Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,302

Xyphon22

Started up Bioshock Infinite last night. I was excited to play it because I thought I would like it better than the first two based on the environment, but so far I don't like it as much. Granted I'm not very far yet (just got the first new place after getting weapons and fighting, a restaurant I think), but I don't like all of the gameplay and interface things. There is no map or idea of where I'm going, it shows all of the weapons and tonics or whatever they're called in this one rather than only the ones I already have. And I was just enjoying the carnival when it got really gruesome, really fast. That first thing was worse than anything that was in either of the first two games blood-and-gore-wise, and I hope this isn't what I have to look forward to the rest of the game. And so far, it makes religious people seem like either slaves or psychotic zealots which I don't like either. I'm going to stick it out, but I sure hope it gets better.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

kkslider5552000

Xyphon22 wrote:

And so far, it makes religious people seem like either slaves or psychotic zealots which I don't like either.

I don't think the game is as anti-religious as maybe certain aspects of the early parts of the game might imply. IIRC Ken Levine talked about how talking with a religious developer helped change the game to make it feel less anti-religious, because that wasn't his intention. It's ultimately more just that "actually religious devotion" is just a good way to showcase the type of American extremism the game showcases. The most likable character in the game makes religious references too, so I'd say its pretty well handled. Or at the very least it has far more nuanced thoughts than "religion bad".

The game is also not OVERLY gorey beyond the occasional dark story sequence, but it does happen a few times.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Xyphon22

@kkslider5552000 Yeah, I assumed the religious stuff would get better because the writing in the first two games was not so black-and-white or overt as that, but so much else is worse I was afraid of that. Speaking of which, I was having a moral conundrum (as much as you can have in a video game) about taking money. I took it from the offering plate at the beginning because I figured it was a false religion so I might as well, but I not only left it at the "honor system" store I even paid some since I ate some food. So I looked up what the consequences are, and it turns out there are no consequences for anything you do in the game and there is only one ending. This just keeps getting worse compared to the previous games, which I was not expecting. But we'll see how I like it as I get further into it.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

Wargoose

@Xyphon22 I ended up enjoying Infinite more than the original. It has some pretty cool moments. The original BioShock has an amazing intro, and a great twist near the end. But a lot of the bits in between weren't that interesting to me, whereas infinite is kinda intriguing all the way through. The DLC for infinite links the two games together, and is definitely worth playing. You get to see Rapture before the fall which is interesting.

Gameplay wise I think BioShock 1 is slightly more fun, the random perk system in infinite didn't really work for me.

I think Elizabeth is probably one of the most complex and well written characters in videogames. The journey she's goes on is incredible, and very sad.

Wargoose

Xyphon22

So I played some more today, but only technically. I got a little ways, almost died but survived a fierce battle, got lost in some house and didn't know where to go, tried to see if some nice guy who was just standing there could help me by using Possession on him, and he killed himself when it wore off. I felt bad so I restarted so that he wouldn't die, and apparently the last place it saved was like half an hour previous before I even got to the battle. Why does this game not let you save wherever you want like the first two games did? This is probably the worst aspect of this game and severely limits when I can actually play it. But I digress, and I will stop derailing this thread now.

Xyphon22

kkslider5552000

Oh yeah, the lack of manual saving is one of the worst aspects of the game. Like there's an unlockable difficulty mode that makes it make more sense, but it obviously should be there for all the regular difficulty modes and isn't because...I don't know.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

A reliance on auto-saving is a legitimate design choice in some games, but, growing up with manual saves and memory cards, not being able to do it manually evokes a deep-seated, and probably irrational, sense of paranoia.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

Decided to finally play crosscode after its been on the backlog for a little while.

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

Pullblox on Wii u.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix PS1
Untitled

Anti-Matter

RainbowGazelle

Currently playing the new Pocky & Rocky game and, no joke, it might be one of the worst games I've ever played. I have absolutely no idea how it could ever conceivably get a 9 here. Baffling.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

Nintendo Network ID: RainbowGazelle | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

Been playing a bit of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I think I'm almost done with the game...I'm at chapter 9 right now, and I'm at the World Tree. I think I have to level up some more, however. Those robot guys are too tough for me now. Another game I played just now was Drill Dozer. It's really good! Hoping to play more of it soon.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ChameleonBros

Mainly playing Pokemon X, with some Clubhouse Games Switch and Splatoon 2 sprinkled here and there.

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

NintendoByNature

Zombie army 4, M&L paper jam still, and some oceans heart.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Switch.
Got my mood back to get the hidden Espers after long time no play.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

I am playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. After finishing Odyssey and already played 4 hours of Valhalla it seems weird I was expecting it to be similar but it is not!

Origins was perfect, Odyssey was amazing, Valhalla is just ok for now. I hope it gets better!

I have never finished any other Assassins Creed (other than Origins and Odyssey) and after that (Valhalla) I will continue with the rest of the games.

BruceCM

Well, some of that might depend how into the Vikings bit you are, @Zuljaras .... You haven't come to England in that yet, have you? That was what I did like a lot about it, being English!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

@BruceCM I am in England. I just finished building the first Hidden Ones Bureau. So I am right at the start.

The one thing I am not fan of is the map. In Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey the map was PERFECT!

Other than that I love the feel of the game. It is darker than the other 2 and Eivor is quite serious.

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter that's been on my backlog for a good while. I loved ff 7 and 9 to pieces but stopped playing X for some reason. How does XII compare to 7 and 9? Better gameplay and story?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic