Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,049

BruceCM

Yeah, that'd probably be the academy part, @rallydefault .... That'll still be gameplay & it's setting up the rest of the game, so I'm happy

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

Awakening had fantastic dialog, and some of the finest support conversations I’ve read in the entire series.

Fates, on the other hand... that one saw a noticeable dip in quality of the writing.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

JaxonH wrote:

Awakening had fantastic dialog, and some of the finest support conversations I’ve read in the entire series.

Fates, on the other hand... that one saw a noticeable dip in quality of the writing.

I agree, and the only FE: Fates version that I've played was Conquest (I'll play Birthright sort of soonish, but it's backlogged). The children at least meshed with Awakening's narrative quite well in my book. Many of the supports, romance or no, were also quite decent IMO. In Fates, kids felt shoehorned in. Those pocket dimensions they were kept in where they "aged" faster than normal reality were NOT well thought out.

I also have Shadows of Valentia backlogged, but I genuinely don't know when I'll get around to that one.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

-Green-

Agree with Tsurii. It’s been a while since I’ve played Awakeninv but from what I recall, I’d definitely place Echoes above Fates and it, in characters. Although Alm and Celica are a bit mishandled in areas.

Like I’d easily place the dialogue and supports of a character like Leon far and above anything I can recall from the other two.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tyranexx

The saving graces for Conquest for me since the story was, on the whole, an absolute pile of Trubbish after the turning point, were the characters and the maps. Effie, Arthur, Charlotte, Kaze, and Keaton are among some of my series favorites.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Luna_110

@Tsurii
I did skip it, since I was too burned out on the series by then, although I do regret it. From what I’ve seen, even with some blunders here and there, the writing was far better than Fates.

Anyway, I don’t mind the comments about the slow start for 3H. PoR was great and it also took its time for the story to pick up.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Ralizah

I passed on Echoes because I wanted to give myself some space from the series before the Switch entry came out. After 100+ hours of Fates across two separate campaigns, both of which were underwhelming for various reasons, I was dangerously close to feeling burned out on the series.

And, frankly, with Three Houses looking to be enormous, I'm guessing it'll be a few more years before I have the urge to play another FE. Although I'll probably grab Echoes at some point before physical copies become difficult to locate.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

...I pre-ordered Fire Emblem Echoes, but completely forgot to play it since it came out at an inconvenient time. That's a shame, since Fire Emblem Gaiden was my favorite entry pre-Awakening. I honestly prefer Strategy RPGs when they double-down on the RPG elements, since that makes them more engaging for me. If I wanted something more strategy-heavy, I turn to 4x and RTS games. I'll definitely get to it eventually, though, since I basically have a grand total of 4 games in the series that actually appeal to me, and two of them are Fire Emblem Warriors and The Three Houses.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Tsurii wrote:

I feel like barely anyone played Echoes... The supports/banter in that one was so good, and down to earth. That and the relatively small cast made for real likeable, memorable characters with barely anyone falling to the wayside and I seriously hope the dialog in the monastery/academy is even half as good and relevant to stuff that goes on the main story and side shenanigans as the stuff in the towns and in between battles/exploring dungeon areas in Shadows of Valentia

Echoes is probably my second favourite in the series after Awakening (either Echoes or the original GBA game).
The ONLY bad thing I have to say about it is the maps are too repetitive, including the boring-as-hell dungeon battles on an empty battlefield. Everything else was near perfect.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

Echoes was great. Especially the voice acting. Unfortunately, what brought it down was the basic maps and combat.

All in all though, still a great game. Didn’t enjoy it quite as much as Awakening, but it was a heckuva lot better than Fates.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Namco

Echoes is amazing. It might very well be my favourite entry.

What I hope is that Binding and Blazing Blade get the Echoes treatment. Packaged together in one switch game. Using the foundation of Three Houses (visual wise). Blazing Blade could really use some of that enhanced story telling from Echoes and for godsake dramatically decrease the amount of bandit levels for both games...

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Luna_110

@Edelgard
We need the Echoes treatment for Genealogy of the Holy War first, considering that is a Japan exclusive. 3H seems to draw a lot of inspiration from it.
They could add the Thracia 776 content to the game, to flesh out a little more of world, instead of having it be two separate game that occur at roughly the same time.

I just want to see people’s reactions to the big twist in Genealogy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

JaxonH

I think Holy War is the natural choice for the next Remake.

That said, they should also package a Radiant Collection with Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Just give them an HD makeover, add casual mode and call it a day. Charge $60 for the pair.

Grumblevolcano

Heroes is probably the place to look regarding what the next remake is. Which out of Genealogy of the Holy War and Binding Blade has the most characters in Heroes?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Not sure, @Grumblevolcano .... But they could easily add more from whichever game, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii I was thinking more about if they had already decided, Heroes would have more from the game being remade because the days of Fire Emblem having some characters not voiced seems to be gone (Echoes and Three Houses has voice acting for all characters).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

What difficulty are people going with, and what mode?

I read an AMA from the person reviewing the game at Polygon, and they said the game has been kinda easy, as did the one from GameInformer. Granted, they're seasoned fans, so Idk if that's just them being good at the game or if it actually is easier.

I usually play casual on normal mode, so I'm thinking classic normal this time. If it's a bit easier, and has a time wheel, I want to at least go permadeath to add some tension. Deaths may be rare but at least they can be impactful.

Was almost tempted to do hard classic but I dont want to box myself into a corner with difficulty. Plus, despite their comments, the gameplay showed quite a few deaths and what I perceive to be decent difficulty. Would go hard casual but, Idk, I'm ready for a classic run this time.

So normal classic it is, I think.

Edited on by JaxonH

darkfenrir

if I bought it (still uncertain), probably will go with phoenix-easy :v

I will play it for the story, with some try on gameplay, but beyond that... I just want the story haha

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

Probably Normal Classic like every other Fire Emblem though a bit wary due to the DLC story.

Grumblevolcano

Luna_110

I’ll go hard/classic. I like a good challenge, and it seems normal mode is just way too easy.

For those interested, you can tune down the difficulty in game if you start in hard mode and start having too much problems. What you can’t do is go from normal to hard or change from casual to classic (and viceversa).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic