Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,049

Heavyarms55

@BougieBeetle The fact that I sold the Path of Radiance when I was a kid is something I am still kicking myself in the butt over. I have never been able to find it again at a reasonable price. Everywhere I have seen it, unless it's a scratched up loose disk, it is like 80 dollars. And I though I wanted the Radiant Dawn, I distinctly remember never being able to find it new. And my town at one point had four Game Stops, a Best Buy, Target, Meijer, Toys R Us, and a few music stores with game sections. I think I saw one copy, used, once for like 70 dollars. Haven't looked recently but I doubt its really gone down at all. Neither game has ever seen even a digital re-release to my knowledge.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JaxonH

I bought every Fire Emblem game sealed about 5 years back, and so glad I did. Of course, I just play Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn on GPD Win 2 on Dolphin, and the rest on 3DS since I have 13 separate FE titles playable on my 3DS in English. I do recommend both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, if you can obtain them. Excellent games.

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

For me I play the main series games on these platforms:
Wii - PoR (backwards compatibility)
Wii U - RD (backwards compatibility), 7 (VC), Sacred Stones (VC), Shadow Dragon (VC)
3DS - Awakening, Fates, Echoes
Switch - Three Houses (when I get it)

With Nintendo's collection of retro games being very poor on Switch, Wii U's going to pretty much be in rotation until it breaks.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Nintendont is a homebrew application that runs in the background and makes GameCube fully BC in Wii mode on the Wii U. Any backup loader will then run both Wii and GameCube from the SD card. Pop a 256gb in there and it’ll hold every GC/Wii game in your collection.

Of course, I would only advocate after purchasing, but if you do purchase it and just don’t have a viable way to play it, I would say this is a viable and much more convenient way to play. Also outputs in 1080p, and looks gorgeous as a result.

PSA: Fire Emblem Three Houses, I am proud to announce, is now the #1 Best Seller in Video Games on Amazon. It’s been hanging at the #2 spot for several days, and top 10 for at least a month back (barring the Prime Day interruption), but it is now officially the best seller in video games on the largest online retail website in the world... and it’s still 2 days away from launch.

This game is gonna smash. 3-5 million copies sold by the end of the generation, easily. And that means the next game, is going to be even bigger. Bigger budget, bigger scope, better graphics, just all around bigger and better. The franchise is on a hot streak and over the last five years has steadily blown up more and more in popularity. We can already see the benefits of its 3DS success in this much higher budget Switch entry. I’m already getting excited at the prospect of Fire Emblem 17 in 2021.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Matroska

@JaxonH I got to a part where I know how grinding works. After the first 2 battles, right before the 3rd one, it introduces what are called auxiliary maps. They don't move time forwards but they take up like "battle points", for want of a better word. You only have 1 battle point at first, they refresh after some time has passed. However on Normal Mode some of them cost 0 points to do so you can repeat them infinitely.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

JaxonH

@Matroska
Gotchya. Ya I’d heard Normal mode had skirmishes you could grind infinitely, whereas Hard made you spend points which are used for side activities. This is where the XP/Gold DLC maps would come in handy. But alas, we have no such maps at launch.

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Update 1.0.1 is out now.

The game isn't even out yet!??

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy A cool thing about the Switch is if you buy DLC before you buy a game you can check for updates and it'll download any updates so when you get the game you can just start straight away.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Matroska

@Dezzy It's been out since Monday both in terms of shops selling it early, then the consequent uploads of pirate copies. I got an early copy from an independent game shop down the road from me. Love it so far.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

Heavyarms55

@Matroska Don't retailers risk their own supply and even legal action for breaking street date like that? I have heard that studios will stop shipping to stores that don't respect street date.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

Well I'm gonna wait for the review before buying I think. Can't imagine it being bad, but I have a principle of never preordering.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

alpacatears

I'm so freaking excited for this. I know that I'm gonna be furiously refreshing the game icon to see if I can play as it gets closer to midnight.

alpacatears

JaxonH

T minus 19 hours.

It's the home stretch ladies and gentlemen. We're there.

Ralizah

This has better unlock at midnight...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Matroska

@Heavyarms55 It's extremely common for it to happen, SSBU came out 1-2 weeks early. Order from almost any online retailer in the UK and you'll get the game 2-3 days early.

@Tsurii It actually seems to be the other way around. Smaller stores reliably break street dates because they fly under the radar so much. Larger stores toe the line because they're so visible. Same as when me and my friends were under 18, little booze shops would sell us beer but try getting it from a large chain store like Tesco and Sainsbury's and there's very little chance.

Matroska

Ryu_Niiyama

@Heavyarms55 not to mention publisher fines. When I was at gamestop we were told breaking street date (before the system was updated to stop you from doing that and overrides are tracked) would get you fired. I remember Nintendo had it built into their distribution contract that they would fine for breaking date. And pull demo stations. I don’t know the price but I subbed at a store where the demo station was pulled. The SM told me it was due to breaking street date. I think you have to do it a lot for that though.

I swear I wanna call out sick Friday. But my boss knows a Nintendo game is coming out then. (Her son is three years younger than me and a Nintendo fan) darn it!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BruceCM

Matroska wrote:

@Tsurii It actually seems to be the other way around. Smaller stores reliably break street dates because they fly under the radar so much. Larger stores toe the line because they're so visible.

Pretty much... The other way can be direct from publisher, like NISA All the games I've had from them have been early & obviously they won't get in trouble for that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

The street date breaking of Pokemon X and Y were probably why Europe got ORAS and Sun/Moon later than everyone else though only had real effects because the 3DS was region locked.

Grumblevolcano

Matroska

@Grumblevolcano Possibly but Nintendo have always been like that. It took us something like 2 years to get a particular Animal Crossing. We'd regularly get Nintendo games a year after America, if we got them at all. And other companies get games that the street date is broken for - as I say, pretty much every games comes out early in certain shops in most countries - but other companies are much more focused on simultaneous (or near enough) releases.

That said, we did get 3H at the same time so they've at least changed from their old ways. I mean, if anything, delaying the release of a game in a certain region is just begging those people to pirate the game from its American release, or at best import from America and thus totally scupper the eventual European release's sales (and that's bad for them since they overcharge like crazy in Europe. 3H is £50 in the UK which is $62. Meanwhile most PS4 games are £40, often £30-something on Amazon. When I got my 3DS, it was actually cheaper to buy it from Canada and pay for it to be flown across the Atlantic than it was to buy it from a nearby shop - same for all the games, even when bought individually and paying individual shipping costs.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

redd214

Game will be $50 in store at Walmart tomorrow for any US folks.

Question for any FE vets. My son has recently gotten in the strategy type games. He loved Mario Rabbids and plays a lot of Battle chasers, War Groove, Skulls of the Shogun stuff like that. Would this game be good for him? Are the systems/rpg elements too deep for a 10 year old?

Thanks!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic