Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 592

Snatcher

@jump BOOM Tetrise! (Or crash)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Punisher67

E3 has been ok so far.

Microsoft was decent - not outstanding but a lot of variety in games and the factn90% of them were game pass day 1 was incredible.

Square Enid was good as well - which I was surprised at. Some good games coming from them.

Ubisoft was poor though - pretty disappointing

If you are a multi platform gamer then it’s been decent. If you are solely a switch gamer then it has been poor - the new consoles power now looking like there will be very few releases across series x, ps5 and switch.

Switch is all about tomorrow - Metroid - 2d or 3D - and I will be happy.

Punisher67

Punisher67

@TimGibsonPBS it’s now the rpg box I would say. Have a series x and it’s an amazing system.

Punisher67

Bolt_Strike

@Punisher67 I think we're seeing the negative implications of Nintendo not being ready to show the Switch Pro yet. Third parties were pushing Nintendo to reveal it so they can confirm it's getting third party games, Nintendo did not, so as a result all they can say is the base Switch gets almost nothing. Clearly the base Switch isn't strong enough to receive adequate third party support anymore we're back to almost nothing from third parties until Nintendo finally reveals the Switch Pro.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

VoidofLight

If they announce Xenoblade 3, I'll go insane.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike I think the Xbox showcase made it most clear. There weren't many XB1 games in that showcase and Switch is even weaker than the base XB1. In addition, the sequel to A Plague's Tale is coming to PS5, Series X|S, PC and a cloud version for Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JoyBoy

Is it fair to say so far that Sony made the right decision not to attend E3?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Punisher67

@Bolt_Strike totally agree - power differential just too much now. With the amount of switches out their though there is enough of a market to develop solely for the switch I think.

Punisher67

Punisher67

JoyBoy wrote:

Is it fair to say so far that Sony made the right decision not to attend E3?

Why though ? Xbox presentation was decent and I am happy enough as a series x user. I would imagine Nintendo will have something for me in their show tomorrow which will similarly interest me.

Punisher67

Octane

This year hasn't really been special so far. Guardians of the Galaxy looks alright so far, and I liked Plague Tale: Innocence, so I will probably check out Requiem. But that's about it I think.

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane If what I think is going to be shown tomorrow, then it's the best Nintendo Direct ever!!!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Punisher67

GrailUK wrote:

@Octane If what I think is going to be shown tomorrow, then it's the best Nintendo Direct ever!!!

anything Metroid and it will be the greatest direct ever !!!

Punisher67

Matt_Barber

Punisher67 wrote:

Saying that, they'll probably announce a sequel to Federation Force now.

Matt_Barber

vio

@Bolt_Strike I don't know if that's entirely true because some 3rd parties could have some Switch exclusives. Frankly all I think Nintendo has to do is drop some heavy hitters with their 1st party software and the majority of us all will be happy. We'll find out soon here either way.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

HotGoomba

Matt_Barber wrote:

Punisher67 wrote:

Saying that, they'll probably announce a sequel to Federation Force now.

Or Metroid: Other W (Other M 2)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Bolt_Strike

@vio Oh no, I don't care about third parties either and if Nintendo knocks it out of the park with a strong first party lineup (and I predict they will based on development patterns) it'd still be a great E3 for the Switch. But this could hurt the Switch in the long run if they don't reveal a Switch Pro that's strong enough to run some of these third party games. In theory, Nintendo could probably get by almost solely on first party games, but only with a 2017-esque lineup every year and that's unrealistic. So this is something to be concerned about.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

@GrailUK This year has been so awful, Nintendo could fart on screen and still win.

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane Oh...you've seen the leak too!?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HotGoomba

Ok I have some thoughts on the Capcom conference.

Didn't announce much. A new trailer for MH Stories and Ace Attorney was cool, and new update for MH Rise was cool. But I don't remember what they announced for Resident Evil Village, and the eSports section SUCKED.

But I'm gonna give it a 5/10, it wasn't great, but at least it was shorter than the Ubisoft and Square Enix conferences.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic