Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 10,821 to 10,840 of 12,088

kkslider5552000

I do agree Pokemon is overrated, in the sense that no way has Pokemon consistently earned its position in modern times as the most profitable series in the world. Like imagine working on a bold, big budget game for 4+ years like people have and you get outsold to an absurd degree by those lame D/P remakes. That's just unfair at that point. I'm obviously ignoring my usual point when I say that, since "overrated" implies ratings, not popularity.

I felt the same way when a bunch of cool games were coming out in 2009 on Wii and DS and all of them combined sold significantly less than "what if NSMB again, but more people". Though at least cool, niche games don't consistently die on Switch, so it is better than that at least.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kermit1doesmath

@Kairu I probably had 200 cards but I gave the bulk of my collection to my brother (in other words, the ones I didn't want).

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

GBA Video is not terrible. Most of the criticisms I see on GBA Video seems to ignore that this was a way to watch cartoons on the go well before video iPods and smartphones existed. Of course it's not going to be DVD quality, but it still was impressive to watch video on the go back then, let alone have video on a device that wasn't meant to be a video player.

There's no use for it now, I can watch movies and shows on my smartphone, but back in 2004, it was cool novelty to be able to watch a show on my GBA.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Croctopus

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link was not that bad, just different. I wouldn’t mind a new Zelda game in that style again with better controls.

Spring-Fresh Cub

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Dev9417 Yes yes hallow knight! I love it so much!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

NintendoByNature

@Dev9417 monster boy and the cursed kingdom is a pretty close match. I'd give it a shot since it's always on sale. It's great if you like zelda II.

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

Honestly, I'm okay with how easy pokemon games are. I don't play the series for challenge. I recognize it's "baby's first JRPG" and is primarily meant for casuals and children. The most I really care about is just the gameplay aspect of the game. If that's enjoyable to me, then I don't care what the graphics end up being like, or what the story is.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Tounushi

VoidofLight wrote:

I recognize it's "baby's first JRPG" and is primarily meant for casuals and children.

Never even thought of Pokemon as an RPG, and I had Blue and Yellow as a kid.

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

Snatcher

@Tounushi Doesn’t it fall in the jrpg category tho? You level up, you recut party members, you have items, sounds like an jrpg to me.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Tounushi

@Snatcher YOU don't level up. You don't build a party. Each combatant goes one at a time. There's no real plot points past the duels with Gary and capturing Pokemon.
It's more like a duel manager with light RPG elements.

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

Pizzamorg

wtf is a duel manager? Seems like some wild splitting hairs here, there ain't no question about Pokemon games being JRPGs. They are, period. Why would anyone even try and argue against this? This is meant to be unpopular opinions not just straight misinformation lmao

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Tounushi We are talking about the same game right? Pokémon? Right?

@Pizzamorg I have no idea how you argue that lmao. And I also want to know what a duel manager is.

Edited on by Snatcher

Pizzamorg

To keep with the theme, I love how the Pokemon games are one of the few traditional turnbased JRPGs left. Too many franchises, or new ones, are going to or using hybrid or straight real time models, and while these can be good, the vast majority of them I just wish they were traditional turn based or offered a traditional turn-based mode I could use instead. There are so many franchises I wished I could enjoy, but I just think outside of some traditional CRPGs, these hybrid models are a straight mess or lack the depth of a proper turn-based system.

I really hope the turn of the Yakuza games to become turn based JRPGs for their mainline entries might revitalise the art form, as it seemed like the turn-based RPG was dying out for a while there and I'd hate that.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

I also don’t really mind if Pokémon Are easy, there are many ways to make it harder for myself if I really care, and the games music slaps (And toby is going to make this knee one All the more sweet) and are just fun to play.

Like pizza said above, it’s nice to have traditional jrpg, and wile I would like Pokémon to update here and there that’s something I wouldn’t change, and if they keep doing spin-offs like legends, I think Pokémon has a good balance right now.

Sunsy

@Eagly Yeah, it's basically was a way to watch video on the go too when it wasn't normally on phones yet. I really can't hate GBA video for what it is, it was cool tech at the time and was good for what it was for.

@Kermit1 Sonic X in GBA video quality. Interesting bit of history, the Pokemon ones were published by Nintendo instead of Majesco.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy I thought Majesco published all the Pokémon anime, that is interesting.

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Nope, while they developed the tech, Nintendo themselves published the Pokemon ones. Majesco published the Nicktoons ones, the Cartoon Network ones, and the Disney ones.

Edited on by Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic