Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 141 to 160 of 733

Glitchling78

They’ve posted the video regarding changes made based on feedback:

Most of my worries were addressed. I genuinely like how they’ve kind of overcomplicated the turn order. At first I was hoping for something akin to FFX’s turn order gauge but having it like this gives you a rough idea but without letting you know so much that you’re totally in control of the battle.

Personally I felt the camera was too far back in the town section and they didn’t address that, maybe it wasn’t a common enough complaint. Also would’ve liked to be able to turn encounters off again but that’s not a major thing to me, it does feel like a step back in that regard though.

I’m still excited for this, I loved the first 2 games and want to see the series grow.

Edited on by Glitchling78

Glitchling78

komodo182

I just preordered it

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Olddantrucker

Why are all the comments stuck live? If you miss the news even just an hour or two my comments (and a lot of other people's comments that are interesting) do not get any notice! It's like talking into an empty room after the party is over! Very frustrating! 🤔

The old internet wasn't like that when comments first started! I wonder if it's a phone thing. Dad think's it's because people get some kind of buzz on their phones so the yall rush at the same time and it winds up being too busy. I am thinking more and more so I didn't used to believe that but the shift to this crap.

Youtube is HEAVILY this way where everyone comments at the exact same hour! The few comments that are late get no replies or thumbs! 🤢

Edited on by Olddantrucker

Olddantrucker

Tyranexx

Glitchling78 wrote:

They’ve posted the video regarding changes made based on feedback:

Thanks for sharing that video; I genuinely forgot they were going to upload that today. They've addressed many of the issues I had with the demo (difficulty, encounter rate - sorta, menu text) and also seem to have changed some of the lighting. I thought it was too glimmery on some armor, for example.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Olddantrucker

@komodo182 I JUST had it happen again with AOC videos. I posted about a Korok Puzzle thingy in the background within a few hours of the video so got several thumbs up. The video owner didn't even noticed going on and on about Urbosa and her 'style'. About 16 thumbs up I got and yet I posted other things which I got zero replies! Mostly a day or so late on the videos.

Edited on by Olddantrucker

Olddantrucker

Diddy64

I'm glad that they addressed most of the issues. My main issue was the difficulty and was the first thing mentioned to be addressed. While I may have preferred the speed turn initiative of the first two games, I am fine with the solution of including a turn bar and exclamation icons for the enemies. That can help the player plan their strategy depending on the type of enemies. Definitely will buy it

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

JaxonH

Ya I’m very happy with the changes. Difficulty, turn order and the menu interface were my big ones. All of which were addressed. And I like the new active time battle bars for turn order. That’s great. Multiple difficulty options is also a huge win. Especially since they said boss battles will continue to be engaging regardless of difficulty.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Diddy64

By the way, I am really interested in the Beastmaster job of this game. Sure, it was first in Octopath, but many jobs/characters from that game are based on the Bravely games and Final Fantasy games. They just give them some variety.

I also wonder if the Templar job would return. In the trailer recent, we see both the Vanguard asterisk holder and the Knight asterisk holder. Unless the the longhaired villain from the recent trailer is using that job. But I doubt it, as he looks very different. He looks like he has a either a new job or a new costume version of the Kaiser job.

While the Templar wasn't my favorite job to use, I liked using it as a sub job and used his critical magic and critical item support abilities. Although there's a chance that those support abilities are in other jobs, like they did from Bravely Default to Bravely Second.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

komodo182

@SheenaGemini93 I defintively like the story and gameplay in bravely better than Octopath Traveler.

mack73

SheenaGemini93 wrote:

@komodo182
Oh yeah? I really hope that the Bravely games actually have a story to follow, cuz while I was playing through Octopath, I swear it just felt like the whole quest was ‘go here’, ‘recruit this character’ - and repeat. Felt no characterization at all for the characters in OT, is that something I can expect from BD too or...?😕

I'm 100% with you. Couldn't make it more than 12 hours. Only 4 job classes, just repeat to get 8, disjointed story - not doing it for me. I'm watching this one with the same concern....

mack73

komodo182

@SheenaGemini93 @mack73 Octo didn't have much of a connecting story to it. They kind of linked in the end, but not great overall. Both previous bravely games had a story to them. They weren't perfect games or anything, but certainly fun with a decent length.

rallydefault

Octopath was a good game, but the lack of a true overarching story made it a quick one-play for me. The quests definitely started to get cookie-cutter as I get deeper into the game; the only thing that kept me going was that some characters on their own were pretty cool and some of the quests/locations were neat.

It really made me want a brand-new, large and high quality pixel RPG though.

rallydefault

komodo182

Another bravely demo has been released!

Dezzy

Damn the demo is that same annoying area again.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

scoobdoo

Anybody like this “final” demo more than the extremely disappointing original?

FC: SW-3470-2213-1835

Tyranexx

I might download and play this around Christmas. Maybe. I just find it odd that the demo this time around occurs during a chunk of the actual story, unlike previous series demos. I'm pretty much guaranteed to get this anyway unless final impressions (reviews, footage, etc.) are unfavorable.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

I’m hyped. Playing the new demo, and I love it.

Who’s played it? I wanna talk shop.

@scoobdoo
Yes.

This demo is good. Download it and play it. For real. It’s good.

For starters, it actually starts you off at the beginning of a story arc, which gets you engaged in what’s going on in the world. It has good character development and really impressive voice acting (if there’s one thing that has impressed me most, it’s the voice acting). For a JRPG, story is crucial. It’s hard to get people hooked on this kind of game without the story. So that’s number one.

For two, they fixed a lot of the issues I had with the original demo (which I thought the core game was fantastic but the difficulty was too high, it just started you off doing dungeons and things without any real narrative purpose, The menus were convoluted, turn order wasn’t shown, etc) but now, not only have they addressed most of those complaints, there are 3 difficulties which can be toggled at will, at any time.

I can’t point to any one thing in particular that makes this demo stand out as better (aside from the immediate story set up and character development with good voice acting, which is definitely part of it), but I think it’s just a mix of a little bit of everything which, as a whole, works together to provide a much larger sum of its parts than the previous demo did.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Just started the demo, and, frankly, it's already better than the last one.

Quick recommendation to everyone: go into the settings and disable the horrible blurring effect in towns. The game looks SO much cleaner without it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

I’ll try that.

Saw the option but didn’t think it would look good without it, since I really liked the Octopath effect. But maybe I just need to see it for myself to have something to compare with.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic