Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 1,041 to 1,050 of 1,050

komodo182

@Matt_Barber Golden Deer is the only one I haven't done yet. I was going to start it, but the repetitive beginning prevented me this time around. I think my problem was I did the 3 other paths all in a row and so much of this game is the basically the same at the beginning. Its the monastery I think that stops me. I don't want to deal with the monastery again. I do plan on trying to do golden deer sometime.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716
Asphalt Club Tag #15a1 (Siege Engine)

Matt_Barber

@komodo182 I don't think the first half is that bad, as at least the battles are relatively short.

They could definitely have done with a few more unique maps for each of the routes in the second half though.

Matt_Barber

JaxonH

@Matt_Barber
Perhaps one day I’ll get around to it then. For now, I still have a ways to go with Blue Lions, Black Eagles Edelgard from the split, and the DLC.

PLAYING
NS: Ori Will of the Wisps, Mario Galaxy, FE Three Houses
PC: Persona 4, Monster Hunter World
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns

EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise, MH Stories 2, SMT5
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Matt_Barber

@JaxonH Starting Black Eagles again from the split has its own problems. While there are workable options for a lot of characters common to both routes, the principal story ones are mutually exclusive - so you've got to say goodbye to whatever you've invested in them - and you're quite likely to want a different dancer too.

Also, if you're anything like me, you'll look back in horror at some of the builds you put together on your first run. I made Petra a sniper and Ferdinand a tank while they're far better the other way around, because she can easily get 100% evasion while the game just punishes physical tanks with bad stat growths. Bernadetta and Caspar got benched because they were too fragile but they can be quite potent attackers if you go for hit and run classes with Canto. Dorothea was my Dancer, which was a waste of a great Gremory. Bishop Linhardt was the only one I picked a good finishing class for, but I still rebuilt him as a Dark Knight anyway because that gave me an extra offensive option rather than just a pure healer.

Still, I get that a lot of people find the early game to be a bit of a slog and just want to play for the story.

Matt_Barber

JaxonH

@Matt_Barber
Ya I can only redo the beginning so many times before losing motivation. I didn’t use dancer my first run. I gave it to Linhart and then just never used the class. This run I gave it to Flayn, and she makes a great dancer. I had planned to make her Gremory, but with both Annette and Mercedes on deck for Gremory, I felt it best to spice things up a bit because I don’t need three of them, or rather, I don’t want three of them. Manuela for Holy Knight, Hanneman for Dark Knight, but only after mastering mage and dark mage (will probably skip Dark Bishop I just don’t have enough time to master all those classes by the end of the game).

I think I made pretty good choices all around my first run, even if a bit uninspired. But I’m definitely enjoying trying new things in this blue lions route. Just got Dedue to Fortress Knight- I love Fortress Knights. Plan to take him all the way to Great Knight, of course. Shamir for Bow Knight, Ashe for Sniper, and this time I’m making Cyril a Warmaster instead of a Sniper, like in my Black Eagles run.

Ingrid is a Pegasus Knight and will eventually be a Falcon Knight. Sylvain is a Paladin alongside Dimitri.

This game is just so addictive!

PLAYING

EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Blooper987

@Matt_Barber @JaxonH I’m probably gonna start playing it again cause you guys made me wanna play it so much. With path should I take this time?

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Matt_Barber

@Blooper987 In terms of the main characters and story, I'd rank the routes as follows:

Golden Deer (Claude, Hilda) > Blue Lions (Dimitri, Dedue) > Black Eagles (Edelgard, Hubert) > Church (Seteth, Flayn)

Mind you, Black Eagles is the most distinct route from the other three, with a lot less rehashing of maps you'll already have seen and you're going to have a very dim view of Edelgard if you only get her side of the story after you've seen two of the other routes.

Also, the DLC is worth playing before your second playthrough as it's an entirely self-contained story and unlocks a bunch of useful features for the main game.

Matt_Barber

Blooper987

@Matt_Barber Golden deer is the best, but the DLC is the only story I’ve been able to win so far😂. I keep on making it halfway through and then moving on to something else. I mostly go by marriage choices and weapon preferences when choosing my house.

Golden Deer: Lysithea-Mages/Archers
Blue Lions: Mercedes-Calvary and Flying units
Black Eagles: Hapi-Tanks and Heavy-Hitters

Blooper987

JaxonH

@Blooper987
I played the church route, and loved it. But I like the Blue Lions route a lot more, playing though it now. Just got to the end of the first half of the game where the monastery gets invaded. The music is so epic in this showdown.

My vote is Blue Lions. But the Black Eagles route is cool having the split, so you can save before the choice and have access to 2 routes.

The game is super fun. It’s so easy to get sucked back in. I want to play the DLC too, even if the whole premise is cheesy (there’s a “secret 4th house” living underneath the castle in an underground outcast society? Come on lol)

PLAYING

EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Blooper987

@JaxonH I started up Blue Lions. Only real reason is cause I like most of the characters personalities. Recruited all the DLC really quickly and moving along pretty nicely. I’ve been skipping through the dialogue and cutscenes since I’ve seen them quite a lot already. Working on recruiting Lysithea, Dorothea, and Ferdinand. After I win I’m gonna go Golden Deer on New Game +.

The DLC is amazing. The characters have really wonky backstories and some unique classes. Overall the whole story arc was a ton of fun and easier to pick up and play than the main paths.

Blooper987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic