Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 1,969

KAIRU

Iron Sheik was definitely an interesting character and he was a fantastic wrestler. He put on some excellent matches during his career and cut some great promos — and we all know how stellar his Twitter feed is.

Rest in Piece, Iron Sheik.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

kkslider5552000

I'll be honest Eddie Kingston being back on Dynamite for, what might as well be the first time this year, made me so happy. I was worried he was gonna be stuck in ROH purgatory.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

How the elf has All In, AEW’s biggest show ever at a not sold out Wembley Stadium, still not have any matches lined up as it’s happening in a few short weeks.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

Well Edge is now officially finished with WWE such a legend and I was happy to see him end his WWE career on his terms rather then due to injury. I wasn't able to see his match with Sheamus but I heard it was good.

Now I have the feeling that he will be popping up in AEW to truly finish his career. I know Christian and him have said that they want one last run together so I can see him going to AEW especially because the Hardy's are there too and if they can get the Dudleys, that would just be perfect.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KryptoniteKrunch

Wow, two wrestler deaths back-to-back.

RIP Terry Funk and Bray Wyatt. Sucks that 2/3 of the original Wyatt family is gone.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Themagusx1

@KryptoniteKrunch That’s right I did not even think about how 2/3 of the Wyatt Family is gone. That’s too bad.

Themagusx1

Tasuki

Bray Wyatt was a mastermind when it came to sports entertainment. Definitely a career cut too short. He is this generations Eddie Guerrero. May he rest in piece now. Pretty sure he will be added to the WWE Hall of Fame next year.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

Wow..I didn't realize he's been having health issues.

NintendoByNature

jump

Oh-scissor-me-daddy Oh-scissor-me-daddy Oh-scissor-me-daddy

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

Ah wrestling, where their stars combine the alpha male egos of competitive athletes with the prima donna self importance of show business.

I blame AEW, Attitude era WWF rasslin’ always caught theses back stage brawls on tv yet this is the second time Punk got into a fight and it wasn’t filmed!

I don’t think it’s as impossible for him to return to WWE as some think but it is very unlikely. A few odd dates in New Japan might appeal to him to take back narrative control of his career (I doubt it would be the Kenta GTS match though) but he’d probably want a hard break away from rasslin’ for a good while.

At least I can say I was there for his last match at Wembley!

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

I honestly think CM Punk is done with wrestling now. I mean I don't see him going back to WWE and obviously he just burned that bridge with AEW. I guess he could go to Impact but after the problems he's caused in WWE and now AEW I don't think Impact would be that stupid to sign him to a full contract. I can see him doing a one off thing but I don't think he would do a long term contract anymore.

Of.course you never know if someone is stupid enough to give him a bunch of money.....

My Backlog

jump

@Tasuki I don’t think it’s likely but I think you’re off about the relationship with WWE. He’s already gone back their once to work on that WWE talkshow, a few months ago he went backstage at a WWE show where he had pleasant conversations with Miz and Trips who he traditionally had beef with plus he has a good relationship with Dana White who is part of the UFC-WWE mega company now.

Vince likes money, he doesn’t give a toss about grudges as long as he can milk someone for a big pay off. With how giddy WWE were with signing Cody as a middle finger to AEW I could see him doing a Goldberg type deal where he puts over Reigns in the main event of ‘mania and a couple of bloody money Dubai shows.

Not to defend Punk but just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you sums it up nicely, there were some in the locker room who didn’t like him before he even came in but instead of making sure personal rubbish didn’t get in the way he acted like silly billy and ruined it all. It’s funny for someone who wants to handle stuff like a manly alpha male man who fights problems out he picked The Young Bucks and Jack Perry who aren’t exactly real life killers. Lol

The real shame of this is AEW does the biggest legit wrestling show of all time and no one cares because of gossipy wrestling backstage drama. I’m looking forward to seeing The Darkside Of The Ring episode on All In!

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

So it's the end of an era. Today the sale of WWE is complete, and the name of the owner isn't McMahon. I am quite honestly surprised that Shane or Stephanie didn't want it.

My Backlog

jump

Bloody hell Toni Storm’s new tragic noir star turn is great. I just want to watch her throw shoes at people.

She doesn’t need the title but AEW needs to start backing their women’s division and best way to do that is with non-title rivalries (like with Britt before she got the belt) and with Toni this hot at the moment they should be throwing tv time at her.

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

So even though WWE is now owned by someone else they are still doing the same stuff that doesn't make sense. So today ESPN announced that Jade Cargill is officially signed with WWE and she is getting a main roster salary yet she's at the proformance center. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Jade in AEW, yeah her run is basically your Goldberg copycat run and she was rough around the edges regarding her in ring work and it's no surprise that she is starting at the proformancer center, but to be getting paid a main roster salary just after a bunch of established stars like Dolph Ziggler, Mustafa Ali, Dana Brooke, and more got cut doesn't make sense. So they cut Dolph Ziggler but they hire Jade Cargill???

Yeah that makes sense WWE. New owners, same thinking that makes no sense.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic