoChrome

@nintendobynature Do you know where you are in the game? I had quite a bit of trouble getting far for a while, but then I got more upgrades and charms so it was a piece of cake.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

NintendoByNature

@GyroZeppeli the next time i play it, ill let you know. At this point I'm revisiting old areas from earlier in my play thru since i can't figure out where to go

NintendoByNature

OorWullie

I'm 45 hours in and still discovering new areas. I know there are still at least 2 more to discover as I had to look up how to get past those damn black barriers.I'm currently fighting Uumuu the electric jellyfish which I'm finding a little frustrating. Just like all the other bosses before it though, I'll persevere and slay the beast.

Off the top of my head I need to find 2 pale ores, 4 grubs, 11 charms, 2 Dreamers.

I already can't wait to play Silksong.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

NintendoByNature

@GyroZeppeli so I'm back In the greenpath part of the map. But i was there a while ago and I've circled back since i wasn't sure where to go. I did however find a boss in the area I didn't see before. It's the two identical bosses that shoot hatchlings and fire balls. Tried quite a few times to beat them but I kept dying so i gave up again.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

I bought this a few months ago, but like some of you guys said, I ended up taking huge breaks because I'd hit a wall (or buy a game like Smash lol).

Anyway, have been back into it pretty hardcore for the last week now. Still only about 10 hours in (don't get to play much these days), but steadily progressing and having fun. Just found my way into the City of Tears and upgraded the needle (wish I would have upgraded before beating the Mantis Lords - would have been much easier lol). Beat the Soul boss at the top of the city, now need to go down to the bottom and see what's there.

It's seriously a great game. Really does remind me of some Castlevanias on my GBA back in the day. I wouldn't call it a straight-up platformer, though. The wall jumping and flying do add that element from time to time, but I would honestly say it's a bit heavier on combat and just mental map-making and memorization haha. But so far very few areas that tested my platforming skills to any meaningful degree.

rallydefault

GeoChrome

@nintendobynature What have you bought in the shop? Most of the stuff there, such as extra life points, soul capacity, and charms can really help. Other than that, memorization is key during the entire game. If you find the pattern, you’ll find the weak point.
@rallydefault The platforming difficulty is way higher than what I have ever experienced. I think I had about 5 deaths in the Path of Pain before actually making significant progress. Other than that, I recommend at least trying to get 100% completion. It’s definitely a challenge, but the journey is so satisfying.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Bunkerneath

Just got an email checking my address from Fangamer, hmmm I wonder if they don't recognise Guernsey as Europe so going to get my version at the same time as US???

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Zuljaras

Guy here is some info on the physical edition:
"As you’ve noticed, a slightly older copy of Hollow Knight was printed to the first batch of Nintendo Switch game cards due to a logistical error. While the game is fully playable and includes 3 of the 4 DLCs, a free 1.7GB update must be downloaded to access the 4th DLC pack, “Godmaster”. We’re sorry for the disappointment.
The next print run of the game will have the 4th DLC included on the card itself. We cannot yet say for sure when this batch of games will be available, though we anticipate sometime around August.
•If you bought from Fangamer and would like to return your copy, we can offer you a full refund. Alternately, if you’d like to exchange for one of the updated game cards, please let us know and we’ll send you a one-time email notification when the new cards are available for exchange.

• If you bought your game from a North American retailer, you can hang on to the game and your receipt; in the future we will offer the ability to exchange a copy for one with the patch included. Please let us know and we’ll send you a one-time email notification when the new cards are available for exchange.
  • If you have preordered your game from a European retailer, you can cancel your preorder (as the game is not yet released) and wait for the next run of games to hit shelves.
    If you have any questions, please let us know."

I told my retailer that I will wait couple of months for the complete cartridge instead of the current one. They still hold my money of the pre-order and I have to wait for some news on the new batch of cartridges

Zuljaras

Ha guy I got scammed by my own retailer

They told me the version they sent me was the cartridge that got all DLC on it. I put it in my Switch today and it was the one that is misprinted and only got 3 of the DLCs on it. Now I can't even return it because I opened it (that is the policy here, if you open a game you can't return it)!

Sad day

Nickyjj95

is there a physical for this game

Nickyjj95

Quarth

@Nickyjj95 @Bunkerneath I think you can buy it in regular stores as well, at least in Europe. That's what I did here in Sweden.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Zuljaras

Yesterday I found the new re-printed cartridge in ebay from an UK seller. Today I will sell my old copy to get the complete one. I am still bitter that I have spent so much money because Fangamer messed up on the cartridge printing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic