Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 1,991

Buizel

I'm about to finish Tales of Vesperia and I'm wondering which RPG to play next. I am looking for something that fits my tastes, but may also surprise me.

For background, my favourite RPGs include Pokemon, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario TTYD, Final Fantasy VIII / X, and Xenoblade Chronicles.

The RPGs I have available to me are Final Fantasy VI/XV/Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts 2, Suidoken 2, Tales of the Abyss /Zestiria /Eternia, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Earthbound, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Mario RPG, and the two most recent Star Ocean games.

Any ideas?

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Krull

@Buizel You've got Crisis Core? I loved that on the PSP. As long as you're playing it on the original hardware, it's definitely worth playing, particularly if you played Final Fantasy VII.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Buizel

@Krull Yep, I've actually played a few hours of it already (but I'd restart in this instance), and quite enjoyed it. I just wish it was playable on Vita / PSTV!

I'll consider it but it's very much less RPG-like than the others on my list.

At least 2'8".

Bod2019

MicroSD memory card -

Had this deal come through from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B073S99KPQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_...

I'm awaiting my Switch, so still trying to get the 'right' MicroSD card.

My question, is this card suitable/fast enough? And is this a good deal (I'm a little in the dark with the cost of these cards)

Appreciate any recommendations/advice.

Cheers.

Bod2019

Cynas

@Tops I'd highly recommend Persona 5 as long as you don't mind having some social simulation elements tagged along with the JRPG experience.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Xyphon22

I have a couple semi-connected questions. I decided to scour the Wii Shop because I knew I had some points still on it. I was thinking I would probably get Ys Book 1 and 2 in preparation for Ys VIII coming out and I've always wanted to play it, but then I saw Final Fantasy II is on there which I didn't know. I have thought about that too since I'm almost done with the original on the NES Classic and then have FFIII on the SNES Classic. Which of these two games would you recommend? Also, is there an easier or better way to get either of these games since I never play my Wii anymore? Finally, they both cost 800 points, and I apparently only have 700. Is there any way to only add 100 points, because I don't really want to pay $10 to add 1000 points to a console I never play. Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

MarcelRguez

@Xyphon22 Between FFII and III, you mean? Assuming that's it (and assuming you're referring to IV and VI), I'd go with VI. Nothing wrong with IV (it might be my favorite of the SNES titles), but it's a much simpler game in both narrative and gameplay. They're very different games aesthetically (medieval science-fantasy vs fantasy-meets-dieselpunk), with IV being more in line with previous entries and VI being more similar to VII. Both have top-tier soundtracks, can't go wrong with either one.

About availability, Google tells me IV is on the Wii U's eShop. I'm assuming that's the Advance version of the game, which has worse sound quality but an much better translation. The same goes for VI Advance, although that one isn't available on any eShop. And keep in mind that there are two remakes of IV: one for the PSP (2D, minimal changes) and one for the DS (3D, with lots of additions that couldn't be implemented in the original version). You might want to look into those as well.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Xyphon22

@MarcelRguez I actually meant between FF 2 and Ys Book 1&2 (which is one game on the Wii shop). Sorry for the confusion. I already have FF 3 on the SNES Classic and was considering trying to play 2 first. But I've also always thought Ys looked interesting but have never played one. But if there is no way to simply pay $1 to add 100 points, chances are good I won't get either (at least not on the Wii).

Xyphon22

MarcelRguez

@Xyphon22 That I can't help you with, then. All I know is that there's only two ways to add credit to the Wii's shop: through gift cards and through the store itself. It's been a while, but I don't remember the store letting you add anything but fixed amounts of credit ($5, $10, etc.)

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Xyphon22

@MarcelRguez OK, thanks. Yeah, the lowest it lets you add is 1000 points for $10, which I realized I could do and then just afford both games, but I'm not sure I want to do that on a system I never play anymore (I was only going to get something just to use the points I already have). If FF 2 is on the Wii U shop for only $8, I may go that route.

Xyphon22

Fandabidozi

@Tops
Uncharted Collection then Uncharted 4 are must, must, must buy.

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

Mew

Can I talk about music? Yes? Ok.
Been listening to a lot of Lemon Demon recently and I'm wondering if any of you also like weird altrock/pop nerd stuff. I need more of that in my life. If any of you somehow have the same taste in music as me, what should I listen to?

the official callie of nintendo life

Nintendo Network ID: SmasherMew

SuperLuigi111

Tops wrote:

@Fandabidozi Good to hear because I picked up the Uncharted Collection last week. I'll grab 4 and Lost Legacy once I'm through the first three.

I would also say the spinoff, Lost Legacy is great. In fact, along with Uncharted 2 they're my faves.

SuperLuigi111

Fandabidozi

@SuperLuigi111
I’ll get round to that eventually for sure. I’m deep in a WoW playing phase atm, no time to do much else.
I bought the special edition Uncharted 4 PS4. Sometimes I just sit and admire it.

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

SuperLuigi111

Fandabidozi wrote:

@SuperLuigi111
I’ll get round to that eventually for sure. I’m deep in a WoW playing phase atm, no time to do much else.
I bought the special edition Uncharted 4 PS4. Sometimes I just sit and admire it.

Hehe, yeah I know how that can be, to be very focused on one thing. In your own time, enjoy.

SuperLuigi111

LadyCharlie

@Xyphon22
Final Fantasy II (or FF IV, if you prefer to call it that) is NOT available on Wii U.
But it IS available on GBA, DS, PSP, PS one, PC, and mobile.

if you're asking for advice, I recommend Ys, because it hasn't been re-released as much.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

judaspete

If you haven't played Power Stone, you should.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

judaspete

@ReaderRagfihs I'd say 2 is better due to 4-player support, but both games have their advantages. With that many players plus stage hazards, 2 gets chaotic. The smaller arenas and a single opponent in 1 gives the game focus. It feels a little more like a fighting game whereas 2 approches party game territory.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

Ninfan

What computer game tv stations can I get in Ireland or on the net

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic