Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 121 to 140 of 733

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This is a stupid game to make this claim on. Bravely Default, by design, BY ITS VERY TITLE, exists to be a counterpoint to the idea that game design from the 90s is dated game design. The title is called that specifically for DEFAULTing to an older style of JRPG, and that is brave to do so when much of the industry doesn't (at least the higher end, expensive side of it).

Did you just make this up or have they actually said this?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

Ya, the name has to do with the battle mechanics and, as I understand it, a plot point of the first game.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This is a stupid game to make this claim on. Bravely Default, by design, BY ITS VERY TITLE, exists to be a counterpoint to the idea that game design from the 90s is dated game design. The title is called that specifically for DEFAULTing to an older style of JRPG, and that is brave to do so when much of the industry doesn't (at least the higher end, expensive side of it).

Did you just make this up or have they actually said this?

I don't know, but I'd genuinely stunned if it was entirely a coincidence that the SE JRPG going back to basics, against the current standards of the industry, is called Bravely Default. It fits too well, and I'm far from the only one to notice this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

komodo182

I still can't wait for this to come out.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

JoeDiddley

I’ve just finished Bravely Default so I’ll keep my eye on this.

I do need a little gentle arm twisting after the demo though. I miss the flexibility of amending the encounter rate and I actually prefer the art style on 3DS.

Is Akihiko Yoshida involved this time?

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

komodo182

@JoeDiddley I do prefer the art style on the 3ds as well. There is great flexibility with the encounter rate since you can see the monsters. They are easy to dodge if you don't want to fight.

JoeDiddley

@komodo182 I guess you can choose to grind by running into lots of enemies, and lower the encounter rate by avoiding them on field instead. I hadn’t really thought of it that way.

But things like adjusting the encounter rate made Bravely Default special for me.

komodo182

@JoeDiddley It was very useful in the previous games, I agree.

JoeDiddley

@komodo182 I didn’t feed back on the demo myself but I trust the final game will be at least very good and hopefully great.

komodo182

@JoeDiddley I imagine it will be. It might be a game that I actually buy at full price.

BruceCM

That's about a 50/50 gamble ... Hopefully it will, of course!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

komodo182 wrote:

Hopefully the news is that it will be released before the end of 2020.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/10/square_enix_will_sh...

My guess is it's a December release date if it's still coming in 2020. Otherwise it has probably been pushed into early 2021.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

komodo182

@Tyranexx I'm hoping for a December release date.

MrGawain

Do we think we’re going to get the news promised by the end of this week? If not I get the feeling we won’t be playing this until 2021.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

komodo182

No news yet eh?

BruceCM

26th February ... I think we all thought it'd be next year now? Anyway, it's good to have a date for it!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

I wonder if S-E will offer a collectors edition for Bravely Default II?

I'll have to keep an eye on the S-E online store.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

Meh, I'm not feeling anything from this at all. It doesn't feel like it has the same quaint charm the first game had, and it doesn't seem like it's done anything new with the gameplay or story at all.

Unless it somehow gets a 90% on metacritic, I'll probably just skip it. I still haven't played Octopath after all!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic