Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,303

dmcc0

With no decent football game to play now that PES has left Game Pass/got delisted I've been getting back into Rocket League again. Also playing Dimension Drive on Switch and about to start Assassins Creed Odyssey on Xbox.

dmcc0

Tasuki

Since I got.a replace Switch I have been going back and playing my Switch games again, kinda sucks I have to start over on them since the save files were on my other Switch but at least I got my games back.

In particular I have been playing New Super Mario U Deluxe. I had it on the Wii U but never really got into it. Right now I just got to the third world.

Xbox wise I have been playing Forza Horizon 3 which I am about to wrap up.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magician

With Dragon Star Varnir done and dusted I'm getting back to Root Letter.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

Nearly done with The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. I still need to complete the DLC stuff that's included with it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Fizza

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.
I just started it there and have done the first 2 chapters in Adventures. All I can say so far is that there is some absolutely bonkers stuff happening so far.... and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Poor Kazuma....

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Chapter 8 of xenoblade chronicles 2. It's heating up, but has some frustrating moments like ability gates and such. Overall it's great, but I'll give the award to XC 1. That is, unless something crazy happens in these last two chapters.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Oh it gets crazier lol. I'm just before the final boss and cleaning up a few side things first. And yeah, the ability gating is one of my complaints too. That and the gacha Blade mechanics, though to the game's credit they throw you a few freebies.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Cineologist

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I'm trying to "get good" before the first wave of DLC arrives. On the quest to get all the gold unlockables. I've had this game since launch but never actually put the time to play it till now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4947-0280-9215 (Cinéphile)

Fizza

@Franz You're going for all the gold pieces? Oh, you poor soul.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea, I'd imagine for completionists it's probably a pain. I passively add new blades so that hasn't bothered me as much as the gating. But it's been a fun ride. Admittedly, I'd like to finish it up soon. I'm clocked in at 50 hours so far and wouldn't mind checking out something else, maybe even smaller lol.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Yep, the gating is definitely the worse of those two complaints. Heads up - chapter 9's end boss can be a pain if you aren't prepared. Said boss has a couple of cheap moves IMO.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Cineologist

@Fizza Hahaha! Yes! I tried the to beat the ghost for time trial, and I was wayyyyy out of my league. I'm trying to three-star every cup at the moment. So far, I'm halfway through 100cc. It's pretty fun discovering all the shortcuts and tricks to shave off a few seconds. I'm enjoying it!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4947-0280-9215 (Cinéphile)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx oh no! I'm around level 55 currently which, if I know your play style like I think I do, you probably did a bit more grinding and were a few levels above where I am at this point. I'm assuming you have so save up for a chain attack of sorts towards the latter half of the fight. What type of preparations should I be making?

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature My party was roughly ten levels higher for the fight, though chapters 8 and 9 throw a lot of cannon fodder at you to help with that; I had a heck of a time even getting to the end of chapter 8. Though I haven't done a lot of forced grinding. The best I can offer is try to get as many elemental seals on your opponent (roughly 3-4) until when they're just below half health, then activate a chain attack along with Pyra/Mythra's combined form. And that's IF your chain attack bar remains full....I also use Rex/Nia/Morag for my main group. If that boss isn't down by the time you're through that combo, chances are you're hosed for that round. I went in completely unprepared and...went through multiple attempts and most of the slang dictionary.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx haha ok gotcha. I'll let you know when I finally get there. About how long story wise are chapters 8, 9, and 10? Like I said, it would be great to get this all buttoned up in the near future.

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

Still playing World of Tanks Blitz on Switch and PC, also started Pokemon X recently. So far, loving Pokemon X, decided to play as the girl character because Serena and Fennekin were my favorite part of Pokemon Series XY.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I should also mention I didn't start pulling out the slang dictionary until attempt 4 or 5. It took me almost three hours of trial and error, with one short break, before that boss went down. Chapter 8 felt a bit long, whereas I thought chapter 9 felt a little on the short side. Chapter 10 feels short so far as well, though I'm not finished yet.

blindsquirrel

Just got to Ikana valley in majoras mask. day is free tomorrow so we will beat the game then.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Magician

Well I made it a couple hours into Root Letter and the story just didn't grab me. One more for the trade pile. Played about an hour of Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? The oldschool design of committing to jumps, with no ability to change or alter your trajectory midflight, just turned me off the game. Yet another for the trade pile.

Fired up my copy of Hard West for a couple missions. This one is a pleasant surprise. Coming off the severely disappointing first impression The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk left with me, Hard West looks good, sounds better, and has managed to not give me motion sickness in the first hour of playing the game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tyranexx

Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time (DS) - Not sure how I feel about this one yet. So far the plot is intriguing and dark at times (for the Mario series) with some entertaining writing, and the graphics are quite charming. Not sure how I feel about the combat system with the babies however, and the game is pretty linear so far compared to this point in SuperStar Saga + Bowser's Minions. I'm about five hours in as of this writing. Also, is it just me or do bosses take forever to die?

WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii U) - I grabbed a used physical copy online. This has been a nice palate cleanser so far and contains a lot of the classic WarioWare charm! I gotta say, I love all the "pose" narrations and texts. XD Some fun series characters return as well. I'm not very far in yet; just unlocked Young Cricket and Master Mantis.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic