Forums

Topic: Dying Light - Platinum Edition

Posts 141 to 160 of 167

BlueMonk

@JaxonH
It’s a bit too uptight for my tastes but it’s a really good game. I really would like to be able to save any place, most of all. That would make it much more playable for me.

More than anything, this game made me want to play Sunset Overdrive again. Sunset Overdrive is a perfect satire of this game and is just plain fun.

I’m not done with Dying Light but it’s not landing with me.

BlueMonk

aresius

@BlueMonk
I think you still did not get how the save works, the game save automatically everytime you: enter a safehouse, take a collectible,conclude a mission main or side, every tot time, the mission you are following in that moment every time you die or exit the game will make you respaw from the nearest safe house around your destination for that so the more safe house you have the better( some you can unlock them by yourself others will be added doing main and side mission) moreover you can fast travel by selecting a mission with the destination near the area you want to go ,if you reload your save you will start from the nearest safe house, so as you can see you can have some control where you will respaw

Edited on by aresius

aresius

BlueMonk

@aresius
That’s really insufficient for me with a handheld system and that’s how I play most the time.

I want to save my game anyplace and load back in. I feel like they did this just so the punitive death system didn’t get disrupted.

The game is too uptight for me. I would rather play an obnoxious Dead Rising game.

Edited on by BlueMonk

BlueMonk

WoomyNNYes

@JaxonH I don't have the game, but the IGN review said the zombies are real tough at first until you get good weapons or something to make battles more managable.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

aresius

@WoomyNNYes
Dlc blueprints are available since the beginning and they are powerful enough to make the start a breeze for a while(my guitar still breaking skull )

aresius

aresius

@BlueMonk
Than a part suspend the software when not playing I cannot see a way to easy your situation

aresius

GrailUK

@JaxonH Stuff respawns every morning by the looks of things and quatermasters / traders are pretty helpful.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

aresius

@GrailUK
You can even trigger it but going far a way from the area and going back , beside quarantine zone always respaw immediately just going out and in again and one pf them Stuffled turtle (a supermarket NW area from the tower)is amazing to farm fast 3 drops in less than 30 seconds every time and you can level out survivor skill very quickly accumulating them and bring them to the quartermaster, really is easy to accumulate materials the respaw is RNG but only to a certain level(police car and vans will always give you a weapon and a tool(ammo or upgrade tool)

Edited on by aresius

aresius

GrailUK

@aresius ahh top tips! Thanks

BlueMonk

@aresius
I play other games. There will be a day I sit down and get into this I bet, and it’ll take over for a few weeks.

And I honestly could list a dozen little complaints I have about the game, but I still think it’s not just the best zombie game ever made but one of the better open world games. Like top 10ish territory. Definitely top 20.

So it’s not the game, it’s me. I’ll get snowed in sometime next February and I bet it’ll click. Although I do think it’s a game that’s too uptight. And I should start over on easy mode. I am just looking to enjoy it as casually as possible.

BlueMonk

aresius

@BlueMonk
You can change difficulty anytime from the main menu select play instead continue and press y for the advance setting there you can alter the difficulty

Edited on by aresius

aresius

BlueMonk

@aresius
That’s a much appreciated tip; very helpful. Thanks.

BlueMonk

Lokechild

How do you throw the metal stars? I haven't been able to figure it out

Lokechild

GrailUK

@Lokechild If you are referring to the blades, they a resource to craft shuriken. Once you make some, equip them in the inventory screen in your secondary slots, hold left on the d-pad and the direction they are in on the 'wheel', then press LZ

Edited on by GrailUK

GrailUK

I finished The Following recently. Wow. That ending! it's perfect for a zombie genre. What a brilliant game from start to finish (although volatile hives are still scary!)

Edited on by GrailUK

Lokechild

@GrailUK omg thank you so much!!! I really appreciate this tip!!!

Lokechild

GrailUK

@Lokechild Welcome. The less zombies the better!

MarioBrickLayer

I'm coming to this a bit late, but with Dying Light 2 out soon, i'm deciding what games I want to play this year...would everyone recommend this? The reviews seem good.

MarioBrickLayer

aresius

@MarioBrickLayer
I finished the main game and I am playing the dlc the following, the game is amazing from start to the end, and worth the full price because there are a lot of content with all the dlc

aresius

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic