Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 7,301 to 7,320 of 10,553

foxyflimflam

@Gret8888 I sent you lamps in exchange for the ones you sent me so be on the lookout! Since it only let me send 2, I will mail 2 more tomorrow! Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Switch FC ~ 4044-1861-3916
SN ~ * foxy *
Please identify who you are if you send me a friend request, or I will not accept!
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis
Dream Address ~ DA-7685-8135-7036

foxyflimflam

@Blaze420 It has been FOREVER since we visited each other! We need to change that soon!

SN ~ * foxy *
Please identify who you are if you send me a friend request, or I will not accept!
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis

Sugarkist

I've been working on my island today, I'm just trying to get it a bit more in order. I have so many things to craft that I need for the areas I am creating. I likely won't get much time the rest of this week as I'm back in the office but hopefully now I've made a start I will be more inclined to keep working on it.

I'm also really enjoying playing the new Paper Mario game so am a little distracted with that also!

BrittGOAL14

I wish the music you buy was louder. :/

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

BrittGOAL14

Looking for the iron garden table, bench and chair DIY for my mom. Will pay if necessary.

Edited on by BrittGOAL14

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

rjejr

Another question from the noob since you fine folks answered the last one so quickly:

Quickest way to remove a lot of flowers? My island is basically all trees and flowers, and while trees I either dig up and sell or cut down, turns out there weren't really THAT many trees after all, the flowers cover up almost all available ground space now so I can't shake anything out of the trees and all my popped balloons gifts disappear.

Doesn't seem like picking them helps, flowers just grow back. Lawmower just stops at them. Terraforming doesn't seem to work either. I don't need to sell them, 7 million bells in the bank, my house is paid for, and I've used up my allotment of inclines and slopes, so I'd just like to get rid of like 80% of them as quickly as possible. Shovel seems WAAAYYY to slow, plus I'll run out of pocket space too often, must be 500 flowers.

Suggestions? I did google it, but shoveling seems like the ONLY way, and I just can't believe that's right.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/248082-animal-crossing-n...

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

FattyWhale_42

@rjejr The best way does indeed use a shovel, but what you want to do is set a garbage bin next to you, so you can throw away the flowers, instead of running back and forth selling them (for practically nothing).

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Anti-Matter

@rjejr
"Quickest way to remove a lot of flowers? "

Unfortunately, No.
You have to scoop out the flowers with your shovel.
It will be very tedious to scoop out all the overpopulated flowers on your island. I have removed more than 90% of overpopulated Mums flowers that before terraforming. 😩

Anti-Matter

Gret8888

@Cosmofantasmo
Absolutely

Name: Gretchen
Island Name: Fanta$y
Hemisphere: Northern

Switch Friend Code: SW-8381-9750-1521

Gret8888

@foxyflimflam
Yes I’ll take the black street lamps

Gret8888

@Blaze420
Thank you for the wonderful gift
G

BrittGOAL14

@rjejr Unfortunately digging them up is the only way. ...And also the reason mine get out of control when it rains. Because it’s tedious and I hate it.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.

ACNH Catalog

rjejr

@BrittGOAL14 @Anti-Matter @FattyWhale_42

Thank you one and all for the replies. Does seem tedious, so I think I'll break up my island into sections rather than trying to do it all at once. That garbage pail idea may come in handy.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

foxyflimflam

@rjejr I just had to deal with the same issue......I decided to redo my island after 650+ hours of gameplay since release, so you can imagine how many flowers I had to dig up! Lol Putting ones you really want on your beach helps since you can't terraform those areas anyway! I also moved some near any area I knew I would be terraforming later on so I could focus on my main sections first without dealing with them. Not sure if any of this helps, but figured I would share since I just went through this very recently and know your struggle!

SN ~ * foxy *
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis

foxyflimflam

@Gret8888 thank you again for trading streetlamps with me! If you need any more of the black once you get them set up, let me know! I will let you know, also, if I end up needing any more of the white!

@Cosmofantasmo I still have terraforming to do in some areas, but my main areas are about done so I will have you over for a visit very soon so you can see your wonderful streetlamps in action! (: Thank you for helping me out!

SN ~ * foxy *
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis

foxyflimflam

@BrittGOAL14 How is it still possible that we arent on each other's friends list and haven't visited each other!? Lol

SN ~ * foxy *
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis

BrittGOAL14

@foxyflimflam Honestly not sure. 😂 We’ll have to fix that!

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.

ACNH Catalog

rjejr

@foxyflimflam Thanks, always good to commiserate. I never know what I'll learn though so I always feel compelled to ask, or google.

After 400 hours of playing I finally discovered over the weekend that you can fill in holes w/ the Y button and your foot. Whenever I dug a hole and my shovel broke I would run somewhere, build a new shovel, then come back and fill in the hole. It also seems like holes fill in >slightly< faster w/ your foot than the shovel - I always dig two holes when hitting rocks - so at least if I dig up all my flowers I can at least just fill in the holes later w/ my foot, even if my shovel breaks. Which I'm sure it will w/ 500 flowers. A few times at least. Don't know if it extends the life of your shovel by using your foot to fill int he holes but who knows, it might.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

foxyflimflam

@BrittGOAL14 When I get on later, I will send you a friend request so be on the lookout!

@rjejr I feel it goes a bit quicker too filling holes in with your feet. And I think it DOES extend your shovel life.....from my understanding, you get 30 uses out of your shovel so I always assumed filling in a hole is considered 1 use. Regardless, I try to customize my shovel when I feel I am getting close to that limit since it is quicker to do that then making a whole new one (also keeps me from having to carry different materials on me for crafting) and resets it back to 0

SN ~ * foxy *
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic