Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,307

Fizza

I've been flip-flopping between a lot recently.

Firstly, I've been gripped by a shiny hunting bug in all of the Switch era Pokemon games, hunting for multiple left right and centre. Some of my recent acquisitions include 3 Murkrow and a Mareep in BDSP, Articuno, Zapdos and Tyrantrum from events and Shelmet in SwSh and TOO MANY TO LIST in PLA (though my favourites are definitely an Alpha Shinx, Basculin, Lilligant and a ? Unown that I hunted for myself). I've just perfected all the Sinnoh starters dex entries in PLA so I'll probably be going for them next, in addition to Galarian Corsola, Klefki and Sentret.

I've also been getting back into Pokemon Unite thanks to the new season (gotta get that free new Absol Holowear) and, in celebration, I decided to get a new character in Gardevoir. It takes a long time to get to Gardevoir from the pitifully weak Ralts and meagre Kirlia, but once you do, absolutely NOTHING can stop you. It's Power Trip: The Character and I'm loving them right now because of it.

Lastly, I've started The Great Ace Attorney Adventures up again and am currently about midway through Chapter 4-ish. It's a bit difficult to start up AA since you really have to be prepared for the strain it puts on your voice but when you play it, you just get completely lost in the world, characters, music, everything really. Cannot wait to continue because I love the voices I've given to each of the characters (I made Gregson into Cockney Gumshoe and I think that's perfect honestly).

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Just recruited all four of the Champions and am now doing some general cleanup on the in-game map before progressing with the main story. This is definitely a fun Warriors title so far that's fun to dive in and out of. The plot is pretty interesting too; it's neat learning more about not only how exactly things went down 100 years in BotW's past, but also how the Champions' personalities really shine. Still not the biggest fan of Revali though.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond - I started this more to access the Mystery Gift distributions (yay FOMO) and have found myself sucked in once again. I'm currently in Eterna City and am about to try for my next badge. I've spent more time than is healthy in the Grand Underground already - it's one of my favorite things about the original titles - and love the overhaul it's received. Well, mostly; I still dislike that they neutered Secret Bases and all their customizable items and subbed them out with statues.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

Tyranexx wrote:

I've spent more time than is healthy in the Grand Underground already - it's one of my favorite things about the original titles - and love the overhaul it's received. Well, mostly; I still dislike that they neutered Secret Bases and all their customizable items and subbed them out with statues.

I didn't play the original DPPt so I wouldn't know how it was like back in those games but I remember the Secret Bases in ORAS very fondly. I didn't really have other people to showcase them to, but I still liked constantly tinkering them every time I got a new decoration like a beanbag or moving tile. The option to keep them as they were would've been nice.

I'm glad you're enjoying BDSP though! It's one of my favourite Pokemon games from a gameplay side of things since every important battle actually feels imposing since they have shockingly good movesets for that point in the game (wait till you get to Fantina shudders). What kind of team are you rocking as of now? I ended up using some of my absolute favourite Sinnoh mons in Conti the Torterra, Vanity the Honchkrow, Phillip the Floatzel, Schlurple the Lickilicky, Ness the Toxicroak and Bridgette the Glaceon.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@Fizza The Super Secret Bases in ORAS (the original Ruby and Sapphire were the first games in the series to introduce the concept) were amazing and were the template I was hoping they'd use for BDSP as well. I don't dislike the statues per se, I just wish they gave the player more options to decorate. Part of the reason I enjoyed the original Underground so much in the original D/P/Pt was that I could mess around with a cousin of mine via local wireless play. We'd pop into each other's secret bases all the time lol.

I'm definitely enjoying the game so far, though I admit I'm still not entirely fond of the plastic chibi aesthetic that I think Link's Awakening on the Switch pulls off better. I have noticed the movesets seem better thought out, and one perk of the Grand Underground is that it gives the player access to Pokemon they wouldn't be able to get at this point in the game normally. I don't nickname my Pokemon very often, but my team is currently composed of Grotle, Staravia, Luxio, Gyarados (Magikarp finally evolved), Houndoom, and Rhyhorn. For new gens I like to use a team of all new 'Mon for my normal playthrough, but that doesn't always hold true on subsequent playthroughs or remakes.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Kaioken

I’m having a lot of fun with Kirby the forgotten land and Hades

Kaioken

kkslider5552000

Been playing my newly purchased Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a bunch. This is not going to be my most played game ever. Maybe partially because I'm clearly better at Splatoon than Mario Kart. (or people who play online are worse in Splatoon, I dunno) But there's still enough here that I'm gonna get my money's worth (just glad I found it at below full price).

Also got back to Age of Calamity. I think I'm somewhat near the end, but I'm not sure. I have a feeling I'll still get another 10+ hours out of it before I reach the credit, even ignoring that I think I heard 50 hours was around the normal playtime to get to the end. I am glad I'm not gonna be spending 200 hours on it, loved the original but that was so much that it was a good incentive to not even buy the DLC on Wii U (presumably the opposite of what they want people who loved the game to do).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kintypoo121

Finishing up the final mission on GTA III and excited to jump into Vice City, my favourite in the series Also playing MK8 with the Mrs (now a ritual) and enjoying the new additions to the online rotation ~

Kintypoo121

Ryu_Niiyama

Rune Factory 5 is better than I thought it would be. The game play loop has its hooks in me.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Wargoose

I've been playing through Sackboy on PS4, with the wife. It's really good fun in multiplayer, but it feels a little unoriginal.

I've also been slowly making my way through some Wii games. I've currently got Project Zero 2 and Epic Mickey on the go.

Wargoose

ZapNCrap

I'm playing some fortnite as always also I just got Stardew Valley its pretty good so far.

ZapNCrap

kkslider5552000

Royalblues wrote:

Can anyone recommend some GBA games for me? I want to make use of at least one of the three Analogue Pockets that I managed to buy.

Literally every GBA game I'd actively recommend from personal experience:
-Super Mario Advance series
-Both Golden Sun games
-Both Advance Wars games
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
-I guess every Final Fantasy remake (I've not played V Advance, but I've heard good things)
-Drill Dozer
-Pokemon R/S/E
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
-Astro Boy: Omega Factor
-Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
-Super Monkey Ball Jr
-The Sonic Advance games
-The Castlevania games (ask someone whose played more than 30 minutes of it about Circle of the Moon though)
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (yes, really, the GBA version)
-Mario vs. Donkey Kong
-Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
-Game and Watch Gallery 4
-Both Metroid games
-Both Zelda games (though I'm not sure if you'd have a chance to play that version of Four Swords they added to LTTP)
-Both Warioware games (well assuming the hardware doesn't make Twisted not work or not fun)
-Mario Golf: Advance Tour

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

blindsquirrel

Paper Mario 64. Just beat shy guys toybox, which was a slog to get through. Hopefully chapter five is good. I have high hopes tho, since the first three were great.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

NintendoPete

I am playing Bulletstorm - Duke Nukem Switch Edition - funny game. Finished Super Mario Bros 3 Mix yesterday with all 300 star coins - also a very good hack

NintendoPete

BlackAceZero777

Dark Cloud 2, Fortnite, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD, Mega Man X8, and some others.

Take heart, for a measure of a person lies not in how one deals with the easiest situations. But rather in what you do when faced with the most hopeless of circumstances. -Vexx

Twitter:

TommyTendo

Jackbox Party Pack 8, Game & Wario (Fruit and Islands in particular), Boomerang Fu, Speedrunners, Mario Party Superstars

NintendoByNature

M&L paper jam, mario golf GBC, and some dq11.

NintendoByNature

Wargoose

I've been playing through Downtown Nekketsu, on the Kunio Kun collection. Considering it's NES game, it's aged really well.

Wargoose

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic