Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,029

JaxonH

@Matroska
How is difficulty? I know this is subjective, but for someone like me who felt the difficulty in Awakening and Fates Conquest was just right, is Normal mode about the same? Or is it easier.

And if you’re playing on Hard mode, is it comparable to Path of Radiance or Fire Emblem 7, or even harder?

PLAYING
NS: Trails of Cold Steel 3
PC: Trails of Cold Steel, Persona 4 Golden
3DS: SMT4, Persona Q2

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Pikmin 3, SMT5, Ys 9, Trails of Cold Steel 4
PC: Vampire: Masquerade- Bloodlines 2, Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Matroska

@JaxonH I'm playing normal because I want to get as many characters as possible. It's actually pretty easy, I know a lot of others who've got further than me have said even on hard it's quite easy throughout (though tbf these are hardcore FE fans) and really want Lunatic mode to be added. It's probably comparable to Awakening which the same people say is too easy for them. For me it was easy on hard but only because of the way the game encouraged grinding to pass down the best skills. It was a good level for me before the grinding started. Like, you had to think but it wasn't frustrating.

@Heavyarms55
I know what you mean, I'm exactly the same.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

Heavyarms55

@Matroska 10 bucks says they add lunatic mode in a free DLC patch at some point. They added it and Lunatic+ to Awakening. Though if you ask me, after watching some videos, Lunatic+ was just plain stupid. You only win that mode if RNJesus loves you.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Matroska

@Heavyarms55 Agree with the Lunatic+ thing. The DLC files were leaked last week and there's also a schedule and it doesn't mention Lunatic but it could be in a patch rather than DLC. And actually, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that was just the free DLC - but then again, they're not gonna charge for Lunatic unless they want to annoy their fans.

Matroska

Heavyarms55

@Matroska Leaked how? Unless somehow it was leaked from Intelligence Systems or Nintendo itself I doubt it. I can understand things in the game itself being leaked because clearly people already have copies, but how could anyone know about the DLC schedule and content?

Matroska

@Heavyarms55 The DLC is normally leaked and available for pirates to download before the game is. Not sure why that is but pirate copies of the 3H DLC has been on sites since last week.

The schedule has already been officially announced, though I should correct myself on saying it's all free, it's part of the expansion pass though there's 1 free piece. It's all on disc stuff, what's leaked is the unlockers for it so you can unlock access to it early (the schedule goes all the way till April 2020).

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/fire_emblem_three_h...

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

Heavyarms55

@Matroska Thieves. And people wonder why companies are constantly releasing "stability" updates and why homebrew is such a bad word.

JaxonH

So, if it's on par with Awakening difficulty, and I'm playing classic, I'll go with Normal then.

Btw, they confirmed Normal and Hard are the only difficulties available at the start of the game. Implying Lunatic is unlocked upon beating the game, which is how Awakening did it as I recall.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Heavyarms55

That certainly would make sense. Fire Emblem has done that in the past too. I remember the first GBA title in the US only allowed normal until you beat it, then hard had a few different chapters.

JaxonH

Seasons of Warfare Edition back up on Amazon

Fire Emblem Seasons of Warfare Edition Amazon

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Magician

Yup, my prayer was answered, I snatched a copy of the LE from Amazon instantly.

The hype is real.

Switch Physical Collection - 639 games (as of August 5th, 2020)
Currently playing: Coffee Talk (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

BougieBeetle

Getting close to the end of Radiant Dawn, just got a handful of chapters left. At this point, I'm mostly benching everyone but my best units and turning them loose to range far ahead and Enemy Phase everything with ranged weapons.

I was wondering, what do you all think of the strategy, in general, of picking one or two units, dumping all your resources into them, and allowing them to slaughter everything? I feel like that would be an effective strategy for quite a few maps in most Fire Emblem games, provided you choose units with sufficient stats (DracoKnights and Paladins, basically).

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Late

@BougieBeetle I wish I bought Radiant Dawn when I had a chance. I had not played any Fire Emblem (I think... or maybe tried the GBA games?) and I had a chance to buy it online when they still had it in stock. I had no idea Path of Radiance was rare or that Radiant Dawn would become just as hard to obtain mere months later. That said, I don't know if I would've even been able to get it from that store since it was UK site and I wasn't even 18 at the time. I had a VISA card but I doubt I could've used it to purchase stuff from other countries. I've played all English releases but those two. I wonder when Nintendo is going to make them available again? Maybe as a remade double pack. That would be awesome.

I don't like being overpowered in games so I wouldn't go with that kind of tactic myself but I have a friend who thinks that being overpowered is the best thing about video games. I'd guess focusing on just couple units would make the game quite easy though they do try to prevent that from happening by limiting the experience that units gain when they are ahead of the curve. Some people speedrun Fire Emblem though so it's probably not too much of a hindrance. Or they have other tricks up their sleeve. I've only ever seen the last battle of Path of Radiance in Games Done Quick when I happened to tune in just as they were finishing the game.

Late

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Ryu_Niiyama

Gotta say after seeing the unboxing I kinda want that steel case. I usually don’t buy games twice on the same system without region differences. However I am tempted.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Matroska

@BougieBeetle Traditionally that works well in Fire Emblem. It's funny, there are like layers of understanding where each new level contradicts the previous one. So beginners might see the "Jagen" unit of the game, a pre-promote that you start with, and think "Oh cool, an OP unit straight away, let me use him to kill everything" but that's a rookie mistake because you're depriving your other units of exp, the Jagen doesn't get much exp anyway, and are typically terrible as they level up, they're just good early game. So the advice then becomes "Never use your Jagen" but then that itself is a mistake because, especially on harder difficulties, they're really useful early on.

Same as "Spread your exp around equally" is often given as advice to newer players, but you can only field so many units at once so you should focus on your active units rather than trying to level everyone. The thing you're talking about is called juggernauting. It does work well, but in cases where you need to do several things at once (defend green units, visit several villages before they're destroyed, kill thieves before they escape with treasure) you'll often be totally screwed because you have Goku and Vegeta but then a load of Yamchas, so to speak.

Matroska

DarthNocturnal

I remember having a decent sized fully or mostly leveled force by the end of RD. The fact you can convert some legendary weapons into unbreakable versions helps too (one character for each weapon type).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Matroska

So for people that are playing 3H early, there's actually a patch available today. It's presumably the day 1 patch going up early, and I know at least one thing it does is enable DLC (the base game won't load DLC even if you have it installed). Hopefully it also improves performance a bit because no frigging way is it a stable 30fps in the school sections.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

Ryu_Niiyama

Lunatic Difficulty will be patched in later apparently.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Matroska

@Ryu_Niiyama That's good. This is the first FE I actually feel tempted to play Lunatic in. I wonder if they'll make it so you can do NG+ and "upgrade" to Lunatic? Or are you locked to whatever difficulty NG was on? According to a thread on Serenes's Forest it has a system like the Grade Shop in the Tales series for NG+.

Matroska

Ryu_Niiyama

I swear this game is going to eat up the next six months of my life. I'm scared. ...and excited.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic