Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 1,041 to 1,049 of 1,049

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika It’s an AU? Not to sure how I feel about that, this is the dlc right not the warriors game?

@TeaCatherine Nice! Thanks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika That’s so odd, but I understand, pretty creative.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah sorry I think I forgot to respond to you. It does seem like the Engage protag is gonna be another amnesiac dragon but at this point it is a series staple. I just can’t handle another dragon genocide. At least not right now. I haven’t spun up 3hopes yet but I am concerned that I am not going to like Shez since I am pretty emotionally invested in Byleth and Sothis as characters. But I loved AoC so I am at least looking forward to leaning more about the 3 houses world.

I’ll admit I’m biased after being stuck with hetero only options (usually meaning I went single) or as you mentioned poor options overall and am apathetic to male homosexual options aside from being grateful that they have representation. But as I said for me I care the most about representation being organic which means disparity overall because law of averages shakes out that way. I love for instance that I can’t S rank Petra but she falls for Dorothea (and it is returned even though I can S rank her). So those options make me care about the the characters in addition to 3 houses pretty extensive world building over all. I almost wish it was a standard JRPG where you are exploring the world but at the same time FE/SRPGs tend to have a nuance that their larger counterparts can lack (usually because of the multiple route nature of these games. )

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama I've said before that I think Three Houses is a way better RPG than it is a tactics game, so I'd definitely love to see IS double down on that. Especially now that I'm playing Shadows of Valentia, which DOES double down on those aspects, with side-quests, (semi) explorable towns, travel across a world map, 3D exploration in dungeons, etc. A full on Fire Emblem JRPG on Switch would be an instabuy for me. Amazing to think the original version of Gaiden was considered the black sheep of the franchise back on the Famicom.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah good to know. I haven’t started Shadows of Valentia as I was hoping Nintendo would do some sort of 3ds add on to the switch dock then I forgot to play it. Only played long enough to buy DLC. Will circle back to it when I go on vacation next year.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika That makes a lot of sense, pretty user friendly too.

Ryu_Niiyama

Ok so I am starting to see the benefits of Cindered Shadows. The supports really help you figure out a lot of the invisible puppet strings. The Flame Emperor is still an idiot but she and possibly Demitri were literally groomed to be glass cannons for TtSintD. Like didn’t realize that they had essentially destabilized both the empire and the holy kingdom before the game started. I mean I had an inkling but I didn’t realize how… targeted it was. I think IS really learned how to tie the routes together this time around. Which makes me more excited for Engage.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Pizzamorg

Man, this game is like crack. I still don’t really like the school/social elements, and I’m not a fan of the weirdly stiff and static almost visual novel style presentation of the story (some reveals just feel so flat here and feel like they come out of nowhere because of the presentation style, and are given so much more justice in how Three Hopes presents things).

But when it comes to the RPG/battle side of things, man, it is just so devishly tuned. You are technically doing the same thing over and over again, but it feels like there is always some new class, or weapon, or unit or something that makes you want to play just one more battle to try out whatever new toy you may have, and then hours just absolutely go by in a blink.

I was juggling a few different games, but I’ve now narrowed my playing down to just this as I can’t pry myself away from it. I am now fast approaching the same playtime as my original play through where I bounced off and I’ve done it over just a matter of days, rather than weeks like I did the first time around. Maybe that’ll result in burnout and I’ll end up bouncing in the same place, but as of right now I am all in.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

After about 50ish hours my first complete play through of this game is finished. I played Golden Deer and it took me about 50ish hours. I thought I whiffed the play through, but I think I mostly just whiffed Act 1. By the end I got most of my students to their required end goal class and maxed out almost all support bonds. It was just the professor who got the short end - there was a funny section at the end when it asks who you want to romance and I had zero options to choose lol.

I did some Googling and learnt that recruiting is more RNG than it is a science, so it was really just Act 1 I think I messed up. I was only exploring the Home Base when I knew I had new quests to pick up, I just didn’t get the point of the Base. But I guess the real way to play Act 1 is to just spam your base. Every chance you get, spam everyone with gifts, activities and recruitment requests and brute force the RNG in your favour.

I am going to play Cindered Shadows or whatever it is called next, then start up a play through as the Eagles and this time really focus on trying to get all of my Professor bonds finished and recruit as many students as I can in Act 1.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic