Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Error 2123-1502

Posts 161 to 180 of 202

WoomyNNYes

Rambler wrote:

For whatever reason I've not turned on my Switch for a few weeks.
If I take out the the SD card, download and install the revised 12.0.3, then put the card back in, all would be okay?

I'm not sure there's any advantage to removing your micro SD. The problem with SD cards was with people setting up new micro SD cards. As far as I know, Switch firmware updates deal with internal memory, where the OS is. Not micro sd cards.

I got the 12.0.3 update when it first rolled out, and things have run fine. Perhaps I am very lucky. However, I have not tried to purchase anything from eshop.

Regarding avoiding the Switch firmware update, System Settings only has the option to enable/disable "Auto-Update Software", which only applies to game updates. It appears there's no way to disable Switch OS updates. You can turn on airplane mode; If you have a router, unplug it to disable wifi before you turn on your Switch and turn on airplane mode. Then, plug router back in after.

Coincidentally, my Rocket League successfully received an update as I typed. I do have Switch firmware update 12.0.3. However, I don't know if 2123-1502 affects all games, and I have not bought anything from eshop since 2123-1502 became a problem.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Rambler

@WoomyNNYes
I was thinking that the update initially checked for a SD card, then b0rked if one was present.
But thinking on, that doesn't make sense.
Yeah, I might just put it in flight mode for a bit. Game Builder Garage can wait.
(Oh, but Tony Hawk demands an update out the box!! Argh)

Rambler

Hyrule_Rainclouds

I'm still getting this error on my regular Switch, and my regular Switch hasn't been able to download anything at all in about a week. It's very frustrating. I've tried all of the steps listed. Might have to go find a different public Wi-Fi to use to see if that helps.

I do get the error on my Switch Lite, but I can still download updates and games after one or two tries. I got a brand-new 64GB micro SDXC card for my Switch Lite. It prompted me to download an update when I inserted the card but worked fine once I had the update installed. So strange.

Both my Switch and Switch Lite have System Update 12.0.3 installed and both are using the same Wi-Fi network. I can use my Switch Lite to update games on my regular Switch, but I don't think you can do that with system updates.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Mariotag

It seems I've been afflicted by this issue too.
I haven't yet seen if it affects updates, like game or system updates, but it's certainly keeping me from new downloads and DLC.
I've tried mostly everything except connecting to a new access point, and creating a new internet connection.
Any suggestions?

Mariotag

Zeldafan79

@Mariotag

I've heard deleting your profile and creating a new one is another method but who wants to do that? I've tried all the ones people keep repeating and nothing is working. We shouldn't have to keep doing these stupid tricks or deleting things. When this is resolved i think Nintendo owes us some free Eshop bucks. This is rediculous. Worst Firmware ever!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

MrGawain

I’ve had some luck being able to download 3 game updates, 2 at 5am yesterday, and 1 at 7.30am this morning. This makes me wonder if perhaps it’s nothing to do with our consoles now, but there are so many people redownloading their games (after deleting and a week of not being able to), that Ninty’s servers are in meltdown. Early morning there are less people trying?

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

JoeDiddley

I only discovered trying to download the Ys IX demo I have this issue too. I hope the next update fixes it as they will be losing money.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Mr_Humpf

I'm personally not buying anything from the current sale as a very minor form of protest.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

mjharper

Off topic - I didn't realize there was an Ys IX demo, thanks. Now I have something new to...not download.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

Scorpion_76

Not sure if this is a permanent fix but try this workaround..

Go into your e-shop on the Switch, go to redownload and force it to redownload all your e-shop content, this will force it to download the latest versions of your e-shop games including the updates. (similar to how you would download your apps on your phone from an app store, it will always pull the latest version)

You may still get some games showing the X of Death, that's fine.. just focus on the one's with loading bars, find the one that is downloading, and just let it finish.

just work through them one at a time..

Then you can go back and retry the ones that failed by going back into the e-shop and force redownloading ONLY the ones that failed..

Currently testing this now and have managed to successfully download 9 updated games so far doing this,

NOTE: This only works for E-Shop content, not physical copies ...

Edited on by Scorpion_76

Scorpion_76

Zeldafan79

Well it's the weekend and still no fix. I guess Nintendo doesn't want to sell anything on the switch eshop anymore. Oh i forgot, You can spend your money but can't download games. Basically like a coke machine that takes your dollar bills but the coke gets stuck inside. No kidding they owe us after this mess.

Biggest Screw up since the great PS4 scare of whatever year that was when all those charge cards got compromised and sony sent out free shop points.

TTgowings

@Zeldafan79 I couldn't agree more, this just seems like "yet another" rushed update to be pushed "out the door" just before e3 NO MATTER WHAT at ALL COSTS, worst thing is, this happens every damn year from one of the big 3, just pick one...Let alone the Publisher clusters every time as well, not at all putting any blame on the dev's, or programmers, this has nothing to do with them whatsoever...

TTgowings

TTgowings

@Scorpion_76 Hey neat trick, but I've got a library with 300+ so Umm, thinking I'll be passing on that until some billion dollar company can get their crap together and stop trying to get some new customers and stop screwing their existing ones...

TTgowings

Zeldafan79

Hey guys i don't know exactly how but all the sudden I'm getting things to download. Maybe just dumb luck or Nintendo did something to their servers. You may want to try it now.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

@Zeldafan79 Actually, I tried just to see and was able to start downloading the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity update on my regular Switch, which is amazing. I haven't been able to download anything to my regular Switch on my home network for over two weeks now. It's really, really slow, so it's still going and anything can happen, but it seems to be working. I didn't do anything, just tried updating and it started working normally.

Maybe they actually have got something working?! Hope everyone has good luck now!

@entrixx Sorry to hear you are still having trouble. I feel your frustration! Hope Nintendo finally has something working and it works for everyone now or at least starts working for everyone soon.

Edited: OK, I did get Error 2123-1502 once, but I tapped "Continue" and it started downloading again right away and is actually going faster this time. Looks like it's not entirely perfect, but it's a great improvement for me, at least. Hope everyone else is having good luck with it, too!

Edited on by Hyrule_Rainclouds

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Zeldafan79

@Hyrule_Rainclouds

Good to know. I just got two games to finish downloading so there does seem to be improvement. Something is going on for sure. This is the most luck I've had all week.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

@Zeldafan79 Yeah, this is the most luck I've had in at least a week. I haven't been able to download anything to my regular Switch at home for quite a while. I used public Wi-Fi to download System Update 12.0.3 and a couple of game updates a week or so ago but couldn't get anything to work after that, either at home or on public Wi-Fi.

I've said it before in this topic, but I've been getting Error 2123-1502 since before System Update 12.0.3 even came out. So it must be something on Nintendo's server side. It looks like 12.0.3 might have messed things up for a lot more people, though, but it isn't the only problem.

Anyway, just glad to see some progress! Not just for me but for you, as well. Hope others are having better luck, too. It'll be so awesome to get things back to normal finally!

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Sorry for the double post, but it seems to be working. I did get the error once, but everything seems fine now. I downloaded a second game update without any errors and am downloading another, haven't gotten any errors here yet, either.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Reprise

Ooh I don't want to tempt fate, but I just tried this morning (testing the Age of Calamity patch) and it worked first time. Might be a coincidence or maybe the issue is being fixed.

I was still having problems last night.

Reprise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic